Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we still short of strikers?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
4 strikers all capable of doing a job.

If, like Sidwell, we find one who would improved up squad and be able to compete then we should bring them in. I'm not sure Murray is the answer.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No one out of Zamora, Baldock or Wilson is currently 100% fit. So yes, a striker is a good idea for the final few months. In all likelihood, we'll only have one striker fit enough to start against Hull - let's get some back up in.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I have posted this on another thread, you tell me, are we short of fire power!

Has anyone else noticed, in the last 3 games the scoring has been as such...

Hull - 2 goals
Boro - 2 goals
Burnley - 2 goals
BHA - 8 goals
Sheff Wed - 7 goals
Derby - 1 goal

And WE need a striker!

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
If we could get one striker to help us over the line then we should get him. Lots of games back to back. Question marks over all our forwards in terms of goals and/or fitness. The club won't get someone for the sake of it though which I like. Murray for me if we can although can see Howe and the FFP boys sliding down the table and wanting to keep all their players.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
We're scoring plenty, certainly similar to others, but conceding too many compared to the leading pack. We've been brilliant, but far too often we've conceded sloppy or soft goals and put ourselves under pressure. The "one goal win" stats reflect our defence more than our attack IMHO.

All that said, amazing season - and I thunk we'll do ok without another striker.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
We're scoring plenty, certainly similar to others, but conceding too many compared to the leading pack. We've been brilliant, but far too often we've conceded sloppy or soft goals and put ourselves under pressure. The "one goal win" stats reflect our defence more than our attack IMHO.

All that said, amazing season - and I thunk we'll do ok without another striker.

So it's not a striker we need, it's better defenders who don't make sloppy mistakes then?

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Not getting a lookin at Muff now could be something in it
Wasn't even on the bench yesterday. Wondering if his style doesn't fit in with Bournemouth's - he's good at finding space, headers at the far post etc, but I think Bournemouth play a quicker, passing game.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I have posted this on another thread, you tell me, are we short of fire power!

Has anyone else noticed, in the last 3 games the scoring has been as such...

Hull - 2 goals
Boro - 2 goals
Burnley - 2 goals
BHA - 8 goals
Sheff Wed - 7 goals
Derby - 1 goal

And WE need a striker!

We have been scoring goals which is great, BUT we haven't exactly been playing top-of-the-table teams.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Yes we are short, Bobby could be out at any moment, Wilson is carrying a knock and Baldock has returned from a long lay off.

Get GM in :)

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Yep. Ticks the boxes. Knows the clib, been promoted before, scores goals

Am I missing something here or are you ?
As Howe stated - he won't let Murray come here and as he's been named in their 25 man squad for the remainder of their season, by loaning him out, that would means they'd be short.
As far as I am concerned that's the end of the story

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
As Howe stated - he won't let Murray come here and as he's been named in their 25 man squad for the remainder of their season, by loaning him out, that would means they'd be short.

Being in the 25 man squad doesn't count for anything if he isn't going to play anyway. Players regularly get loaned out whilst being in the 25.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

They are allowed to supplement with U21s. Lojg odds, but not impossible

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here