Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed to Reading?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
At least we now have 2 Germans to take the penalties if Ice Man Hemed moves on.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I can see this happening on deadline IF we have signed at least two quality strikers.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm sure we'd bring back Leo pretty quickly if Hemed left.

But we would still need TWO MORE strikers.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I'm in the happy for him to go camp on the basis that we get two strikers in. That said I think it would need to be more than £4 million. He scored 13 playing second fiddle to Murray. He could get 20 in the Championship playing game in game out.

I'd love to bring back Ulloa to replace him and then get in a second pacy fox in the box.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
He helped get us to the Prem so I'd like to see him get his shot at it.

His style of play, neat link up play, one touch flicks and one twos etc I think will be far more suited to the Prem than it was to the Championship, so i would expect him to maybe surprise afew people next season, assuming he stays and plays.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He could get 20 in the Championship playing game in game out.

He didn't in his first season with us, in a very strong team. I don't dislike Hemed, but I don't think he's anything more than alright. He's not especially big so he's average in the air, wins a few, loses a few. He's not quick at all, so he's not getting in behind. Technically he's alright, the odd fine touch mixed in with a shocker. His movement is reasonable but not notable and his finishing is patchy.

£4million would be a fantastic price for a Championship, on his best day, striker. He'd struggle to get to 5 goals in the Premier League, unless we get a lot of penalties.

I agree with the general consensus though, we need to add before we shred. Throughout Hughton's managerial career I'd argue he has a relatively poor pick when it comes to strikers. Obviously the Van Wolfswinkel debacle at Norwich being the standout. We're very light up front as it stands but £4million for Hemed would be a cracking price.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
41 posts in and no one has offered to drive him there, and it's only up the road.

That is confirmation that Reading have come in too low.

They need to find the magic number that would have NSCers reaching for their car keys and letting Tomer know he can hook his tunes up to the car stereo.

I'd imagine it's a combination of that and the fact that we can't guarantee a replacement if we sell first. If we had a new striker, or even looked close, I think you'd have more offers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just when I thought Albion fans were finally realising that they need to show a little bit more imagination than 'get a former player back' knuckle dragging madness, Ulloa's name starts to appear.

KEEP UP PEOPLE - THE CLUB HAS MOVED ON.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'd imagine it's a combination of that and the fact that we can't guarantee a replacement if we sell first. If we had a new striker, or even looked close, I think you'd have more offers.

Sounds like you're making sure you can get your car off the driveway. Just in case, like.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Just when I thought Albion fans were finally realising that they need to show a little bit more imagination than 'get a former player back' knuckle dragging madness, Ulloa's name starts to appear.

KEEP UP PEOPLE - THE CLUB HAS MOVED ON.

Indeed we have, and I was in the Murray must return camp... but that was the championship and I knew he would fire us out of it.

Leo as much as I love him is not the answer, no better than Murray, and in all honesty we need a step up not a step sideways at this level

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He didn't in his first season with us, in a very strong team.

He all but did. He got 17, despite limited chances in the first half of the season.

From the end of the January window (ie once Skalak and Knockaert had arrived) he scored 11 in 15 games.

And this past season, despite sitting on the bench for long spells, he was our BEST striker in terms of goals per minutes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He all but did. He got 17, despite limited chances in the first half of the season.

From the end of the January window (ie once Skalak and Knockaert had arrived) he scored 11 in 15 games.

And this past season, despite sitting on the bench for long spells, he was our BEST striker in terms of goals per minutes.
As well as filling the all of strikers duties with both Zamora and Baldock (surely not) out injured.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sounds like you're making sure you can get your car off the driveway. Just in case, like.

No problem today, the wife's car isn't around until tomorrow. Would need to check i've enough fuel... IF I wanted him gone. No way would I want to sell any of our forwards unless we have better players to replace them.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Limited chances? Do you have stats to back that up? I don't recall him being out of the team for any length of time, he was just not scoring goals. He had a long run before the fluke against Charlton where he wasn't scoring and he wasn't contributing anything of any kind.

He did have his hot streak, I do remember that and I really don't dislike him at all. I just don't think he's anything more than an average Championship striker. He'll work hard, put himself about and score penalties but I'm not sure I'd want to consider him as the main striker. He's an inferior version of Glenn Murray, there's nothing wrong with that but it does limit how effective he can be.

If we can get Leo in without spending too much money and flog Hemed for £4million, that would be excellent business.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I'm not sure quite why exactly, but I just have a gut feeling that Hemed could be surprisingly good in the Prem. As others have mentioned, players like Barnes and Vokes have fared well when few would have expected them to and I feel he could be in the same category

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
We need at least four strikers. If Hemed is sold then we need to buy two, if not three, new forwards as poor old Sam Baldock has such a poor injury record. The club clearly don't fancy Hemed in the Premier League as he's not been offered a new deal. If he wasn't a starter last season, barring injuries again, no way will he be in the first team next season. He may not even make the bench. Two months have now elapsed and there's still no sign of a new forward. It's becoming increasingly a matter of concern.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here