Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England vs France quarter final

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
the women playing like men, defend and hit long balls to the strikers. About 30% possession.

Blimey its working:clap2:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I don't understand why they want to go the corner to run down the clock with more than 5 mins to play....

Slow, sloppy and pretty boring. I've tried to watch Women's football, but find it worse than national league south.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've still got an old video of this sort of orgy, everyone turns out to be a winner.

:lolol:

Makes a change from the plumber turning up just at the moment a bored housewife has moved on from gin & Valium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
:rave:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Could give a monkeys what some of the laddish 70s throwbacks say on here. It's 11 v 11
it's England. Well done ladies!

I think I can be pleased for them (I am, and hope they win it) and chuffed we've got in Hope Powell for our own team (I am) and pro the development of the women's game (again, I am) while acknowledging the reason for all three things is that no amount of C4 coverage can cover for the fact it's currently like watching a cross between Ryman League football and pinball.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I think I can be pleased for them (I am, and hope they win it) and chuffed we've got in Hope Powell for our own team (I am) and pro the development of the women's game (again, I am) while acknowledging the reason for all three things is that no amount of C4 coverage can cover for the fact it's currently like watching a cross between Ryman League football and pinball.

Standard is higher and rapidly moving in the right direction. Noticeably better year on year. I wonder if any of the ladies are fully professional now.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Can't say it's gripping to watch, but I did have it on anyway: great to see England go through. Cricket team are the current World Cup holders, the rugby team are the World Cup holders (for the next week at least): be great to see the footballers win something of significance too.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well done, great chance now with some of the big guns out

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Our women IMO.

Not a chance.

I help coach an u15's (u16 this year) boys team. They're ok but certainly nowhere near the best. They played Crawley Wasps girls team in the Sussex FA cup last year. Their website boasted they had never lost a game since forming. We were looking forwards to the game. Half time we were 12-0 up. We had to take our stronger players off so they didn't hurt them.

The strength and speed even at that age is worlds apart. Their coach, who works for the Albion, she said they were shell shocked.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset

'me,sexist? you've got the wrong bloke mate'

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

Honestly, who the **** cares - I'll stop and watch a game of Sunday league. This is competitive football and it's also another succesful England side. If only the overpaid and pampered ponces that wear the first eleven men's shirts could compete at the same level as the U20 men and women.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
I enjoyed that, no matter what the level I just enjoy watching football.

The women's game had come on in leaps and bounds and some people just need to accept they can play the game.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
At least England will be playing in front of a sell-out crowd against the Dutch.

They deserve as much from a decidedly low-key tournament in terms of attendance.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Not a chance.

I help coach an u15's (u16 this year) boys team. They're ok but certainly nowhere near the best. They played Crawley Wasps girls team in the Sussex FA cup last year. Their website boasted they had never lost a game since forming. We were looking forwards to the game. Half time we were 12-0 up. We had to take our stronger players off so they didn't hurt them.

The strength and speed even at that age is worlds apart. Their coach, who works for the Albion, she said they were shell shocked.

Crawley wasps girls lost several girls to the Albion academy and others who didn't agree with their coaches to switch to boys football. My girl's team - Mile Oak - were about the only side in Sussex that could give that U15 side a game. The full Crawly Wasps girls side would still have lost to a boys u15 side (the lads are just bigger and stronger) but it would not have been 12-0. They had a few very talented footballers irrespective of gender.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Honestly, who the **** cares - I'll stop and watch a game of Sunday league. This is competitive football and it's also another succesful England side. If only the overpaid and pampered ponces that wear the first eleven men's shirts could compete at the same level as the U20 men and women.

I agree with you, I'm the same I'll stop and watch any game however it's going to take along time to get the standard better.

It's getting better but until more girls partake in junior football the pool of players to draw from is limited. Girls who show average talent (compared to boys of the same age) are being given far more opportunities to progress than the boys to compensate. I'm not entirely sure this helps. What would is encouraging more to participate in the first place. I'm glad my club Sedlescombe is doing this.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here