Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Barnsley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How many times is that this season when we have failed when a win was desperately needed, I think its about 8 so we do not deserve to make the playoffs if we cant raise out game when needed.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Not usually one for a knee jerk reaction but is anyone else getting a little worried about next year. If we start poorly I'm not sure Mr Garcia is the man for a lower half scrap...

Yes, very worried. The warning signs are there, lets just hope someone sees them and doesn't proceed down this dead end road.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
What's with the negativity? There are 6 games to go. We are 5 points off the play off places ....Soooo, if we hit a rich vein of form, it only takes for Reading, Forest, Ipswich, & Bournemouth all to slump - and we are there!

No, I don't think so either, but that's football . If you follow The Albion you get used to see 'em losing. You feel :sick: on the day but it is always :albion2:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
We need a new manager in now, so that he can see what he's got to work with and who he wants in\out before the new season as Gus (the ****) did. It's time to stop making excuses for Garcia.BOOOORING.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Will say one thing, under Gus, if a team had a man sent off, we'd absolutely demolish them.

It seems just as close with 10.

Playing with a one man advantage under Gus:

W70%
D24%
L5%

Playing with a one man advantage under Oscar

W33% (and those were both games we were already winning when we their player was sent off)
D50%
L17%

Playing with (at least) one of our own sent off under gus:

W 28.5%
D 28.5%
L 43%

Playing with (at least) one of our own sent off under Oscar:

W 0%
D 67%
L 33%

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I was being sarcastic....Garcia is out of his depth, the football is crap and we are going backwards very fast. The squad will be decimated in the summer and someone will have to rebuild the side...If that job falls to Garcia/Jones/Burke we could be in real trouble next season, if this one is anything to go by.....But if Tony Bloom can't see it, there's nothing we can do but hope....Hopefully Garcia only got a 2 year contract for this very situation, so the pay off is not to bad.

I have to agree to with all of this. Garcia is clueless and how he could even mention attacking football when he first came is laughable!

Last edited:

Seagull97

Jan 13, 2014
I have only just calmed down and now I can say with a clear head the clock is ticking for oscar he needs to change something soon or we will be in a relegation battle

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
What's with the negativity? There are 6 games to go. We are 5 points off the play off places ....Soooo, if we hit a rich vein of form, it only takes for Reading, Forest, Ipswich, & Bournemouth all to slump - and we are there!

No, I don't think so either, but that's football . If you follow The Albion you get used to see 'em losing. You feel :sick: on the day but it is always :albion2:

Have you actually seen us play this year! It is not the fact we are not going to make the playoffs its the tedious, boring defensive tactics that seem to be the only thing Garcia knows! Most will accept that we may not make the playoff but gives us something to be entertained by.

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Reading still have to play Leicester, Wigan, Burnley, Bournemouth and Boro - plus Donny away. There's still a glimmer but we'll have to hope Leicester will still be hung over on Tuesday night.

That's quite a tough run in, it must be said. If they lose on Tuesday, and we miraculously beat Leicester, we(& Bournemouth too) would only be 2 points adrift of 6th place. Dream on...💤

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Perhaps we will see an exodus and influx of players that will suit his system? Something clearly has to change.

Well with so many of our players out of contract at the end of the season I think you could be right, but that worries me even more, with our recent contract dealings and the players that Burke has brought into the club this season. Only Ward to me has done anything from this seasons signings. Next summers signings new or old will surely show if Burke is all he is made up to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here