Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some views from other forums

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Burnley don't like us.

http://www.uptheclarets.com/message...&t=15563&sid=6a8048728191c7a386e4390aa6cef75f

2017_04_18_224633.jpg
That's OK, I don't like them either.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
hi everyone. I have signed up to welcome you to the Premier League on behalf on MCFC and the Bluemoon forum. I am so looking forward to visiting your town and your stadium. the withdean didn't quite cut it for me, and we did get beat :)

well done and see you next year.

ps. if ever a manager deserved some success if Hughton. great fella.

Thank you, nice post

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Lots of nice comments on us (and Chris Hughton) on the BBC report (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39549523)

Well done Brighton. Best side in the league. From a very nervous NUFC fan

Chris Hughton has a fantastic Championship record, a real credit to his profession. Well done Brighton.

Well done Brighton. Hope the Toon can sort themselves out and join you.

Perhaps Chris Hughton will now get the credit he deserves; well done the Seagulls

Well done Brighton and Chris Hughton .... almost certainly going up as champions. I suspect that Brighton will ensure that Hughton stays next year unlike NUFC who fired him after he got them promoted to bring in a 'name' manager. He is a 'name' manager in his own right .... good luck in the premier league along with Huddersfield.

Good to see a solid team with solid foundations in the Premier League! Brighton instead of Sunderland any day of the week!

Well done Brighton from almost going out of the League two 20 years ago to Premiership means any team can do it

Well Done Brighton. 2 more wins & we should join you. Just for the record we love Hughton at the Toon it was Fat Ashley who did the do on him, not the fans

The way things are going well might actually have a Tyne Wear derby next season. Can't believe how much we've bottled it. But fair play Brighton. Yous have been great all season

Well done Brighton but more for Chris hughton a manager who is very underated I just hope we join you soon but we as usual are doing it the hard way

Well done Chris Hughton, I hope you go on to beat Newcastle to the title and get your own back on Ashley.

Congratulations Brighton. From the Goldstone Ground via The Withdean stadium it's been a long journey. They are, as far as I can see an asset to the Premier League

Congratulations to Brighton. More so Chris Hughton, a good manager who has always been humble and sincere.....as well as managing teams into the PL. A breath of fresh air !

As I Norwich City fan I'd like to congratulate Brighton and good luck for next season as well. It would have been nice if we joined you but that's another story.

Well done Brighton & Chris Hughton, a long-term project, on a comparative shoestring, that simply had to work this year. A couple of very good players in the squad that would have otherwise been picked off now have a chance of having a go at the PL together.

Well done to Brighton, a much deserved promotion and I'm sure champions to be over my team NUFC. Pleased for Chris Hughton in particular, he's a real class act IMO.

Very happy for the club, been knocking on the door a few years now and well deserve to get their shot at the big time again after a long break. As an Evertonian particularly glad to see Shane Duffy get another chance, he'll get a great welcome at Goodison, lovely lad.

From near oblivion to this, What a fantastic, fantastic story. Really shows that anyone really can make it to the big time.

That is an absolutely lovely selection of warm feelings. Thank you to you all

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

A quick browse of that link and it wasn't long before the thread descended into homophobic euphemisms, failed inuendos, hitler and jews.

Couldn't give a **** about them to be honest and it seems more like they are having a 'sulk' at the 'banter' of Burnley not being a very nice place to live. :shrug:

The misinformation they are spouting about us financially is also more ignorant (somehow) than alot of stuff i've seen on social media. Seems like a 1 in 10 ratio of informed fans to twats, which is actually better than i've encountered personally. A ratio worse than palace even, maybe they are trying to spark some kind of rivalry:facepalm:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Postby Sidney1st » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:45 pm
Very well run with £150 million of debts, a rented stadium and rented training facilities.

You keep telling yourself they're well run though.

They've been **** for a bit and come up again in a posh seated ground with no atmosphere and now look down their nose at everyone else, make no noise and still think that we cheated them out of promotion as joey Barton should have been sent off for a non existent stamp.

Jesus. Are Burnley fans REALLY this thick ?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Jesus. Are Burnley fans REALLY this thick ?

Yes.

Two Burnley fans walked into the Bell last time we played them.Really isn't the place to get gobby in. One left a tooth lighter

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Good quote from the Norwich forum...

"What Hughton has been able to achieve at Brighton is what he would achieved at Norwich if the board had the balls to keep him on, even if it meant relegation. Given time, he has been able to produce an effective team at the power level that he will be able to take up to the PL as a confident,* organised and successful unit.** That is why he will do well next season.**

And his success now has nothing to do with what he learned from being at Norwich. I suspect that all he learned from being at CR is that you can't rebuild a club that is already in the premier league. At Norwich he was on a hiding to nothing, players not really buying in to the rebuild and doing their own thing, fans not buying in to it and all in the pressure cooker of a premier league where every team from nine downwards was in danger of relegation.**

At Brighton he has proved he is a good manager - and as he had done at Newcastle and Birmingham - been unsuccessful in charge of organised effective and free scoring successful teams.* We would have done well to have kept him on. "

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Houghton's 1st season at Norwich did ok, 2nd season were still 5 points above relegation zone with only a few games left. They replaced him with someone with no 1t team managerial experience, lost remaining games and got relegated. Can hardly blame Houghton for their boards inept decision.
Living in Norfolk the main argument is the perceived negative football played and the fact he had more money to spend than Lambert but £26 million even back then was a small transfer budget compared to other teams and just had no one scoring.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Quite honestly he does have a point, your born or live where you do, trying to knock people for coming from less affluent areas is pretty crass, knock them for thuggish players and shite football instead.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Very much so and this is why the wealth of the country needs to be distributed throughout and to be honest Brighton really isn't a place of wealth from what I see as property prices are about 30%+ over inflated like most places outside London anyway....Way more poor than rich that's for sure!!!

One thing for sure is that people up north is far happier than in the south :)

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Good quote from the Norwich forum...

"What Hughton has been able to achieve at Brighton is what he would achieved at Norwich if the board had the balls to keep him on, even if it meant relegation. Given time, he has been able to produce an effective team at the power level that he will be able to take up to the PL as a confident,* organised and successful unit.** That is why he will do well next season.**

And his success now has nothing to do with what he learned from being at Norwich. I suspect that all he learned from being at CR is that you can't rebuild a club that is already in the premier league. At Norwich he was on a hiding to nothing, players not really buying in to the rebuild and doing their own thing, fans not buying in to it and all in the pressure cooker of a premier league where every team from nine downwards was in danger of relegation.**

At Brighton he has proved he is a good manager - and as he had done at Newcastle and Birmingham - been unsuccessful in charge of organised effective and free scoring successful teams.* We would have done well to have kept him on. "

Indeed. How refreshing to read informed, balanced views like that, whoever it may be about without bias. Some of the Burnley quotes really do make you wonder.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Indeed. How refreshing to read informed, balanced views like that, whoever it may be about without bias.

He's not popular though: his six-fingered compatriots are queuing up to give him a kicking.

He's making a very valid point, it's a lot easier to build a side in the Championship and sides that are built gradually are better. It's not a radical point - it was one made by Rafa Benitez a week or so ago when he said that Brighton had a headstart with a settled side and he'd had to rebuild - but it's clearly too subtle for most Norwich supporters.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Living in Norfolk the main argument is the perceived negative football played and the fact he had more money to spend than Lambert but £26 million even back then was a small transfer budget compared to other teams and just had no one scoring.

Signing Ricky van Wolfswinkel was what did for him, taking a punt on a striker with no Premier League experience. I would image he has learnt his lesson and won't make that mistake again.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here