Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many players live locally?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've seen it, if Fulking or Poynings. If not I probably haven't. Sounds about right though.

I was completely wrong. Someone told me a couple of years back that Muzza was having a new home built just north of Brighton in the countryside.

He did in fact move to one of the three new builds overlooking Withdean Stadium (east end), with new east. One of which is:
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-55494056.html

Not the great big white curved place nearest the stadium the stadium that took years to complete, but next door.

Last edited:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
KLL and Barnes used to be neighbours until Barnes left. I believe Greer used to live down near the bottom of Silverdale Avenue somewhere in Burgess Hill too, used to hi lm walking a dog on my way to the pub occasionally..

When I lived in woodingdean I think Jake Robinson used to live on Crescent Drive South.

Tommy Elphick lived in Treetops Close and CKR bought my bosses house when he sold in Catherine Vale not far from my folks house.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Peter Grummitt lived in Cissbury Crescent, far NE Saltdean, and another first team player in the Mulley era (forgotten their name) lived just round the corner in Bannings Vale. As kids, we went there to get autographs.

Many senior players of the Dean Wilkins and Steve Gatting mob lived around Glen Rise, Valley Drive and Woodland Drive.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
KLL and Barnes used to be neighbours until Barnes left. I believe Greer used to live down near the bottom of Silverdale Avenue somewhere in Burgess Hill too, used to hi lm walking a dog on my way to the pub occasionally..

When I lived in woodingdean I think Jake Robinson used to live on Crescent Drive South.

Tommy Elphick lived in Treetops Close and CKR bought my bosses house when he sold in Catherine Vale not far from my folks house.

Didn't Will Buckley live in a posher bit of Burgess Hill?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I've heard he did but have no idea where. Someone told me that Bobby Z lived in the first estate you get to when you drive to Burgess Hill from Hassocks at the roundabout during his first stint here. No idea if it's true or not though.

Didn't realise Stephens lived in Hassocks though. Never seen him.

Dunk and Baldock were in The Hassocks pub the Saturday afternoon after our first game of last season against Forest on the Friday night. Spent the afternoon in there playing pool and relaxing.

I was at home virtually opposite the pub literally dying of a hangover from the night before!

Not often you get two players in your local and miss them!

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Wardy used to live in North Portslade, either Hawthorn Way or North Lane (I forget). Went around his house in the summer of 1979 for his autograph.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The really weird thing re Murray's new place in Westdene is that an estate agent was quoted in the Argus about him buying it off plan about a year ago. It has only recently been finished and all us folk in Westdene are looking forward to the day you can drive down the road without there being a long line of lorries etc blocking the road. Hopefully not too long to go.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I've heard he did but have no idea where. Someone told me that Bobby Z lived in the first estate you get to when you drive to Burgess Hill from Hassocks at the roundabout during his first stint here. No idea if it's true or not though.

Yes Payton Drive, Watto did as well as did Matt Lawrence ex Palace & Millwall

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
:laugh::laugh:
My sons been telling me this for ages, never believed him but turns out he does. If you're near the pub he's not far from you either!

Depends which pub? I'm very close to the Hassocks but there's also the Greyhound and Thatched Cottage. Even though I've lived here near on 3 years I haven't really explored anywhere and only really know the high St, where the pubs are and the roads in/out!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The really weird thing re Murray's new place in Westdene is that an estate agent was quoted in the Argus about him buying it off plan about a year ago. It has only recently been finished and all us folk in Westdene are looking forward to the day you can drive down the road without there being a long line of lorries etc blocking the road. Hopefully not too long to go.

Murray's was finished a year ago. It's the two neighbouring houses (same builders?) that seem to be going on forever.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Mikey small used to live off Portland road I often saw him training down wish park he used to do press ups with his 2 kids on his back #beast

Mike Small used to live in Woodhouse Road, Hove
Wish Park was my turf
I knew someone who used to play snooker with him, I think Steve Penney joined them for the odd game too

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
:thumbsup:
:laugh::laugh:

Depends which pub? I'm very close to the Hassocks but there's also the Greyhound and Thatched Cottage. Even though I've lived here near on 3 years I haven't really explored anywhere and only really know the high St, where the pubs are and the roads in/out!

Messaged you

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
This thread is really weird

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here