Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raphael Dwamena RIP

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have apparently spent £50m this summer, Huddersfield £40m but bought 10 players to do so. I must admit I was very surprised to hear it as I would have said United , City Arsenal and Everton spent more

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
a6bdeaae2d766b23b43e423647759408.png

This is before the £10-£12m for RD which would indeed put Albion at 3rd.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That listing shows as 5th but sold nobody and not sure it includes Dwamena . If not our deficit would be greater than Leicester and Everton and put us in 3rd so perhaps the person who told me is a lttle confused between actual spending and transfer deficit.,.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
That listing shows as 5th but sold nobody and not sure it includes Dwamena . If not our deficit would be greater than Leicester and Everton and put us in 3rd so perhaps the person who told me is a lttle confused between actual spending and transfer deficit.,.

I said it didn't include RD. if it did it would put us 3rd but other clubs are making signings all the time and these tables are all guess work really. As nobody really discloses fees anymore. PS: despite everyone under impression that they wrapped up business months ago. And we are the only ones left buying players in August ! - there still seems to be a lot of big transfers being completed at both ends of the table.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Chelsea gavce but recouped £110m and as I said perhaps the person who told me this has got confused between spending and transfer trading deficit.

They can only mean net transfer spending. Based on that and today only probably given the flurry of deals, we are indeed 3rd as he said.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
a6bdeaae2d766b23b43e423647759408.png

This is before the £10-£12m for RD which would indeed put Albion at 3rd.
Puts us top of the league of the clubs who have not yet spent crazy money. Together with extended contracts for key players already in the squad this should represent a solid attempt to stay in the Premier League, provided the new purchases deliver what was expected of them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here