Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Old photo - anyone recognise?

mullet&perm

Apr 23, 2012
First-time poster, long-time lurker. Apologies!

My mum has found this old photo but has no idea where it's from. It looks local but there isn't much to go on. The big building in the centre is quite unique though so thought some of the wise, old sages of nsc might be able to help!

Any ideas?

image.jpeg

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It sort of looks like a view towards Rottingdean from Woodingdean, the last field possibly being Rottingdean's cricket ground. Sort of.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
It's the former Rottingdean Prep School which was damaged by fire in the early 1960s then demolished. a small estate called The Rotyngs was built in its place.

This view looks east, the field in the foreground to the left is I think Rottingdean Recreation Ground whlst the houses beyond are in Bazehill Road.

See http://regencysociety-jamesgray.com/volume32/source/jg_32_149.htm for the same building taken at a different angle.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
First-time poster, long-time lurker. Apologies!

My mum has found this old photo but has no idea where it's from. It looks local but there isn't much to go on. The big building in the centre is quite unique though so thought some of the wise, old sages of nsc might be able to help!

Any ideas?

View attachment 73520

Is that Mount Fugi in the distance:D

mullet&perm

Apr 23, 2012
[MENTION=61]Theatre of Trees[/MENTION] you're a genius! I really appreciate that mate, cheers!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
looks like Foredown hospital with its large water tower

maybe?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

mullet&perm

Apr 23, 2012
This one from Google settles it once and for all. It's from a similar angle and you can see the same houses in the background

Page-87-upper.jpg

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here