Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Long term reader, first time contributor here. I'd like to call upon the wisdom of the Bell Cheesery collective to pass their judgement. I work in a relatively small office with approximately 15 or so employees who seemingly have ZERO domestic skills (I work in for an IT company, what did I expect eh?).

Milk cartons are left empty on the side in the kitchen, communal crockery is left dirty on people's desks for days, they love to play bin ****ing and stack it with shite as high as a student would be proud of to prevent the need to take it out. It is left to either myself or one other to do the jobs that are supposed to be communal 'do it when it needs it' jobs.

My issue lies with who exactly the Bell Cheese in this situation is. If I get annoyed and tell the person who stacked the last crisp packet on an already overflowing bin to take the damn thing out, does this make me the Bell Cheese of the office? If I denounce that the guy who finished the milk and left the empty out not to worry because the fairies will throw it out after him, am I just as bad as they are?

Am I in denial? Am I going to feature in this thread at a later date with a colleague complaining about me? Help me NSC.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Long term reader, first time contributor here. I'd like to call upon the wisdom of the Bell Cheesery collective to pass their judgement. I work in a relatively small office with approximately 15 or so employees who seemingly have ZERO domestic skills (I work in for an IT company, what did I expect eh?).

Milk cartons are left empty on the side in the kitchen, communal crockery is left dirty on people's desks for days, they love to play bin ****ing and stack it with shite as high as a student would be proud of to prevent the need to take it out. It is left to either myself or one other to do the jobs that are supposed to be communal 'do it when it needs it' jobs.

My issue lies with who exactly the Bell Cheese in this situation is. If I get annoyed and tell the person who stacked the last crisp packet on an already overflowing bin to take the damn thing out, does this make me the Bell Cheese of the office? If I denounce that the guy who finished the milk and left the empty out not to worry because the fairies will throw it out after him, am I just as bad as they are?

Am I in denial? Am I going to feature in this thread at a later date with a colleague complaining about me? Help me NSC.

You would only be the CHEESE here, if you start printing and LAMINATING notes and pinning them up all over the office.

Speak quietly to your boss, of whoever runs this mess of a place, and ask them to have a general word.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I definitely have it too. It's still THEIR fault though.

Indeed.

CRISPS has discovered almonds. Are they meant to be good for you, or something? She keeps them in her desk draw, in the noisiest packet known to mankind. She eats one at a time, throughout the day. Constantly. Almond 1 today was at 09.03am.

1. Draw slides open
2. Rustle of plastic as she seemingly searches around for a nut, in a bag of nuts.
3. Draw slams shut
4. Crunch, crunch, crunch.
5. 10 minute gap.
6. Draw slides open...

That my poor brain is wired to find plastic packets being rustled and food being crunched, massively annoying, does not mean for one minute that she is not a ****ing ****.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Was another threat of lunchbox genocide this week, earlier than the usual cycle cause we've got more staff and the kitchen is getting crowded. If it goes ahead I'm expecting even more whinging about "they should have known it was mine..."

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Indeed.

CRISPS has discovered almonds. Are they meant to be good for you, or something? She keeps them in her desk draw, in the noisiest packet known to mankind. She eats one at a time, throughout the day. Constantly. Almond 1 today was at 09.03am.

1. Draw slides open
2. Rustle of plastic as she seemingly searches around for a nut, in a bag of nuts.
3. Draw slams shut
5. 10 minute gap.
6. Draw slides open...

That my poor brain is wired to find plastic packets being rustled and food being crunched, massively annoying, does not mean for one minute that she is not a ****ing ****.

:laugh: 200+ a day, every day isn't good for her at all

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London

No you are living in the reality of Bell Cheese.com. People I work with think Costa coffee cups can be recycled, that you can leave the caps on top of bottles and still recycle them, and that dirty food wrappers can be recycled. The kitchen is disgusting at work, even though cleaners come in every morning, but the loos are worse (especially the ladies) and I think some people either live in pigsties or do it to wind others up. Sack the lot of them I say.:lol:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Indeed.

1. Draw slides open
3. Draw slams shut
5. 10 minute gap.
6. Draw slides open...

That sounds like noise pollution to me, but your use of "draw" instead of "drawer" winds me up equally - sorry!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That sounds like noise pollution to me, but your use of "draw" instead of "drawer" winds me up equally - sorry!

Christ. That is horrendous. I'm off to kill myself.

See what she's driven me to?

Sake

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Indeed.

1. Draw slides open
3. Draw slams shut
5. 10 minute gap.
6. Draw slides open...

Leave this article on her desk:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/468243-side-effects-of-eating-a-lot-of-almonds/

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Indeed.

1. Draw slides open
3. Draw slams shut
5. 10 minute gap.
6. Draw slides open...

Replace them with Bitter Almonds (Highly Poisonous)

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Think I'm going to need therapy after last week's episode of pure knob-buttery. Do you want to guess or shall I take a breath and say it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here