Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Illegal trader, shamelessly exploiting 5 year old girl, rightly fined by council

D

Deleted member 2719

Common sense would be enrolling your daughter long before she was 7 years old.

I don't get why you feel the need to be the clubs spokesperson all the time, are you on the payroll, or are you someone that does everything right and on schedule all of the time.
Have you got a seven year old daughter?
Because she was not ready to sit still for 45 mins until now, so enrolling her was not top of my priority and because i did not know of the Month before she turned 7 was in place i missed it.
Do you get it now.
Common sense could have been applied but it wasn't, i just find it incredible that some people at the club are so rigid, this is not a court of law it's a Community Club. I saw no Community spirit being given to a life long fan.

Easy 10 was sensible enough not to push this at me, he may not agree with me but he does have some understanding of my feelings on the subject, for that i respect him.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Let's put it another way.

Man decides he will try and make some money by setting up a street stall on the main route to a festival selling some homemade stuff. He doesn't have a license to trade but thinks he'll do it anyway. He takes along his 5-year old daughter as an aid to selling (much like street beggars use a dog to appeal more - or possibly as a way to earn brownie points with the missus, it doesn't really matter).

When the enforcement officers ask for his trading license, he hasn't got one. So he is given a ticket and subject to a fine as would have any other unlicensed traders cashing in on the festival traffic.

His daughter would not have been given the fine, far far too young. He then decides to contact a paper who subsequently sensationalise it claiming a 5-year old has been fined, and miraculously the fine goes away. RESULT.

Its a glass of lemonade for 50p mate.You're not making a lot of money. I'm very inclined to take this particular story at face value.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't get why you feel the need to be the clubs spokesperson all the time, are you on the payroll, or are you someone that does everything right and on schedule all of the time.
Because she was not ready to sit still for 45 mins until now, so enrolling her was not top of my priority and because i did not know of the Month before she turned 7 was in place i missed it.
Do you get it now.
Common sense could have been applied but it wasn't, i just find it incredible that some people at the club are so rigid, this is not a court of law it's a Community Club. I saw no Community spirit being given to a life long fan.

Easy 10 was sensible enough not to push this at me, he may not agree with me but he does have some understanding of my feelings on the subject, for that i respect him.

No, I'm retired, but I got the reaction I wanted. Thank you x

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Do you get it now.

Don't take her bait. She plays a character on here of the gran with the wagging finger. Rarely contributes anything original just goes around telling people off. She's annoying but ultimately harmless.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
and they have made that better by apologising and saying that their officers should have used common sense?

they clearly mucked up. They've admitted it.

Dunno. That's why I said 'maybe'........most likely for me for me is a couple of overzealous jobsworths failed to apply common sense, and their bosses have dealt with it as you say but interesting to read other potential scenarios.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't take her bait. She plays a character on here of the gran with the wagging finger. Rarely contributes anything original just goes around telling people off. She's annoying but ultimately harmless.

Got it in one, although I don't have to play the character of a gran, as I am one.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What a load of shit.

A young girl showing entrepreneurial spirit and the pissant bureaucracy look to revenue raise by breaking her spirit and ambition in one fell swoop.

Hope someone starts up a go fund me and she get's thousands.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
What a load of shit.

A young girl showing entrepreneurial spirit and the pissant bureaucracy look to revenue raise by breaking her spirit and ambition in one fell swoop.

Hope someone starts up a go fund me and she get's thousands.

Why don't you start one for her if it upsets you so much?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Personally can't see how anyone gives that much of a shit. Generation snowflake getting upset by being told off by an authority figure. We used to get chased by the parky for doing nothing more than laughing or making noise, clipped round the head for cycling on grass. She gets a tiny fine and she's all pissy about it "Daddy, I did a bad thing". Yes you did, pay your fine and stop being a little gaylord. She only has to sell 300 glasses of that lemonade to cover it.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
She gets a tiny fine and she's all pissy about it "Daddy, I did a bad thing". Yes you did, pay your fine and stop being a little gaylord. She only has to sell 300 glasses of that lemonade to cover it.

If she'd actually applied for the requisite license in the first place, she would only have needed to sell 150 glasses to cover that.

Lesson learned, I think.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
While I agree that this is over the top, it was not the girl that was fined but her father. The fixed penalty notice is clearly made out in his name

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Those in charge of us strike again what a surprise

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If she'd actually applied for the requisite license in the first place, she would only have needed to sell 150 glasses to cover that.

Lesson learned, I think.

Whilst I agree she should have most certainly applied for her license I think lesson is most certainly not learned. She cried, they let her off. What will that have done to her tiny, developing mind? Later in life she will go straight to the tits and tears routine whenever life gets hard.
And you know what, it'll work while for a while, maybe into her early fifties then her looks will go and she'll be on her own. Sitting on the end of a single bed, or w*nking raft as they're known, in her rented bedsit weeping into her bowl of Super Noodles wishing to God she had just bought that license 45 years ago.
A butterfly flaps its wings in Japan.......

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Whilst I agree she should have most certainly applied for her license I think lesson is most certainly not learned. She cried, they let her off. What will that have done to her tiny, developing mind? Later in life she will go straight to the tits and tears routine whenever life gets hard.
And you know what, it'll work while for a while, maybe into her early fifties then her looks will go and she'll be on her own. Sitting on the end of a single bed, or w*nking raft as they're known, in her rented bedsit weeping into her bowl of Super Noodles wishing to God she had just bought that license 45 years ago.
A butterfly flaps its wings in Japan.......
You started early [emoji481]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here