Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What did the ref say to Colunga as he left the pitch???

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Far from it I have always stated that Stockdale was a bad buy at £1m we would have done better IMHO to have given TK a new contract but its not my money being spent and to his credit he hasnt been at fault for any goals recently, he has settled in and improving just needs to sort out his distribution to players who are tightly marked. I am still backing Hypia with the proviso of bringing in an experienced No 2, although like most I dont really know Jones contribution but suspect that his appointment was finance orientated.

Even to the most die hard supporter it is obvious something is not working and needs changing even to the extent of in the post match interview on BBC SH says that the players are ignoring instructions and improvising. That is not acceptable.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Rest my case

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Once again, wrong. You would never be cautioned for taking a FK too quickly even if the referee had clearly shown to wait (which in this debatable in this instance).

see my last post

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Far from it I have always stated that Stockdale was a bad buy at £1m we would have done better IMHO to have given TK a new contract but its not my money being spent and to his credit he hasnt been at fault for any goals recently, he has settled in and improving just needs to sort out his distribution to players who are tightly marked. I am still backing Hypia with the proviso of bringing in an experienced No 2, although like most I dont really know Jones contribution but suspect that his appointment was finance orientated.

Even to the most die hard supporter it is obvious something is not working and needs changing even to the extent of in the post match interview on BBC SH says that the players are ignoring instructions and improvising. That is not acceptable.

So your defence is to say that you've been against one of our summer signings (which backs up why you constantly criticise him even when you're saying he could do nothing about the goals - see yesterday's thread). I take it all back, you know the most about football of anyone and are also an amazing supporter of your team. Well done.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
My impression was that he got booked for dissent after the referee pulled them back, not for taking the free-kick early.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have stated after recent games that he could have done nothing about the goals conceded. Many of the goals earlier in the season I felt he could and should have done better with. My only criticism of him at the moment is his throwing of the ball to players especially JFC in the middle of the park just outside of our area when he is tightly marked thus not giving him the opportunity to control the ball and move forward.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
[video]http://www.s4c.co.uk/sgorio/e_/2013/caton-yn-gandryll-a-cherdyn-coch-lunt/[/video]

Oh here's another example. Appears the ref's mentor needs to know the laws of the game!!![video]http://www.s4c.co.uk/sgorio/e_/2013/caton-yn-gandryll-a-cherdyn-coch-lunt/[/video]

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
My impression was that he got booked for dissent after the referee pulled them back, not for taking the free-kick early.

No he booked straight away

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
[video]http://www.s4c.co.uk/sgorio/e_/2013/caton-yn-gandryll-a-cherdyn-coch-lunt/[/video]

Oh here's another example. Appears the ref's mentor needs to know the laws of the game!!![video]http://www.s4c.co.uk/sgorio/e_/2013/caton-yn-gandryll-a-cherdyn-coch-lunt/[/video]

From last year, if you keep going you might find an example from this season.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
From last year, if you keep going you might find an example from this season.

You're f**king mad.

There was, yesterday

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Fabregas got booked for taking a F kick too early and Graham Poll wrote a piece about this explaining the first thing he does is to ask the players if they want to take it quickly and when they say no he then explains they HAV E to wait for his whistle.

Its all out there somewhere if you search

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I thought, despite a few cards, the referee allowed a lot more physicality in the game. A welcome throwback.

As regards Colunga, it's hard to make a judgement as no-one seems to be sure why he got the first yellow.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You're f**king mad.

There was, yesterday

Apparently it needs to be explicitly stated that I mean some proof that shows yesterday's decision was right, and not a mistake by the ref.

What are you on about. It hasn't changed. We used round balls two years ago. Still do I believe.

Two years ago Chris Kamara was ranting every other week about the latest handball penalty. This season he is regularly talking about how hard it is to get a penalty for handball because the advice to referees over what constitutes 'deliberate handling' with respect to penalties has changed.

Laws change, they are updated, tweaked, dropped, introduced, etc. The current laws of the game (http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/foo...7_06_2014_new--lawsofthegameweben_neutral.pdf) list these offences for 'unsporting behaviour'

Cautions for unsporting behaviour
There are different circumstances when a player must be cautioned for
unsporting behaviour, e.g. if a player:
• commits in a reckless manner one of the seven offences that incur a direct
free kick
• commits a foul for the tactical purpose of interfering with or breaking up a
promising attack
• holds an opponent for the tactical purpose of pulling the opponent away
from the ball or preventing the opponent from getting to the ball
• handles the ball to prevent an opponent gaining possession or developing
an attack (other than the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
• handles the ball in an attempt to score a goal (irrespective of whether or
not the attempt is successful).
• attempts to deceive the referee by feigning injury or pretending to have
been fouled (simulation)
• changes places with the goalkeeper during play or without the referee’s
permission
• acts in a manner which shows a lack of respect for the game
• plays the ball when he is walking off the fi eld of play after being granted
permission to leave the fi eld of play
• verbally distracts an opponent during play or at a restart
• makes unauthorised marks on the fi eld of play
• uses a deliberate trick while the ball is in play to pass the ball to his own
goalkeeper with his head, chest, knee, etc. in order to circumvent the Law,
irrespective of whether the goalkeeper touches the ball with his hands or
not. The offence is committed by the player in attempting to circumvent
both the letter and the spirit of Law 12 and play is restarted with an indirect
free kick
• uses a deliberate trick to pass the ball to his own goalkeeper to circumvent
the Law while he is taking a free kick (after the player is cautioned, the free
kick must be retaken)

There is nothing in the current laws of the game - the ones that yesterday's games were played under - that says taking a free kick quickly is a cautionable offence.

That previous referees have in years gone by does not mean yesterday's ref was right (or even that they were, we've seen goals given when the ball goes out for a goal kick, doesn't mean that's a legitimate way to score).

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I thought, despite a few cards, the referee allowed a lot more physicality in the game. A welcome throwback.

As regards Colunga, it's hard to make a judgement as no-one seems to be sure why he got the first yellow.

He took the freekick too quickly. Really is simple. The ref held his whistle in the air pointing at it over the heads of the players so the keeper could see it. He then started to get the Fulham players to retreat. Unsporting behaviour. The end.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You are quoting an out of date book as an accurate source?

Read the laws of the game from cover to cover, referee a decent standard of football and then maybe I would understand your point.

But no.

How do you know I don't.

Secondly I have shown evidence of it by posting videos. Fabergas was booked for it. I've witnessed it. Please be humble and admit you are wrong.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He took the freekick too quickly. Really is simple. The ref held his whistle in the air pointing at it over the heads of the players so the keeper could see it. He then started to get the Fulham players to retreat. Unsporting behaviour. The end.

The moment the free kick is taken too soon, The ref is stood right next to Colunga leaning in to him, he is not holding the whistle up (though granted he may have done that before leaning in to colunga) but he isn't busy with the Fulham players.

http://youtu.be/ZgIr_x3DwK8

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS

Haha no he didn't. He was talking to Colunga - telling him to wait, as he said to him - he kicked it.

The referee wa standing over the ball when he kicked it, not marching out 10 yards as you have said. Please don't fabricate things to help yourself out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here