Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Ian Wright trying to sabotage us?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I like Ian Wright. He's enthusiastic and infectious, and is pretty astute in his analysis.

:moo:
Couldn’t pronounce Hemeds name or as I said earlier he thought Dunk couldn’t pass...I agree with your assessment re his enthusiasm and he is more interesting to listen to than most ..i’d argue that his opinion is just like most pundits ..changes with the weather..all imho

Did you listen to The Monday Night football club on radio five this week? Claridge was more up on it that Wrighty ..suddenly the media have started to favour the three promoted clubs

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
00001c092-Chantelle_Houghton.jpg

Yep, her too.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Jeez, we moan at pundits for slagging us off (Merson) and now we also moan at pundits for bigging us up. Not easily pleased are we?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I’ll say it quietly, but I quite like Ian Wright. Passionate about his beliefs and does talk a lot of sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Win a few games in the PL and most of the pundits start "hawking" your manager around...according to the experts, Marco Silva, Sean Dyche, David Wagner and Chris Hughton ALL should be wanted by crisis "bigger" clubs like Everton, Leicester, West Ham and Stoke (West Brom might be another soon).

I agree with the people advocating a "transfer window" for managers.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It seems to be a daily occurrence that Wright is bigging something up about us.

Even gave the supports a compliment when on MOTD the other week.

Shows he doesn't do grudges (*we blew him out before he got the Palarse gig). I like the bloke. Still a breath of fresh air long after he was the first breath of fresh air (i.e., the first and only black player, for a while, to properly celebrate his goals and act like he knew he fitted in - courage during the fag end of bad times when the nanderthal knobhead 'supporter' dictated mob opinion on the terraces).

edit *as noted by [MENTION=12947]Lincoln Imp[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Win a few games in the PL and most of the pundits start "hawking" your manager around...according to the experts, Marco Silva, Sean Dyche, David Wagner and Chris Hughton ALL should be wanted by crisis "bigger" clubs like Everton, Leicester, West Ham and Stoke (West Brom might be another soon).

If Poyet was still our manager he wouldn't have needed any help “hawking” himself :lolol:

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Nice to hear one of the established pundits saying nice things about our players and manager.

However to his question, why are Everton and Leicester not after Hughton? Simple - because they know he wouldn't be interested. Especially so in the case of Leicester, who have a couple of years' head start over BHA and the spending power that comes from having been in the Champions League, but in the longer term have no more potential - in fact, arguably they have a weaker infrastructure.

As others have said, pundits knew nothing about our team before this season and still have little appreciation of Hughton's unique position at the club, which is underpinned by considerable commitment from both his employers to him, and him to his employers.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Not least our Chris.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f...ce-Chris-Hughton-Frank-de-Boer-Premier-League

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
All these pundits are just starting to get to know our players. They haven’t got a clue about anything outside the premier league.

I've mentioned this before and it's very "look at me" but I live fairly near Ian Wright and he sometimes uses the same gym as me which is quite small so I've had a couple of conversations with him. I was introduced to him as a Brighton fan and i had a chat with him where I said Dunk would play for England and he literally had no idea who he was. Said at the time "you only truly find out about players when they have the pressure of playing at a big club". So any opinion he has now is based on our 9 games in the PL. Nice enough bloke though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I've mentioned this before and it's very "look at me" but I live fairly near Ian Wright and he sometimes uses the same gym as me which is quite small so I've had a couple of conversations with him. I was introduced to him as a Brighton fan and i had a chat with him where I said Dunk would play for England and he literally had no idea who he was. Said at the time "you only truly find out about players when they have the pressure of playing at a big club". So any opinion he has now is based on our 9 games in the PL. Nice enough bloke though.

Off topic but I once met Wayne Rooney when we won League One under Poyet and he didn't know what division we were in :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here