[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
So on my limited understanding I believe we're seeing some highly anomalous conditions for this time of year. Scandinavian blocking and relative disorganisation with the polar vortex which may even split (it's far too early for this to dramatically impact our weather) and some model runs have hinted at a very below average temperature spell of weather at the turn of the month and into November. This coupled with a marked increase to Eurasian snow cover levels for the time of year makes me think we might be onto something this winter.

Any tentative thoughts [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] ?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So on my limited understanding I believe we're seeing some highly anomalous conditions for this time of year. Scandinavian blocking and relative disorganisation with the polar vortex which may even split (it's far too early for this to dramatically impact our weather) and some model runs have hinted at a very below average temperature spell of weather at the turn of the month and into November. This coupled with a marked increase to Eurasian snow cover levels for the time of year makes me think we might be onto something this winter.

Any tentative thoughts [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] ?

All good signs, but is it occurring too early? This setup as it is right now would be very cold in January

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
All good signs, but is it occurring too early? This setup as it is right now would be very cold in January
I said exactly this to my missus this morning.

I'm learning :wink:

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
STOP with your spell-casting around your snow cauldrons!!...... I don't like it.. and don't want it..... think sunshine!!

But just imagine - heavy overnight snow followed by a crisp cold day with brilliant sunshine over snowfields. Marvelous scenes.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Very frustrating. The perfect set up, 3 months later and tonight we would have had 4 inches of snow with cold north east wind and rain / hail and 8 c min. No doubt by November we will have our usual 4 months of constant SW's and cloud, rain and very mild again or like last December southerlies bringing 60 degree temperatures for 2 weeks

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Very frustrating. The perfect set up, 3 months later and tonight we would have had 4 inches of snow with cold north east wind and rain / hail and 8 c min. No doubt by November we will have our usual 4 months of constant SW's and cloud, rain and very mild again or like last December southerlies bringing 60 degree temperatures for 2 weeks
On the bright side, it keeps your heating bill down.

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
We're supposed to be in for a brutal winter over here. I can't wait.

My first Canadian winter saw 4 consecutive days with no power, coupled with -30c temperatures. It was actually strangely enjoyable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here