Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Gallagher single in 15 years

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Was thinking about the potential Oasis reunion this morning.

As in: before the break-up, they'd turned shit live and hadn't recorded anything original or good in YEARS.

So not sure why anyone thinks a reformed Oasis would be any different. Crap nostalgia trip and nothing else.

As you were.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Ok, I also disagree with your comments on his voice. I think he's not sounded this good in years.He's done an absolute ton of media/press for his new albums and he's seemed really sharp and pretty funny in all of the bits I've seen him in. That one on Graham Norton he is sweating like an absolute pig looks to me as if he's just performed in a big coat with TV lights all over him.

I agree with you. No big fan of Oasis or The Gallaghers but Liam's recent media stuff has been great.

Some friends of mine supported Oasis in the UK back in 2002 and have nothing but good words about Liam. Soft as shit really by all accounts.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ok, I also disagree with your comments on his voice. I think he's not sounded this good in years.He's done an absolute ton of media/press for his new albums and he's seemed really sharp and pretty funny in all of the bits I've seen him in. That one on Graham Norton he is sweating like an absolute pig looks to me as if he's just performed in a big coat with TV lights all over him.

His voice is shot to pieces. Yes he was in a big coat, don't see how that would explain the sniffing, eye rolling, inability to sit still, pale palor, and eagerness to leave. Seemed like he was on summat to me, might be wrong. He's well past it.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's about time Noel pushed his boundaries a little. From Morning Glory onwards he's had a tendency to over produce and go for the conservative option. Some of his old demo's are ace and sound much better than the official versions. He's also often talked up his upcoming albums as being 'out there' yet when you get the finished product it's always pretty much the same, perhaps with a new instrument hidden somewhere in the mix.

Going on the clip osted and his album trailer on youtube it sounds like he's finally going for it. I'm not sure I'll like the end result but I definitely like the idea. He's got enough classics and mid tempo rock songs in his back catalogue to be going on with, lets have something new and different.

As for Liam, I'll almost certainly buy the album, it is after all a Liam Gallagher album and the world is a better place with him in it than without him, but I'll almost certainly think of it in the same way as I did every album bar Don't Believe the Truth since Morning Glory. That is, love it for the first week before I can no longer keep up the conviction that it's a return to form after which I'll accept it's fairly mediocre with one or two decent tunes and not listen to it too much thereafter.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I agree with you. No big fan of Oasis or The Gallaghers but Liam's recent media stuff has been great.

Some friends of mine supported Oasis in the UK back in 2002 and have nothing but good words about Liam. Soft as shit really by all accounts.

I didn't for one second think he was anything but soft. Clothing obsessed pretty boy who pays too much attention to his hair. I liked Oasis. Mainly because they represented the 90's for me, my favourite decade, my coming of age years. But he was, is and always will be a bit of a plum.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

As in: before the break-up, they'd turned shit live and hadn't recorded anything original or good in YEARS.

So not sure why anyone thinks a reformed Oasis would be any different. Crap nostalgia trip and nothing else.

As you were.
Precisely.

It would have been exciting and fitting to see them reunited briefly for that Old Trafford concert. But a permanent reunion with new material? It's a no from me. Their first two albums were absolutely seminal, but it really has been very much downhill ever since.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
His voice is shot to pieces. Yes he was in a big coat, don't see how that would explain the sniffing, eye rolling, inability to sit still, pale palor, and eagerness to leave. Seemed like he was on summat to me, might be wrong. He's well past it.

I saw that too, it was carcrash stuff. Chris Rock didn't know what the hell to make of him.
Loved it when he wiped all the sweat from his head for the umpteenth time right before shaking hands with Idris Elba, whoever that bird was, and Rock. Ugggh.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It seems weird that, these days, the two of them are so out of my consciousness that my first connection when seeing the thread title was this bloke:

GallagherWatermelonSmash01.jpg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I saw that too, it was carcrash stuff. Chris Rock didn't know what the hell to make of him.
Loved it when he wiped all the sweat from his head for the umpteenth time right before shaking hands with Idris Elba, whoever that bird was, and Rock. Ugggh.

The best part of the show when Liam sat next to Chris Rock, Rock finally shut up :lol:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It was brilliant. Especially the bit with the randoms in the chair. Well played LG.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
No really.

Clearly a rip off of Plastic Bertrand, a bit of Abba, and a lot of Ricky Martin (She Bangs) - its in fact simply glorious - a belter no less - and the best thing either of em have done since probably The Importance of Being Idle and that was 13 years ago, or the Hindu Times (15 years).

In fact i don't think i've liked anything as much, by them, since Be Hear Now.

here on spotify (there's no official version on Youtube yet. and all the rips keep getting taken down)
https://open.spotify.com/track/0FbZlKV9DtKX1MGNN4Czmc

I heard it on the radio today and thought it was excellent, the vocal reminds me of The Vaccines.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011

Sorry but this just isn’t true. Yes he did lose his voice in a big way but through coaching etc he’s pretty much got it back. He’ll never be the Liam of the 90’s voice wise but he can sing in a way that no one else can! His tour sold out in minutes, he ain’t perfect but people want to pay to watch him. £40 tickets are going for hundreds on re sale sites, I guess you either get him or you don’t. Will always be a legend in my book.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Liam has spent the last month doing publicity and as a result of that (and dare I say it, the bomb) everyone seems to have forgotten Beady Eye, the fact he's done nothing in years and that he's a massive tool. "What a knobhead".

As for Noel, didn't think much of the last album, will give this a go though.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Sorry but this just isn’t true. Yes he did lose his voice in a big way but through coaching etc he’s pretty much got it back. He’ll never be the Liam of the 90’s voice wise but he can sing in a way that no one else can! His tour sold out in minutes, he ain’t perfect but people want to pay to watch him. £40 tickets are going for hundreds on re sale sites, I guess you either get him or you don’t. Will always be a legend in my book.

Well the performance he gave at Manchester and the one he gave on GN were absolutely dire. His voice is weak and nasally. He also appeared off his mittens on GN. Bit sad for a 45 yr old. I'm sure he will continue to do very well though.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

As you were.

Wembley Arena 2009 was one of the worst gigs I've ever been to. The only highlight I can remember was seeing Virgo and Murray standing next to me. Liam's voice was painful and Noel couldn't have been more workmanlike if he'd had a hard hat on and downed tools for a fry-up halfway through.

Seen Noel headline a couple of festivals since and he couldn't have shown less interest or more disdain for the crowd. Wish I'd been to that Liam gig at Brixton a couple of months back, though. At least Beady Eye were funny live.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
No really.

Clearly a rip off of Plastic Bertrand, a bit of Abba, and a lot of Ricky Martin (She Bangs) - its in fact simply glorious - a belter no less - and the best thing either of em have done since probably The Importance of Being Idle and that was 13 years ago, or the Hindu Times (15 years).

In fact i don't think i've liked anything as much, by them, since Be Hear Now.

here on spotify (there's no official version on Youtube yet. and all the rips keep getting taken down)
https://open.spotify.com/track/0FbZlKV9DtKX1MGNN4Czmc

You're joking, right? I'm a massive Oasis fan but his new single is nowhere near as good as the ones off his last two albums, or Liam's for that matter.

I'm starting to think he's actually lost it.

Its 'Be Here Now' by the way. 😁

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
He apologised to GN and Idris Elba for being sketchy. For "sketchy" read "off my nut"....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.ma...-gallagher-graham-norton-sketchy-13693765.amp

He has Sjogren's syndrome. It effects your voice. Sure the years of booze and drugs didn't help, but he doesn't take drugs anymore. He's also said that in the later years of Oasis he shouted the vocals because his earplugs prevented him from hearing himself. I think his voice sounds very good on his latest album. He sings a few high pitch lines too, which was very unexpected and something he never did in Oasis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here