Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MLS kicks off Friday

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Flipping between this game and the ice hockey at the minute – and the Rangers game is the more exciting. Still seems weird seeing footie played in a baseball stadium – but the NY Cosmos played in the old Yankee Stadium.Views from behind the two goals are probably OK, but a big gap between the sidelines and the first row of spectators. A bit like the away supporters being a long way from the pitch at Withdean I suppose.

Quite impressed that they’ve sold 15,000 season tickets but I’ll continue supporting Red Bulls as I’ve been watching them for the last 4 years.

Quite a few American Football team used to play in ball parks, there was also a few football games played at the Polo Grounds.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Great atmosphere at the Timbers match. And Asprilla is playing! I suspect its not THE Asprilla but will look out for the wheel chair

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Flipping between this game and the ice hockey at the minute – and the Rangers game is the more exciting. Still seems weird seeing footie played in a baseball stadium – but the NY Cosmos played in the old Yankee Stadium.Views from behind the two goals are probably OK, but a big gap between the sidelines and the first row of spectators. A bit like the away supporters being a long way from the pitch at Withdean I suppose.

Quite impressed that they’ve sold 15,000 season tickets but I’ll continue supporting Red Bulls as I’ve been watching them for the last 4 years.

Went to the NYCFC game (big wrench missing the Rangers but first game and all that).

The view is actually pretty good (best place are the bleachers which are exactly on the half way line) and the atmosphere was lively - particularly enjoyed the "f*ck New England" chants. And David Villa actually looked like he was bothered - unlike certain Red Bulls players from last season......

Still no better than League 1 though.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Went to the NYCFC game (big wrench missing the Rangers but first game and all that).

The view is actually pretty good (best place are the bleachers which are exactly on the half way line) and the atmosphere was lively - particularly enjoyed the "f*ck New England" chants. And David Villa actually looked like he was bothered - unlike certain Red Bulls players from last season......

Still no better than League 1 though.

Nice one LWS. Did you have a nice cold one watching the match? Ronaldo is on his way

Dec 15, 2014
Here

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
The Beckham/Miami thing isn't going too well.

He can't get planning permission to build a stadium and has been uncharacteristically quiet on it for a few months now. Hasn't stopped him popping over to LA though..

As someone who makes so much of his Britishness, I really wish he'd put a bit more effort into football in his home country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here