Silly old bat

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Last edited:

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
SAFC will be relegated, but will we be relegated again next season?

Last edited:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Sunderland can go down so Moyes gets the sack. He deserves it after telling a female BBC reporter she should be careful next time she comes in, & she might get a slap.

That puts him on a par with Pardew, in my opinion.
This - I can't even work out what is was that infuriated him so that he was remarking 'in the heat of the moment' (Moyes' words). Deserves a little more than a simple apology imo.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It was a few weeks ago after they drew with Burnley.

[tweet]848847930647867392[/tweet]

What a Knobber. Sounds like the type of thing Trumpo would say, just because someone asks tough questions. She might have been laughing, but it's still not on.

Back to the OP and I'm interested in some details from the stattos – given that, say, Everton could still win the title and anyone from 8th in the Championship could still be relegated (as unlikely as that would be). What is the biggest movement there has been between positions with 7/8 games to go and final table? What are the best and worst runs a team has put together at the end of the season?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Moyes may have been foolish but he's lived a long time in Liverpool. Getting 'a slap' is a very common term that's mostly said light heartedly and as a joke and is used for both sexes.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Sunderland can go down so Moyes gets the sack. He deserves it after telling a female BBC reporter she should be careful next time she comes in, & she might get a slap.

That puts him on a par with Pardew, in my opinion.
Have you actually seen and heard the video? I just clicked the link, and it's clearly said in jest. Not sexist at all, and the same sort of thing that he might have said to a male journalist asking him tough questions.

I was expecting something like Pearson and his Ostrich attack on a young journalist, which was far worse.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Moyes may have been foolish but he's lived a long time in Liverpool. Getting 'a slap' is a very common term that's mostly said light heatedly and as a joke and is used for both sexes.

I have worked in Liverpool for the last 15 years but don't recall ever telling a woman that they would get a slap (other than my wife of course if she got ideas above her station).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I have worked in Liverpool for the last 15 years but don't recall ever telling a woman that they would get a slap (other than my wife of course if she got ideas above her station).
Well that's strange. I've heard it said loads to both men and woman and as far as I recollect, every time was said as a joke. Both sexes have said it. I lived there 14 years, perhaps I was with less classy scousers!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Have you actually seen and heard the video? I just clicked the link, and it's clearly said in jest. Not sexist at all, and the same sort of thing that he might have said to a male journalist asking him tough questions.

I was expecting something like Pearson and his Ostrich attack on a young journalist, which was far worse.

Yes, but I'm surprised you think it's ok, even in jest. I'm not offended because anyone accuses me of being a snowflake, but it isn't professional, even off camera.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Well that's strange. I've heard it said loads to both men and woman and as far as I recollect, every time was said as a joke. Both sexes have said it. I lived there 14 years, perhaps I was with less classy scousers!

Four years' residence myself, and also managed to refrain from threatening to hit any women (in jest, or otherwise).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Haha, you went more upmarket in the end!

Yes and no. St.Michaels 'hamlet' has some nice old houses, but its only a tiny, tiny area of basically two streets. The terraced roads off Aigburth Road are no different at all from those in Dingle one side, or Aigburth Vale on the other. Plenty of petty crime, plentiful drugs and associated types, and on one occasion, a gun. :shrug:

Loved every minute of it, mind. Except the gun.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
for some reason I hope Burton stay up. they have done well on their lack of large resources and people I have spoken to who have been there reckon it is a good day out (plus good ale)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here