Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Labour saying that Hunt has broken the law by not enforcing NHS standards.

Leadsom has been told that her air quality report is so bad it is illegal.

30 MPs under investigation for illegal use of funds.

Boris is Foreign Secretary.

And this is strong and stable Government?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
No "we" aren't. You might be. I find the whole of UKIP politically irrelevant now we've voted out but their current in-fighting, seat avoiding casual racism is beyond parody so I haven't bothered. I have justified why I might though - unlike just typing "Diane Abbot" and assuming everyone's going to LOL till the cows come home.

No one mentioned UKIP or racism. Lighten up.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The Government wanted to delay a plan to deal with an issue that causes 25,000 deaths a year because it might effect their election chances.

Just have a think about that for a minute.

D

Deleted member 22389

The Government wanted to delay a plan to deal with an issue that causes 25,000 deaths a year because it might effect their election chances.

Just have a think about that for a minute.

I have thought about it, but sorry I really don't believe anyone would act like that.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I have thought about it, but sorry I really don't believe anyone would act like that.

The government had said publishing the plan would have been like dropping a controversial bomb into the election campaign. James Eadie QC, representing the government, said it would be better to put the publication on hold until after the general election to avoid the controversy over how to tackle the air quality crisis being seen as a “Tory plan”.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not much news happening today then.

Each to their own but, IMO, Government minister's sister defects from Con to Lib Dem in an election campaign = news. Brain dead reality TV sleb from Essex seen drunk and flashing pink knickers in a nightclub at 3am = not news.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Equally uninteresting.

Strange that you seem to be of the opinion that people who don't think your idea of news is very important must instead be the sort of people who are interested in dumb drunk 'celebs' wearing (or not wearing) pink knickers.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
23,500 or 64 people a day.

I watched this live at the time and I think the quote by the professor 'some people have such a passion for the environment that they dont see it as a problem if they deceive the public' is about right for me.

We are kind of on the same side here, I think most people agree reducing pollution is a good thing but vague unsubstantiated figures of 40 000, 25 000 or your preferred model of 23 500 is misleading.

Its clear those within the Greens formula do not die directly as result of pollution, they might have died an undetermined earlier death due to some cause of it, but that isnt the same as 23 5000 deaths due to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFKWq75wqlc&t=214s

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Equally uninteresting.

Strange that you seem to be of the opinion that people who don't think your idea of news is very important must instead be the sort of people who are interested in dumb drunk 'celebs' wearing (or not wearing) pink knickers.

Strange that you seem to have given me an opinion I don't hold out of reading a one paragraph response on a message board. I was illustrating what I do and do not consider news, not what you do. But since you're here, John Humphries, maybe you could give us all the election stories you do consider newsworthy?

D

Deleted member 22389

The government had said publishing the plan would have been like dropping a controversial bomb into the election campaign. James Eadie QC, representing the government, said it would be better to put the publication on hold until after the general election to avoid the controversy over how to tackle the air quality crisis being seen as a “Tory plan”.

I can imagine Twitter is meltdown today, I'm staying away from it all. I would ask thou, how many people who hate the Tories, hate Brexit actually cared about this issue before they heard about it? It's another stick to bash the nasty party with today. Sooner this shit is over and done with the better.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It's pretty disgraceful how the tories always make it personal with JC, the moron general public always lap this shit up though

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here