Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Average attendances

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
That's an interesting table.

If you look at the away attendance averages, they are much closer.. And we would be relegated!

(Burton did well - people wanted to see a new team?)

That away table is very wrong, I've looked at it a few times before, not sure what they base it on. How can a team average 32,000?

We are probably about 7th in the average away attendances, even though we have the second highest distance to travel over a season. That's very good support.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
But our last 2 away games will push us further up the away table.

Is that our fan's away attendance? Or away fans that come to The Amex?

We are more like 7th. Certainly not behind BURTON ALBION. (No disrespect to them)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Is that our fan's away attendance? Or away fans that come to The Amex?

We are more like 7th. Certainly not behind BURTON ALBION. (No disrespect to them)

You're mis-reading the away table - it's the average gate when you're playing away, not the average away attendance. I'd say both are pretty meaningless anyway.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
You're mis-reading the away table - it's the average gate when you're playing away, not the average away attendance. I'd say both are pretty meaningless anyway.

Ahh, I get ya! Makes sense now. We are still pretty high up on the overall table.

I find away attendances quite interesting actually.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The various articles yesterday had Barber repeatedly quoting our maximum home capacity as 30,000 for next season which is a reduction from the current figure? ???

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Pre-Amex, the highest average attendance for Albion was achieved in 1977-78 when the figure was 25,264.

The following season, when promotion was achieved, it was actually lower at 22,074.

The first season in Division One (1979-80) averaged 24,795.

(Figures come from the BHACHS newsletter - it should be noted that the figures in this post relate to actual bodies through the turnstiles, whereas contemporary figures are for tickets sold).

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It's Midweek matches that bring it down - so many empty seats - so there'll be less of them next year due to less midweek matches unless we have a lot of MNF matches. Add to that everything else we'll hit 30 next year.
I'd suspect it's the same for most clubs and Brighton to be fair is not a place you want to travel too midweek if you live way outside Brighton :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here