Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good to see the religion of peace is still peaceful

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Just like Saudi Arabia, they are our mates so their beheadings are fine. No need to invade them after such atrocities.

SaudiandISIS.jpg

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Typical hand-wringing response there, I'm afraid. No-one, anywhere, anytime, as far as I have seen or heard, has ever suggested that all 1.9 billion Muslims (I'll assume your figure is correct) are terrorists, mental or otherwise. Can you understand that? - no-one is suggesting they are, so your argument fails at the firs hurdle.

The title of this thread is "Good to see the religion of peace is still peaceful" I would say that the subtext and tone of the title while not suggest that Muslims are terrorists it certainly suggests that all Muslims are not peaceful. And makes this assumption based on the extremist actions of a few of its number.

Sadly your arguments fails to even make it to the first hurdle and very much falls at the starting gun, nay at the advertising poster for the event. :)

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I'm certainly no cheerleader for Islam, personally think it is a backward and dangerously aggressive religion. However, the country with by far the most executions every year is China, which isn't Muslim. Also, I'm sure the USA would consider itself a Christian country, but still executes plenty of people every year, 28 last year, 1422 in total since 1976.

China has a poulation of 1.357 billion. Saudi is 28 million. Just to put that figure you have seen into perspective.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The title of this thread is "Good to see the religion of peace is still peaceful" I would say that the subtext and tone of the title while not suggest that Muslims are terrorists it certainly suggests that all Muslims are not peaceful. And makes this assumption based on the extremist actions of a few of its number.

Sadly your arguments fails to even make it to the first hurdle and very much falls at the starting gun, nay at the advertising poster for the event. :)

What are you babling about?

" it certainly suggests that all Muslims are not peaceful. And makes this assumption based on the extremist actions of a few of its number."

Well er DERP! Because the good Muslims that mean us no harm are what we should be concerned with.:tosser:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Agreed,just as moronic as telling people who detest the extremists they must also hate all muslims therefore they are racists

We all detest extremists Pasta, some of us recognise that blurring the lines between the extremists and the rest of Islam (see the title of this thread) as dangerous and playing into the hands of those extremists by causing divide.

I would have though it were pretty simple and easy to caveat ones point with a reference to extremists or terrorists rather than general Islam (again see the thread title). It wouldn't take much, just an extra word or two to clearly demonstrate that people are not mistrusting of all Muslims just the extremists/ terrorists.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
They didn't you are selectivly quoting and digging through google.

Of the first 5 results only one mentions a root interpretation,"In the religious sense, Islam means submission to the will of God and obedience to His law. Is the meaning, maybe you should go of to mumsnet to find another obscure quote.

so you agree it can be mistranslated? and therefore the majority aren't nutnuts (apart from nutty that anyone would believe in god)

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
so you agree it can be mistranslated?

Yea by you. The Peace cannard stems from a saying,." When non muslims submit to muslims and muslims submit to the Koran then there will be peace.."

Maybe thats what you are in favour of?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Just like Saudi Arabia, they are our mates so their beheadings are fine. No need to invade them after such atrocities.

So if I get this right you are saying the public beheadings in Saudi that are swift yet without doubt brutal backward and barbaric along with all the other ridiculous punishments are on the exact same level as The Islamic State.

A group who quite recently have dangled men over fires and roasted them alive,used group death by RPG,executed by running over with a tank and pushed off high buildings not to mention their own version of beheading where they slowly carve half the head off,pause for effect and let the victim hear himself drown in his own blood unable to scream.

Yes the similarities are endless :nono:

Its quite possible after much pressure from the international community Saudi Arabia might reign in some of its more backward punishments. No such luck with the latter lot though who want to expand their vile hate everywhere

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So if I get this right you are saying the public beheadings in Saudi that are swift yet without doubt brutal backward and barbaric along with all the other ridiculous punishments are on the exact same level as The Islamic State.

A group who quite recently have dangled men over fires and roasted them alive,used group death by RPG,executed by running over with a tank and pushed off high buildings not to mention their own version of beheading where they slowly carve half the head off,pause for effect and let the victim hear himself drown in his own blood unable to scream.

Yes the similarities are endless :nono:

Its quite possible after much pressure from the international community Saudi Arabia might reign in some of its more backward punishments. No such luck with the latter lot though who want to expand their vile hate everywhere

Not really what I was saying. that may be what the picture was suggesting but i didn't post that.

All i was saying was that our governments rarely seem to criticise Saudi Arabia and certainly never invade them despite regular and on going human rights violations. We are quite happy to buddy up to said country despite it sharing barbaric practises to those countries that we have in the past decided to invade (I didn't mention ISIS). This leads me to believe that their is in fact more to it than simply barbaric practises and human rights abuses.

I am not making an direct comparisons between any two counties or organisation as i don't think that is relevant.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good analogy, and using it, I guess therefore a Chairman of an away team sitting in a Brighton directors box as a guest on a match day must mean he'd have to have something to do with Brighton? Would he not?
No. Official announcements made by Brighton have something to do with Brighton. The link you posted was to a post sanctioned by the church, right? I couldn't just go and post something on there could I?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
A religion of peace, may seem like a misnomer, but it is truly the aim of Islam. The method for achieving this is to make the whole world Islamic, and the route to this may not be entirely without violence.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
The media and the pink and fluffy liberals still want us to believe it is a peaceful tolerant past time, 7 days in 47 executions, every major city in Germany had serious sexual assaults, Paris, Syria, Somalia and a burning down of an embassy not to mention that video. Of course none of this has anything to do with the religion of course. I was hoping for a 2016 free from the religion of peace. Hate to see what a religion of violence looks like.

Careful there mate, didn't you know we're not allowed to say anything bad about anything to do with Muslims now as it might hurt somebody's feelings (and by 'somebody's' I mean theirs) and we must all now give special treatment to them and if you don't agree you're racist!!!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No. Official announcements made by Brighton have something to do with Brighton. The link you posted was to a post sanctioned by the church, right? I couldn't just go and post something on there could I?

I give up, you win by technical knockout :facepalm:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
A religion of peace, may seem like a misnomer, but it is truly the aim of Islam. The method for achieving this is to make the whole world Islamic, and the route to this may not be entirely without violence.

They kill more of their own than they do other religions, what happens when they have their utopia and all Sunni's or all Shia's have been wiped out too, so we have, say, 100% Sunni's, surely they'll still not have had enough?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I would say that the subtext and tone of the title while not suggest that Muslims are terrorists it certainly suggests that all Muslims are not peaceful.

And the factual innacuracy of that is?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here