Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
True to form, if you do not agree with someone's opinion, you post insults. Has it ever occurred to you that this is a messageboard and that posters are entitled to post their opinions. What i thought was not really acceptable was insults. I actually am not keen on some of your posts (in between insults) but there you go, we are all different eh.
Still, i am not the only one that you insult, you seem to have quite a list.

You've spent 233 pages saying the same thing over and over. I'm no model NSC poster but my god man! Do you never shut up? Do you never get bored cos everyone else does. Give it a bloody rest man.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You've spent 233 pages saying the same thing over and over. I'm no model NSC poster but my god man! Do you never shut up? Do you never get bored cos everyone else does. Give it a bloody rest man.
Have you had a bad day. So you speak for everyone on here eh. Did your tickets to emigrate not arrive, maybe your funding for your business project did not come through, or perhaps the lead role in the Cinderella Christmas panto has gone. I thought you were into mass debating, seems you can not get up for it anymore.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Could it possibly be that the general population of Europe has an ethos developed since the end of WWII based on helping others worse off than themselves? ???

This is possibly true, but after the initial chaos of the war, and in particular its aftermath, the numbers of refuges accepted by European countries has not really been on this scale. Its the numbers game.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

As BF would say -where is your evidence?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Oh. My. ****ing. GOD. Shut the **** up you knobber.

im glad you posted this.you now fit every stereotype

The worst kind of people are those that have lost their argument and are unable to offer anything to a debate, all that is left are insults and an insistence people stop talking about an issue all together in the hope it is silenced. No one should ever give in to this type of Fascism

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Here's a video with "war refugees"--women, children, women, children, women, children, women, children, old and sick people, women, children, old and sick people, women, children, women, children, women, women, children, women, children, women, children, old and sick people, women, children, old and sick people, women, children, women, children, women and children...

https://vid.me/lgKx

... all those sick, wounded, weak people, running away from war! All those mothers with children in their arms--WE MUST HELP THEM!

D

Deleted member 22389

im glad you posted this.you now fit every stereotype

The worst kind of people are those that have lost their argument and are unable to offer anything to a debate, all that is left are insults and an insistence people stop talking about an issue all together in the hope it is silenced. No one should ever give in to this type of Fascism

Good post.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Here's a video with "war refugees"--women, children, women, children, women, children, women, children, old and sick people, women, children, old and sick people, women, children, women, children, women, women, children, women, children, women, children, old and sick people, women, children, old and sick people, women, children, women, children, women and children...

... all those sick, wounded, weak people, running away from war! All those mothers with children in their arms--WE MUST HELP THEM!

Help of course, relocation of millions of people to Europe isnt the answer, nor are Syrians the only people that need help, there has aways been an overwhelming amount of people that have been born into conflict, poverty and disease, it hasnt just started with the Syrian conflict, it never did just start when that child was drowned, each have a case for help but this shouldnt mean a fast track to Europe.

There needs to be help on the ground, near or at the place they come from, well resourced and safe settlements are the obvious aspiration, just thinking that Europe must and can absorb the millions never was a viable option.

D

Deleted member 22389

Thanks for the video, because at the moment the news has gone completely silent on this crisis again in this country.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Thanks for the video, because at the moment the news has gone completely silent on this crisis again in this country.

Do you require a picture to confirm likely struggles throughout the world ?

If you truly care about vulnerable people, why not give the 23%+ of our 50 000+ UK foster children a thought.

Our most vulnerable children are being moved to and from families at alarming rate.

Its funny but I cannot recall one politician, celebrity or CEO of a refugee charity holding up a single poster on facebook highlighting their plight, whilst clambering to offer a financially privileged migrant a room.

Here are the figures.

England 50,908 8,517 (two placements) 2,439 (three placements) 728 (four placements) 223 (five placements) 108 (six placements) 96 (seven placements) 12,111 (in totalled moved more than once) 23.8% of total in foster homes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-34292394

Here's a link and photos too.

D

Deleted member 22389

Do you require a picture to confirm likely struggles throughout the world ?

If you truly care about vulnerable people, why not give the 23%+ of our 50 000+ UK foster children a thought.

Our most vulnerable children are being moved to and from families at alarming rate.

Its funny but I cannot recall one politician, celebrity or CEO of a refugee charity holding up a single poster on facebook highlighting their plight, whilst clambering to offer a financially privileged migrant a room.

Here are the figures.

England 50,908 8,517 (two placements) 2,439 (three placements) 728 (four placements) 223 (five placements) 108 (six placements) 96 (seven placements) 12,111 (in totalled moved more than once) 23.8% of total in foster homes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-34292394

Here's a link and photos too.

Actually me and the wife have considered fostering in the past. At the moment it's simply not viable as we don't have the room, but like I say we did consider it.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Actually me and the wife have considered fostering in the past. At the moment it's simply not viable as we don't have the room, but like I say we did consider it.

Fairplay to you both, however there is a slight irony in your words as it sums up my position on migrants.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Fairplay to you both, however there is a slight irony in your words as it sums up my position on migrants.

the world is spiralling isn't it....which way is it heading...?? it would be bad enough without all the shyte in the middle east , the fact is there are too many humans on this planet....hell on earth for so many....no..??

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This is poppycock fishy,you have simply fallen into calling people who question issues surrounding asylum seeking as having no conscience.Its a well worn path peddled for years that usually ends with accusations of racist.This path has seen its day and wont wash anymore.

There is plenty to be suspicious about though with regard to asylum seekers, especially with regard to being genuinely fleeing from persecution or simply economic migrants
The figures for those refused refugee status or protection all over Europe clearly show large numbers are from the latter group.(I have posted these previously on here)
Only this afternoon I listened to a reporter who has been following groups travelling the routes describe how he came across a group of people travelling the other way.It seems they had given up trying to get to Germany and were going home to Iraq.
You have to ask how bad it must in their particular area that they are simply returning to exactly the place they are fleeing from.
Of course this is not true for all those making this journey and you cant read too much into one reporters observations but at least we should be questioning who is genuinely in fear for their life or persecution and needs protection and who is not.

Which leads to my next point,people are saying Germany will be taking 800,000 refugees this year why cant other countries help out.This is tosh rubbish, Germany is expecting 800,000 people to apply for asylum.After processing 100`s of thousands are likely to be refused refugee status.Germany is buckling under the system to process people and then be responsible for people until they are deported(largely through their own making) They simply want other countries to share the burden of processing and share the burden of keeping people who are refused asylum until they are deported.

This countries plan is to take genuine already processed refugees from the camps surrounding Syria,hate the Tories and Cameron if you want but it’s the most sensible plan promoted by anyone in Europe so far. If the whole EU sent out this same clear message and stuck to its own rules(schengen) this crisis of mass movement would end.

However much you don’t like it Europe cannot cope with vast amounts of economic migrants,its possible at a push,and it’s a big ask requiring big thinking from all The EU,surrounding Syrian countries and Arab nations to manage and process genuine refugees but until you verify who is genuine you are going to see scenes as we do on TV.

If people are in the camp of all economic migrants should be given equal status as refugees as some are saying,because they are just looking for a new life, I would ask them if they have a cut off figure as to how many economic migrants Europe allows in from outside Europe? If they do have one why can they not justify exceeding this figure? If they don’t have a cut off figure would they be happy if say 10,50,100, or 200 million of the planets poorest upped sticks made their way to Europe because some people said come here,everyone welcome, we will look after you.

I noticed this question has been posed a few times on here in various forms and yet no one of the pro economic migrant camp has been willing to supply an answer

Most people on here express a couple of concerns about the impact of refugees. Many of these concerns are valid. However this thread has thrown up a fair number of concerns, some valid and some based on very little aside from scare mongering. I am wary of the motivation of someone who claims to hold the whole spectrum of concerns as it strikes me that they are looking for reasons to mistrust people. I don't really see how time diminishes the validity of my concerns (or my location [MENTION=420]sydney[/MENTION]).

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Most people on here express a couple of concerns about the impact of refugees. Many of these concerns are valid. However this thread has thrown up a fair number of concerns, some valid and some based on very little aside from scare mongering. I am wary of the motivation of someone who claims to hold the whole spectrum of concerns as it strikes me that they are looking for reasons to mistrust people. I don't really see how time diminishes the validity of my concerns (or my location [MENTION=420]sydney[/MENTION]).

i have read that 4 times and ........nah sorry :mad::mad: wtf are you on about.........just search recent muslim marches in blackburn and luton....that should help you through your swamp of denial.....:thumbsup:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
i have read that 4 times and ........nah sorry :mad::mad: wtf are you on about.........just search recent muslim marches in blackburn and luton....that should help you through your swamp of denial.....:thumbsup:

Your second points illustrates your first perfectly. :)

To clear it up for you I was suggesting that if someone agrees with every single concern on these threads with little regard for the validity of those concerns then I am going to be suspicious of their motives and agenda.

Marches in Luton and Blackburn have no baring on my point, nor have I denied anything.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

How very suitably vague! And yes, you have concerns as to others' motivations, as others have about you with your one-liners! It may strike you as such, though for someone who always wants others to provide evidence, a speculative statement such as this would seem rather ironic. It might just be that that "someone" who lives here, watches the telly here, speaks to all sorts of folk in a variety of situations here, might, just might, be better informed than you and thus able to form a more realistic view.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Your second points illustrates your first perfectly. :)

To clear it up for you I was suggesting that if someone agrees with every single concern on these threads with little regard for the validity of those concerns then I am going to be suspicious of their motives and agenda.

Marches in Luton and Blackburn have no baring on my point, nor have I denied anything.

It would be correct to acknowledge EVERY reasonable concern, security for sure, sustainability for sure and any feasible consequence.

It seems originally that you and others dismissed any concern as some kind of non compassionate position or driven by a desire to be accepting without any qualification other than pictures.

Bizarrely Germany recoil in their own position has then prompted you to also recognise some concerns and the unfettered migration seems to be off your agenda.

You are just blowing in the wind, hardening your position whilst offering very little reason why with vague references to concerns of those that called it correctly originally.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Forgetting about the far right BNP and EDL marches in these locations, tell me about the horror of these muslim marches, or maybe post a link?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here