Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kenneth Zohore

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Couldn't anyone?
CMS was actually a much more established (and prolific) goalscorer in the next league down.

Other than the fact there is absolutely NO similarity between the 2, I think it's a reasonable question.

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Other than the fact there is absolutely NO similarity between the 2, I think it's a reasonable question.

It was a fair question. CMS was a striker that scored a hatful at a lower level but struggled to be as prolific when he stepped up. BG is asking if Zohore could be the same.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
It was a fair question. CMS was a striker that scored a hatful at a lower level but struggled to be as prolific when he stepped up. BG is asking if Zohore could be the same.

It wasn't just the step up to the championship it was the fact we didn't play to his strengths. Very much a square peg in a round hole.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh I can see it now CMS:-

27 when signed
Prolific for 7 ish seasons.
Played exclusively in England
Signed by a egotistical manager.

Ken Zohore:-

None of the above.

As for money and 'record signing'.
When a team ends the previous year with promotion and a centre back as it's record signing, guess what, that record's gonna get broken.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oh I can see it now CMS:-

27 when signed
Prolific for 7 ish seasons.
Played exclusively in England
Signed by a egotistical manager.

Ken Zohore:-

None of the above.

As for money and 'record signing'.
Whemidfuielder or sgtriker it is still a rcord/n a team ends the previous year with promotion and a centre back as it's record signing, guess what, that record's gonna get broken.

Have you ever tried answering a post with something constructive or relevant. I dont think so.

The similarity is that CMS was a record signing and Zohore would be near to it again and it matters little whether the record is for a goalkeeper,midfielder or striker. As far as goals are concerned CMS did it over a few seasons so more reason to break the record than Zohore who has only done it for a relative short while but none the less he will be near to our record spend if we sign him.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Constructing on irrelevant bullshit is a bad, very bad, idea.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I suppose he could be, but then again he could be another Glen Murray.

Granted but it is a chance we take of him being able to play at a higher level than he is used to and could be an expensive mistake. I would prefer to look at a European import who has played in the top league of that country as per Gross, Propper, Ryan etc.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Granted but it is a chance we take of him being able to play at a higher level than he is used to and could be an expensive mistake. I would prefer to look at a European import who has played in the top league of that country as per Gross, Propper, Ryan etc.

I broadly agree here, but I'd question whether many of the sides in the Belgian and Dutch top leagues are a higher standard than much of the Championship.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Either way there's no guarantee that it'll work. For every CMS, there's a Vardy. For every Suarez, there's a Van Wolfswinkel. We had success with Ulloa but a flop with Elvis. It'll be an expensive mistake if we buy him from the UK or anywhere else.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

The only European leagues higher than us in the UEFA coefficients are Germany and Spain with Italy just behind us. Therefore buying from Belgium, Holland, Switzerland etc is just as risky as buying from the Championship which is on a level as those leagues now

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Either way there's no guarantee that it'll work. For every CMS, there's a Vardy. For every Suarez, there's a Van Wolfswinkel. We had success with Ulloa but a flop with Elvis. It'll be an expensive mistake if we buy him from the UK or anywhere else.

Hasnt it been shown that a transfer from elsewhere in Europe tends to be cheaper than a UK player.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here