Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 250 quid to [jump the queue for*] the Seven Stars Sports bar.. [* = get in to]

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Heard it's going to be a fiver to get into the club shop next season :thumbsup:

Seriously though to the ones who are trying to justify the cost do you also wear the replica managers coat ???

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If me AND six of my friends are the only ONES to join I shall DEMAND it is called the Seven ARS Bar not Seven STARS Bar. Tristram will LOVE playing pool and [MENTION=29916]Kellie[/MENTION] can play with his BALLS seeing she lost HERS

if it was just you and your six mates joining how long before you would declare it elitist,form a picket line and suddenly start taking multiple sickies (but never on match days)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I cannot see this being a success in any way at all, neither financially or in terms of PR. I have used this bar in the past but only to meet friends with kids. I cannot see anyone forking out £750 just to get themselves and two sprogs to the front of the queue and then have to continue to pay for drinks as before, that is over thirty quid per game!

Own goal Mr Barber.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Your maths is shot. I will pay £1200 for my 1901 this year. £250 for lounge + season ticket is nowhere near £1000 saving. Not even close. Factor in over 90% renewal and that will be the premier league chasers gone. No cup games. No coffee. No premium seats. Few 1901 people bring kids which is a requirement.

There is zero justification for this charge.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Platinum membership is £1,600 a season so for half the price you can have all the perks and sit with your friends elsewhere around the ground.

Some supporters will be happy to pay this a feel they've hit a winner

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
its gone on my scale as mildly annoying
it was handy to take my old man to on a cold winters night especially as they let wheelchair users jump the queue as he simply found drinking in the concourse too frosty at the end of a long night
we wont bother with post match drinks when its bitter cold from now.on

now i understand my situation is a minority one and i dont want to blame barber for climate change but ffs how much more can you milk out of supporters?
i could understand it if they made it a members bar only(like they have) but £250......frack off the knob that thought this up

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
This is outrageous! I'm a regular user of this bar, get there 12.30 to 1 with my son, meet a few mates with their kids who sit in different parts of stadium, so it's a good place to meet. And most games we're in there afterwards watching a game and waiting for traffic to settle. Have to say staff in there aren't great at pouring a pint....anyway....

Really disappointed to see the club have done this. Why? Based on what they've said, it's only worth £40k and that's not much over the course of the season. Must be another reason....although it might be worth more because the actual announcement lacks clarity and detail. Not clear on per person or if you can still use if you don't pay.

if it is about money, it proves the clubs 'easyjet' commercial approach to fans. Someone is in there looking at every element of how they interact with fans and identifying how a extra charge can be added here and there. We've seen it with charges when booking and changing seats. Each time there is a pause in the game, they flash up an ad on the big screen trying to get you to spend money. Just disappointed they have to think about fleecing the fans for more money again and again. No doubt food and drink will go up next season and they'll charge to use the toilet......

They probably won't change this, as we've seen before they'll issue a statement saying they offer value in other areas, free wifi, travel subsidy etc. I hope the bar is boycotted and club realise their error in making this move.

I want them to explain why they have done this........

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Platinum membership is £1,600 a season so for half the price you can have all the perks and sit with your friends elsewhere around the ground.

Some supporters will be happy to pay this a feel they've hit a winner
But they will have renewed already - they can't just leave now they know about this. And I'm not sure there are many platinum members who took kids and have now not renewed. And have managed to get seats next to their mates. And are happy to pay a big premium for a bar that they will have to leave early enough to get to their area of the ground and get to their seat. And not be able to have a half time drink ready poured and/or free tea/coffee.

Other than it being an indoor bar with proper glasses, I really don't see how people who have chosen to leave 1901 will see it as a good thing. If they left 1901 as they didn't feel it was value for money then I can't imagine they would be able to swallow this fee as fair. If they left because they felt it was too corporate then I don't think you can get much more corporate than paying to sit in a bar. Maybe I have massively misjudged this but I really can't see it. I normally see the reasons for the club's decisions even if I don't like them but don't get this one at all.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I suspect there will be such a low uptake on this, that in practice there will be no difference.

This is £250 to jump the queue and guarantee entry. Otherwise as before.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I suspect there will be such a low uptake on this, that in practice there will be no difference.

This is £250 to jump the queue and guarantee entry. Otherwise as before.
Say you get 20 people sign up - the capacity has to drop by 20. Fine if they are all there but they don't go to a game and you have empty spaces you can't fill with non payers in case the payers do turn up. May well be negligible but you need to take lost revenue from people not in the bar against the £250s you are taking.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
But they will have renewed already - they can't just leave now they know about this. And I'm not sure there are many platinum members who took kids and have now not renewed. And have managed to get seats next to their mates. And are happy to pay a big premium for a bar that they will have to leave early enough to get to their area of the ground and get to their seat. And not be able to have a half time drink ready poured and/or free tea/coffee.

Other than it being an indoor bar with proper glasses, I really don't see how people who have chosen to leave 1901 will see it as a good thing. If they left 1901 as they didn't feel it was value for money then I can't imagine they would be able to swallow this fee as fair. If they left because they felt it was too corporate then I don't think you can get much more corporate than paying to sit in a bar. Maybe I have massively misjudged this but I really can't see it. I normally see the reasons for the club's decisions even if I don't like them but don't get this one at all.

There may also be a waiting list of supporters for a 1901 lounge which the club thought they could create a space for such supporters. Financial it makes sense as all of those who previously used this bar have alternative options in their respective concourses just without the seating.

I wouldn't be suprised if they closed Dicks bar and ushered those fans into a concourse.

As supporters we have got a plush new stadium with incredible facilities which hardly any other general supporters would have free access to at many other stadiums across the country

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
There may also be a waiting list of supporters for a 1901 lounge which the club thought they could create a space for such supporters. Financial it makes sense as all of those who previously used this bar have alternative options in their respective concourses just without the seating.

I wouldn't be suprised if they closed Dicks bar and ushered those fans into a concourse.

As supporters we have got a plush new stadium with incredible facilities which hardly any other general supporters would have free access to at many other stadiums across the country
We will see but the club's silence to the torrent of abuse they have received on their tweet suggests a rethink may be in process. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] specifically asked if it was per person and there has been no response I can see but there have been other tweets so they are active online.

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
It is a joke and I agree with the vast sentiment on this thread - I and my son normally use the Seven Stars and arrive at midday (travel up from Dorset and like to get there early), and often being amongst the first to arrive in the bar. I can not imagine that after paying £250 for each of us this is value for money i.e. ok guaranteed entry and programme but not being guaranteed a seat/table/drink/view of a screen.

It surely will not be available to those not willing to pay - can you imagine turning up late, getting your entry and programme and then having to stand wherever you can, amongst the normal mayhem thinking to yourself......umm that`s £500 well spent?

I am assuming there might be other more palatable, alternative options given this quote from the web news release - "Brighton & Hove Albion are set to make a number of upgrades to the Family Area in the East Stand at the Amex for the new 2016/17 season" - focus (or hope) on " a number of upgrades".

Seriously hope the club provide more clarity soon....but I am out of the running for this current enterprise!

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Seems a shame, it was a pleasure to take my son in there following the 4 hour car journey from Wales. We'll use the Swan now instead.

Nice one BHAFC.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I'm sure Mr Barber is a very nice chap but to me he just doesn't feel 'one of us'. I always get the feeling he sees us as customers.

I wouldn't dream of going to a fans forum these days yet when we were campaigning and at Withdean I never missed one. Yes we've got what we want and I love home match days now. But it's still the pub in town before and after games. This latest 'offer' is ludicrous.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I'm sure Mr Barber is a very nice chap but to me he just doesn't feel 'one of us'. I always get the feeling he sees us as customers.

I wouldn't dream of going to a fans forum these days yet when we were campaigning and at Withdean I never missed one. Yes we've got what we want and I love home match days now. But it's still the pub in town before and after games. This latest 'offer' is ludicrous.

He NEVER has been one of US, his job is the make as much cash as he can from us

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
So, for the sake of argument, they sell all 160 places. Getting that number of people into a bar is going to take quite some time, so even if you are stupid enough to pay it, if you're in, say, the West Upper, and you go straight there there's no way you won't queue for potentially ages.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
What you all moaning about..Sent my cheque £1500 ...that`s me the wife and four Kids.On top of the thousands for season tickets...Handy I`m a Zillionaire.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here