Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Kit for 16/17 Season

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
None of them are in the football league - that's my point.

Colchester, Bradford too I think, if not now, certainly in very recent years. As I said before, it's never been a FL or FA rule, it's just been dictated by kit manufacturers allowing for all worldwide markets to be covered by their designs.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Are you having a giraffe? I went on a strike of buying England shirts under the Umbro era until Nike became the manufacturer.

That's your opinion which is fine.

I'd say that in the last 5 years, Umbro have put out consistently better kits than Nike across the board. Nike will give teamwear to all but the biggest clubs. Umbro use better fabric to create bespoke designs and in my opinion they piss all over Nike. They seem to understand what designing a decent kit for the players and fans is all about, rather than slapping a logo on a £15 teamwear shirt just to maximise profit.

Umbro keeps it simple and classy more often than not. PSV, West Ham, Everton, Hull and Derby all have very good kits.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Are you having a giraffe? I went on a strike of buying England shirts under the Umbro era until Nike became the manufacturer.

why?

Umbro-England-2010-World-Cup-Kits.jpg

Beautiful kit

So, the time has come to fork out £50 smacker-roos for a new shirt. Personally since we changed to "AMERICAN EXPRESS" sponsor I haven't purchased a home shirt due to the fact I'm not a fan of the cheap looking giant rectangular sticker across the middle. I did however purchase the away and 3rd strip last season (3rd strip will be burnt as I believe it is a bad omen (Cardiff 4 - 1 Brighton). As the individual sponsor letters look smart.

I've seen two pictures circulating on-line, one of which echoes from the 80's choice of strip. Big fan of the British Caledonian, Phoenix Brewery and NOBO kits.

View attachment 75161View attachment 75162

Are these real or someone having fun on photoshop?

These would make me very happy, very happy indeed.

It's what we had when I first starting watching The Albion, granted it's not traditional but for a couple of seasons why not?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
That's your opinion which is fine.

I'd say that in the last 5 years, Umbro have put out consistently better kits than Nike across the board. Nike will give teamwear to all but the biggest clubs. Umbro use better fabric to create bespoke designs and in my opinion they piss all over Nike. They seem to understand what designing a decent kit for the players and fans is all about, rather than slapping a logo on a £15 teamwear shirt just to maximise profit.

Umbro keeps it simple and classy more often than not. PSV, West Ham, Everton, Hull and Derby all have very good kits.

I do apologise, my post sounded more severe than I had intended! I just personally have never liked Umbro.

I do agree about Nike though. I use to love them, but now I see how limited their templates are in comparison to Errea. I'll hold further comments until we feast our eyes on this season's! I do like Nike's Albion training gear though.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
How about a rerun of that 70s kit with the seagulls down the arms?

Gorgeous design.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Anyone know when the new kit will be announced? I've got some birthday money to spend and a new shirt would do nicely ... as long as it doesn't have that horrible sticker look for the sponsor again!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here