Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace Players, past or present, that you....like?

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Don Rogers when he destroyed Man U . Saw his final game for Swindon against us before his transfer to Palace . This was before our true rivalry . https://youtu.be/D3QRi_oQ9mU

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Aki Rihilahti ticked a lot of cult hero boxes.
Lot of respect for Geoff Thomas for his charity work

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Speroni. My Palace friend told me about the tremendous charity work he does.

I think the fact that when we played a testimonial against Dundee a couple of years ago they bought 3000 fans down for a mid week nothing game, speaks volumes about what a "good guy" he is.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Don Rogers when he destroyed Man U . Saw his final game for Swindon against us before his transfer to Palace . This was before our true rivalry . https://youtu.be/D3QRi_oQ9mU

Definitely agree, in his first season won goal of the season. I was at Swindon when he scored 2 fantastic goals against us. Along with Wardy and Robin Friday of Reading, my all time favourite players from tbe lower divisions.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm related in some distant way to Kenny Sansom.

However, have to admit that as a kid I really liked Vince Hilaire and that Palace kit. Then in 1978 my Uncle took me to the Albion and I was taught to not like Vince Hilaire or that stupid kit, and thankfully any fledgling interest that may have been there was snuffed out.

vh-iv72nzsa.jpg

That said, I don't really hate Palace. It's just business, not at all personal.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
The original Johnny "Budgie" Byrne - scored a hat-trick in the first professional game I ever saw - and the aforementioned Brighton resident, John Jackson.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
For his brilliant and brave fundraising work for Leukemia Research (my Mother died of Leukemia) I'm saying Geoff Thomas.

(That said, the miss against France at Wembley still tickles me :lolol:)

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
The one I always remember purely because I had one of him on those football cards kids used to collect in the 70s was Alan Burchinall.

U2P13295.jpg

Come to think of it I believe I also had Steve Kember

cry_138_steve_kember.JPG

And Alan Whittle too I think

images.jpg

Last edited:

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Anyone who is or has been employed by them, and then never had anything to do with us = W4nkers

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Vince Hilaire because he’s in a Beloved song. Sash kit is great. Criminal they’ve dropped it. Nookie bear - what a c*nt

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Atillio Lombardo, always thought he was too good them.
Alternatively Muzza.
Nearly all Italians are cool but Palace managed to sign a bald headed overrated one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here