Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hmm. Ok then. Seems to have been playing okay to me. Maybe you should let the Scotland national team know as well - they obviously haven't noticed how crap he is now.

The ability to play for Scotland is hardly a yard stick to say Greer is still good enough.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I'm not greers greatest fan but on the deck he's as good as any centre half or better in this league. In the air he's probably the worst. We like to play football and he fits right in with that philosophy. Upson has been a model of consistency this season and for me has been player of the year so far. Nothing wrong with picking them both IMO. This is proven with the amount of goals we have conceded. Difficult to argue with IMO.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not sure I agree that Dunk was at fault for the Hull goal. He starts in a good position to deal with anything hit the air, then Sagbo runs across him to receive the whipped cross to feet. At this point he's shaped to shoot first time and Dunk has no real choice but to try and block this - if he didn't and Sagbo had shot first time and scored, he'd be blamed for not blocking it. Instead it's a great touch and finish that would have sold many defenders with much more experience

I agree, and the next time Sagbo took a shot, in injury time, Dunk got a great block in to send it over the bar.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Greers legs have gone. When it happens during a season teams always stick with the defender. They shouldn't.

This. It's more and more evident every game that passes. Dunk should be playing alongside Upson as much as possible.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Sorry but Greer is our John Terry, he looks good when he doesn't have to man-mark but gets caught out when the opposition pushes a man up on to him and exposes his lack of pace. Yesterday was one of those days, once Wigan got the 2 goal lead they went very quickly to a high pressing game and then we had a few scarey moments at the back as defenders tried to pass underpressure.IMHO if it all blows up in the next few games and we drop to far behind the top 6 then the best would be to give Dunk a run of games with Upson to see if he can improve and be ready for next season as we do lack real pace in the centre at the back.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Soon as they believe we are a top half side not a play-off side (this year is very tough league even compared to normal) then I think he'll be in. He should be the answer too eventually alongside an experienced head

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I actually like having dunk play alongside Upson as he can take the ball out of defence without having to bring a midfielder deeper to get the ball and bring it out then causing a big gap in the middle. Obviously slowly nurture him in but tomorrow I would like to see upson and dunk.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Be interesting to see tmorrow as he will probably play but I would give Upson a rest and try him alongside of Greer. Upson is 34 and 3 games in 7days is a lot.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Be interesting to see tmorrow as he will probably play but I would give Upson a rest and try him alongside of Greer. Upson is 34 and 3 games in 7days is a lot.

Agreed. Dunk will play I'd think, and Upson get a rest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here