Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Is there a level of expectation that is bordering on the ridiculous? If there is I'm pretty sure I'm guilty of it. When I read that Kieran Gibbs is available I'm wondering why we've not signed him already, but as much as I don't want to acknowledge it, we are just Brighton, we're nothing special and certainly not in this league. Yes we have a nice stadium and great training facilities, but that's not exclusive to us. I'll admit to being slightly jealous that Huddersfield have spent circa £40m already, they haven't signed any world beaters (to my knowledge), but they've definitely upgraded two or three positions. At the moment the only upgrade to our squad is Groß, we do need four, five maybe six additions, and we know there is money to spend, but the reality is the players we sign will absolutely not be household names. I'm not really sure what the point of this post is.

I am normally quite relaxed with regard to signings, as our current recruitment team's record is pretty impressive. However, I did think we'd be a bit further down the line with recruitment at this moment given that pre-season has already restarted. Would think we would definitely need at least 2/3 additions to be competitive in our first 3 fixtures before the transfer window closes.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I am normally quite relaxed with regard to signings, as our current recruitment team's record is pretty impressive. However, I did think we'd be a bit further down the line with recruitment at this moment given that pre-season has already restarted. Would think we would definitely need at least 2/3 additions to be competitive in our first 3 fixtures before the transfer window closes.

Agree totally.
I am trying not to get anxious.
Thinking of banning myself temporarily from looking at NSC as I am starting to get obsessed about hoping for a breaking news thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

That's pretty much where I am. The club have done amazingly well the last two seasons on the transfer market and the current recruitment team have been brilliant, more than enough that we should trust them (and not moan like some are doing seemingly on a daily basis on here).

However, having said that, I would have hoped to have more than two signings in by mid July (especially as one of them is to replace a first team player) and really hope we do make at least 2 or 3 signings before the start of the season, even if we don't complete our squad until the end of August.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
He was getting a bit humpy with the lack of 1st team opportunities there. Maybe he's been given assurances he'll be a more regular starter then.

I'd like to have seen him back. Murrays pushing 34 now and has a lot of miles on the clock, Ulloa is 30. Fully agree we also need a pacey forward as well, but Ulloa + AN Other with that pace would see our striker options snorted IMO. He'd make hay with the service he'd get from Solly and Knocky.

Thought we were after Robbie Fowler looking at that comment!

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Agree totally.
I am trying not to get anxious.
Thinking of banning myself temporarily from looking at NSC as I am starting to get obsessed about hoping for a breaking news thread!

Agree with you. After reading the Argus report today told myself I wouldn't bother looking at NSC for a few days as the lack of transfer news is depressiing.
However, here I am again believing that there will be a big announcement when I open up the Big Board.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Am I the only one who wouldn't be? Don't get me wrong - I loved Leo and his time for us, but I don't see him as much of an upgrade, if at all, on Murray, and we have Hemed for that sort of role too.

For me, splashing the cash on a striker/attacking player has to be all about someone with pace to burn, able to get on the end of Murray's knock downs and general hold-up play.

All that aside, it sounds like Leicester want to keep him, and Betis are sniffing around too.

Precisely this. Leo was great for us, but really isn't what we need now. Put unfairly, we've got two immobile lumps, why would we need another when what we need is a speed merchant (or even two).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Precisely this. Leo was great for us, but really isn't what we need now. Put unfairly, we've got two immobile lumps, why would we need another when what we need is a speed merchant (or even two).

Personally, think he's an upgrade on both 'lumps', but only a little, and surely we wouldn't spend a substantial amount on 'more of the same'?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Personally, think he's an upgrade on both 'lumps', but only a little, and surely we wouldn't spend a substantial amount on 'more of the same'?

He's an upgrade on Hemed, but not by much. If it were the case that we sold Hemed and replaced him with Ulloa, that'd be a good move in my view. But this is just a sideshow because what we really need as a striker that knows how to find the net a la Ulloa and Murray, but is also extremely rapid (unlike those lumps) and, ideally, blessed with at least one of strength and power (e.g. Abraham) or outstanding movement (e.g. Javier Hernandez).

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
IMO ,The striker will be an unproven,unknown generally and a big risk...........and still cost north of our record fee.Big big gamble.....

I have a feeling the record fee will get blasted away at least twice in this window

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He's an upgrade on Hemed, but not by much. If it were the case that we sold Hemed and replaced him with Ulloa, that'd be a good move in my view. But this is just a sideshow because what we really need as a striker that knows how to find the net a la Ulloa and Murray, but is also extremely rapid (unlike those lumps) and, ideally, blessed with at least one of strength and power (e.g. Abraham) or outstanding movement (e.g. Javier Hernandez).

Sounds like Kodija

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here