Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What did the ref say to Colunga as he left the pitch???

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Where is this guideline that you refer to? Players are able to take quick free kicks from anywhere apart from a penalty. They only have to wait for a whistle if the ref has previously held the whistle up an pointed to indicating that play will restart on the whistle.

Which he did

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He wasn't cautioned for taking the free kick too quickly, , he was cautioned firstly for either Unsporting Behaviour (C1 AA) - adopting an aggressive attitude, or C2 - showing dissent by word or action (would be likely by what he said to the referee - and how quickly he brandished the yellow.

There is absolutely 0% a FL Referee cautioned a player for taking a free kick too quickly.
Wrong. Happens every time when the ref has indicated.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Once again a referee gives the advantage to the offending team and the net result is a goal scoring opportunity was lost. Who can blame Colunga for saying something to the ref?

I'm with u and that ref lost it ..mind u the assistants these days seem to do sod all apart from wave there flags in the air for offside
However as said before the refs performance is irrelevant to a game we should have won

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
No it doesn't. I've been at Referee for nearly 10 years, have friends in the FL and PL and none have ever cautioned a player for taking a FK too quickly alone.

This. It was because he would've said something to the referee. And from what I saw, I didn't see Simon Hooper even approach the Albion players and tell them to wait for the whistle, that's why they got frustrated.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm with u and that ref lost it ..mind u the assistants these days seem to do sod all apart from wave there flags in the air for offside
However as said before the refs performance is irrelevant to a game we should have won

Not sure we ever looked like we could win it, even when we took the lead. If Fulham had taken their chances as they carved us open, almost at will, they would have run out easier winners. We wer good for 10 mins, Fulham were the better team for the rest of the game imo.

We have been the for the taking in just about every game this season, the number of soft goals we concede is embarrassing but everyone concentrates on the worldies or lucky ones, which are few and far between.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Having been explicitly told to wait for his whistle surely to not adhere would be construed as ungentlemanly conduct, hence a yellow card

Firstly - whether he was explicitly told in itself is debatable.
Secondly - No, you would just take it again.
Thirdly - Ungentlemanly conduct isn't a thing anymore.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
You are wrong the ref clearly indicated for him to wait for the whistle so an obvious card You got the 70 mins wrong Colunga was good for 70 mins and a complete waste for the last 20 and should have been substituted,

What a surprise, the person who claims to know everything about football butts in. The referee clearly did lose it in the last 20 minutes but that's probably Stockdale's fault somehow knowing you. Or maybe just check on football rumours to see what they have to say.

I've rarely known someone who claims to know so much be so clueless about football (and not just this, on every thread).

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
That in itself is debatable, I was watching on the computer and as he raises the whistle to his mouth Colunga kicks it - there was plenty of replays to reaffirm this.

It's not clear - and even so, he was cautioned for the above reasons anyway (USB or dissent)

You are wrong.
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=lg7k-Y5vF8kC&pg=PT94&lpg=PT94&dq=CAUTION+FOR+TAKING+A+FREEKICK+TOO+QUICKLY&source=bl&ots=IpnN3CRFvU&sig=-RxprQezptj1hsAIiNzip4f0Wwo&hl=en&sa=X&ei=YCJ7VN-FGJDXaqnCgOAG&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=CAUTION%20FOR%20TAKING%20A%20FREEKICK%20TOO%20QUICKLY&f=false

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Firstly - whether he was explicitly told in itself is debatable.
Secondly - No, you would just take it again.
Thirdly - Ungentlemanly conduct isn't a thing anymore.

Unsporting behaviour then. Same thing.

Fabregas was booked for, players in the World Cup booked for it. Seen before watching Brighton.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What a surprise, the person who claims to know everything about football butts in. The referee clearly did lose it in the last 20 minutes but that's probably Stockdale's fault somehow knowing you. Or maybe just check on football rumours to see what they have to say.

I've rarely known someone who claims to know so much be so clueless about football (and not just this, on every thread).

The ref was right. Not something I see myself posting very often.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I have views like everybody else on football and everything expressed is my personal view. As regards knowing nothing about football granted it was 30 years ago but I obtained higher points on a coaching course than an Ex England international who went on to be a successful league manager and international manager.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I have views like everybody else on football and everything expressed is my personal view. As regards knowing nothing about football granted it was 30 years ago but I obtained higher points on a coaching course than an Ex England international who went on to be a successful league manager and international manager.

Yet more rubbish to try to show how much you know about the game. Same with the goalkeeper stuff. Your posts come across that you think your opinion is superior to everyone else when it's just another opinion. As you might notice, I find it extremely annoying.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
That is simple continue to be a sheep and follow the others do not have an opinion and ignore mine.

I would have ignored yours except you replied to me. As for being a sheep, I have opinions but don't put them forward in the way you do. Rightly or wrongly, I backed Hyypia for much longer than most people on here and stood up for Stockdale when many more people (including you) were unfairly criticising him. If anything, you're the sheep.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here