Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
they're all at this policy revision today. no mention of Labour's £9bn carrot to get student vote?

so much for costed, the revenue changes wont come in for a year or two.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
and Green manifesto released. who knew? weighing in at only 26 pages or 8 pages for a summary version, certainly staying on message with the printing. no promise for BML2 unlike Labour though, bit of an oversight?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
they're all at this policy revision today. no mention of Labour's £9bn carrot to get student vote?

so much for costed, the revenue changes wont come in for a year or two.
Their Education spokesman was dreadful on Newsnight last night. May looks badly rattled though, thought she'd be a shoe in, but looks really uncomfortable when put under any pressure by a decent interviewer or when confronted by awkward members of the public. My confidence in her has plummeted.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Their Education spokesman was dreadful on Newsnight last night. May looks badly rattled though, thought she'd be a shoe in, but looks really uncomfortable when put under any pressure by a decent interviewer or when confronted by awkward members of the public. My confidence in her has plummeted.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

The politicians have suspended their bs until further notice, any chance you might consider ? all things being considered?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I think a lot of people (myself included) were not enamoured with Corbyn because he struggled to show leadership qualities and for a long time looked to be unelectable. What cannot be denied is that he believes in what he says, and if you dig beneath the surface he has strong, established positions on foreign and domestic policy. May has gone large on a head-to-head 'trust' approach to Brexit, but if you want a politician to set out their principles, stick to them and not shilly-shally according to the wind, then Corbyn looks a better bet than May.

May has gone 'all in' on her 'strong and stable' line but then, with the U turn on social care policy, totally shot herself in the foot. It was the Tories' to lose, and rather like the Albion and the Championship, they are in some danger of so doing.

PG

Also the election has finally meant the PLP has had to stop moaning and get on with the job of supporting their leader. It's incredible the difference even an illusion of togetherness can make (Page 1 in the modern Conservative party handbook.)

Will it be enough to eradicate enough of the damage created by 18 months of division? I doubt it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The politicians have suspended their bs until further notice, any chance you might consider ? all things being considered?

Politicians get a kicking generally but have stopped the bickering for a day ..... not NSC though :thumbsdown:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Au contraire, that is Project Fear in a nutshell. Exactly what Project Fear wanted people to believe to make them vote remain. Happily, it didn't succeed.

Whether it was project fear or not - EU nationals aren't coming here to work in the numbers they were prior to the vote, hence the exacerbation of staff shortages in the care sector, NHS and agriculture to name but 3, for the reasons I gave in my previous post and those you've selectively quoted above.

In light of what's happened overnight, lets leave it there.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Also the election has finally meant the PLP has had to stop moaning and get on with the job of supporting their leader.

at least two Labour candidates have vocally distanced themselves from Corbyn, chap in Barrow cant recall the other. really the moaning has only stopped because they are busy and in their constituencies. await stories of Labour candidates rejecting visits from the leadership. (that might apply to Conservatives too...)

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
at least two Labour candidates have vocally distanced themselves from Corbyn, chap in Barrow cant recall the other. really the moaning has only stopped because they are busy and in their constituencies. await stories of Labour candidates rejecting visits from the leadership. (that might apply to Conservatives too...)

Sure, I'm aware but that's far better than where we were a few months ago.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
The banks bankrupt themselves, we're the ones that bail them out remember.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

The winter of discontent, miners on strike, three day weeks at car plants, shortages of power, bail outs from the IMF, nothing to buy in the shops. Unions calling the shots and dictating policy for the 'few, not the many'. This wasn't down to the banks and happened beyond the recall of many young voters. Corbyn brings all this to the table and the future of this country would be pretty bleak and bankrupt under his tenureship.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It would be nice to think this tragedy might raise the tone of campaigning, even our press might think about the shit they print. I won't hold my breath.

Quite.

I find myself selfishly wondering how this will affect the out come of this election, and everything around it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Quite.

I find myself selfishly wondering how this will affect the out come of this election, and everything around it.

It will save May's arse, I'd expect. Will rattle some people (very understandably), and scared people will generally vote for the perceived safer pair of hands.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here