Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raphael Dwamena RIP

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
With Jose and AK back in the squad teams won't be able to press us as much we will be dangerous on the break, in turn we will have more of the ball and hopefully get back to playing football. The panic over the last two results is laughable and some really need to get a grip or a life.

Abso f***ing lutely!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think just a simple the work permit hearing is on Monday would suffice for most as in the case of Dwamena and we have the clearance for Izquierdo. I must admit to getting home very late last night so havent heard or read any CH updates as yet. I am sure it would have been posted on here if anything definite.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In the late 80s/90s I was on Surrey FA and on the League sanctions committee that dealt with such issues for lower rated players coming from abroad or even other FAs within the UK like Wales and Scotland
More experience than me for sure, but things have changed to much since then BG.
In those days pre internet and e mails it was all done by fax and even then didnt take very long so with modern internet should be quicker.
Things could be fast if the authorities wanted them to be. It's not the lack of speedy internet that slows things down, it's how often the meetings are held, and bullshit red tape.

I was thinking of Izquierdo possibly being like Tevez and Maschrinho and the problems they had but apparently that is thankfully not the case.
No it's not, chill out :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The panic over the last two results is laughable and some really need to get a grip or a life.
You're probably right, but are you not even a little worried? We certainly didn't expect any points from the game against Man C, and a point against Leicester would have been a bonus, but we had hoped for a better start by Ryan and Propper.

Side note - having seen the replay many times, I feel we should have had a penalty against Leicester. Probably didn't play as bad as it sounded on the radio.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Probably didn't play as bad as it sounded on the radio.

...or as bad as the national media made it out to be. I must admit neither scoreline really upset me - losing 2-0 in either of those games is nothing to be afraid of - but a lot of the reports affected how positive I feel for the season, with them making out that we really did do nothing at all and are in for a hell of a long depressing season.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
...or as bad as the national media made it out to be. I must admit neither scoreline really upset me - losing 2-0 in either of those games is nothing to be afraid of - but a lot of the reports affected how positive I feel for the season, with them making out that we really did do nothing at all and are in for a hell of a long depressing season.

Had we won either game the media would have made it out to be some kind of miracle. The truth of course sits somewhere between the two. Right now I think its nearer the do nothing at all end but that can change quickly

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Side note - having seen the replay many times, I feel we should have had a penalty against Leicester. Probably didn't play as bad as it sounded on the radio.

No, no we really did play very badly.

Press reports were accurate in my opinion. I'm not a classic doom and gloom merchant at all but we showed no belief whatsoever against Leicester. That is what needs to change if we are to have a chance this season.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Thats the kind of news we supporters need.

No. Its the sort of information that bed wetters need.

I feel the need for no such information as it happens.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
With Jose and AK back in the squad teams won't be able to press us as much we will be dangerous on the break, in turn we will have more of the ball and hopefully get back to playing football. The panic over the last two results is laughable and some really need to get a grip or a life.

Post of the week for me

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
From lots of different quarters. That is the nature of sport.

Everyone who works has people critiquing and appraising their work performance all the time.

Talking more about on here. Anybody would think it's the end of the world because we lost two (difficult) games, and the fact that our new signings aren't immediately setting the division alight!

Two games FFS! Give them a chance to bed down.

Its almost comical seeing people over reacting to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here