Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice People, Burton

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I didn't go yesterday, but went to the League Cup game in 2014. Would echo all said here, found people friendly, pubs and beer great and the ground a refreshingly intimate experience.

Remember they have already beaten Massive:lolol: and Direby:clap2: (which is the historic equivalent of Crawley beating us) so I think we were fortunate to catch them with so many players missing.

Very good luck to them.

PG

That's what the ground reminded me of - Crawley. :lol:

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
living close by have been to games at Burton on and off for last eight or nine years
making games all ticket this season has limited their crowds a bit this season I suspect
very friendly and well run club - felt very strange in away seats yesterday, as am normally in home terrace whenever go
when first went they were playing very good end to end passing game in top six of conference - when for twice the price could see dire League One offerings at Withdean
Clough is very good manager and will I suspect be there as long as he wants to be, lasted ten years the first time, he knows from Derby and Shef Utd experiences that a loyal chairman is main thing that counts these days!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Clough is quite philosophical about it. He said, not in a bitter way, that they can't compete with teams on our budget. He described our bench as 'scary'. I hope they stick around to cause other teams problems. They have some good players. We, to use that phrase, played them at the 'right time'.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Very impressed with Burton, town and Football Club. Everywhere was friendly and welcoming and wish I'd gone for the weekend instead of just for the football. Next year I'll take Mrs Eggmundo for a long weekend. She'll love the Brewery Museum.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
Clough is quite philosophical about it. He said, not in a bitter way, that they can't compete with teams on our budget. He described our bench as 'scary'. I hope they stick around to cause other teams problems. They have some good players. We, to use that phrase, played them at the 'right time'.

The Burton fan I spoke to after the game wasn't a Clough fan, called him a loud mouth and ignorant which I found strange given what we see and hear about him but I guess we don't hear from him every day.

His dad was certainly loud so maybe its in the blood

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Really enjoyed yesterday and was made to feel very welcome in all three pubs we visited. It did have that lower league feeling about it- Burton station is tiny for a start and not much going on in the centre. The stadium has been designed in a way that makes it look fairly full when it clearly isn't- 4700 odd there. In summary one of my favourite away trips. Oh- and we used virgin trains, Midland, Cross Country and Southern. No guesses which was the only one to be delayed and then running slow.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
The Burton fan I spoke to after the game wasn't a Clough fan, called him a loud mouth and ignorant which I found strange given what we see and hear about him but I guess we don't hear from him every day.

His dad was certainly loud so maybe its in the blood

He was a bit scathing about the lad who gave the penalty away. A bit too harsh in a public way. Hughton would never be so conspicuous in his criticism.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
I described it as very non-league as well felt more like a pre-season friendly got parked on the grass verge right outside the ground, name another league team let alone one in the second highest league in the country where you can do that!, was back to Lichfield to collect the wife before 5.30 normally still getting back to the car by that time.

I think they stifled us very well I don't think they set out to try and win it due to their lack of numbers and having a lot of first choice players out which is a shame as I think they could hage given us a decent game rather than the dull affair it was.

D

Deleted member 22389

No they stayed till the end and it was kind of cute.

They have done an amazing job to get to where they are but they will have to perform miracles to stay there. Sadly its all about finance these days and with crowds of less thatn 5000 they will struggle to be able to earn enough money to get the players they will need in the longer term.

I spoke to one of their fans on the way back to the station and he was very realistic about the situation and was just enjoying the moment.

Good luck to them

Your last paragraph, that sounded like us seven years ago. Sometimes I have to pinch myself and appreciate what we have now.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Leek Town played Burton Albion in a pre-season and Nigel was there,and i spoke to an Burton official may even been the secretary (?) and simply could not have been more helpful about ticket and travel advide was even standing with the Burton fans.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Enjoyed the f*ggots and peas. Nice change to the usual stadium grub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
My friend Dean is a Burton fan and he really enjoys his visits to Pirelli. I just have never felt much like going Withdean.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Nice fans, also
A superb comedy moment in the Derby Pub when a local asked a BHA fan ' do you still have a beach in Brighton?'
Erh yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
yeah a great day-friendly people and great beer in the micropub....interesting to hear the Peter Ward chants,and did wonder how many people remembered that we signed him from.......Burton Albion

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here