Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please stop knocking the club I love

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Loyalty points, signing a striker, ticket allocation, replica shirt design, the club shop, quality of 1901 food.... you name it there are one or two individuals (and more) taking every opportunity to have a pop at the club, the latest is data protection!

Back off and get behind the club - warts and all - or go back to the withdean days or support someone else.

Discuss.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Data protection is a law every business has a responsibility to comply with.

Most things are healthy debates especially about away tickets such a shame we never had these debates when we played Blackpool or Oldham

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Data protection is a law every business has a responsibility to comply with.

Most things are healthy debates especially about away tickets such a shame we never had these debates when we played Blackpool or Oldham

With respect, you'll find there's a lot of people on here, who like to have a mass debate about knocking the club!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've got no known issues with the club and data protection. I have in the past, such as when I logged onto my daughter's ticketing account and saw a massive list of other kids' names. But not now.

I have suggested that AFC Bournemouth should perhaps not be sharing data with third parties, including the Albion, that allows those third parties to identify individuals and what those individuals have or have not done.

We all love the Albion. It's a massive part of all of our lives.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Data protection is a pretty big thing. There are laws about it and everything.

you don't say! GDPR compliance is compulsory from May 18, the Albion included. If people have a genuine concern they should take it up with the Data Controller, and then the Information Commissioner.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
Loyalty points, signing a striker, ticket allocation, replica shirt design, the club shop, quality of 1901 food.... you name it there are one or two individuals (and more) taking every opportunity to have a pop at the club, the latest is data protection!

Back off and get behind the club - warts and all - or go back to the withdean days or support someone else.

Discuss.

If you're going back to the Withdean it will be AFC Varnedians

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Data protection is a pretty big thing. There are laws about it and everything.

Yes there are, and it's the same about human rights. Both are regularly used to refuse to do something that would otherwise cause embarrassment to the holder of the information.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
The OP is being a little precious, there is nothing wrong with a healthy cynicism, and the usual naysayers on here who have nothing positive to say about anything are easily ignored.
If we, as supporters, had blindly followed what the club were doing 25 years ago then we wouldn't have a team to moan about - lack of strikers, shirt sleeves, queues at half time, all of the above.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
I've got no known issues with the club and data protection. I have in the past, such as when I logged onto my daughter's ticketing account and saw a massive list of other kids' names. But not now.

I have suggested that AFC Bournemouth should perhaps not be sharing data with third parties, including the Albion, that allows those third parties to identify individuals and what those individuals have or have not done.

We all love the Albion. It's a massive part of all of our lives.

I believe I posted this when it was suggested you apply for ticket details from our club....obviously it was lost in translation

How does the Data protection act work for you requesting data from our turnstiles.

Might be worth checking with the ICO before going on this witch hunt.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...iscussion-with-the-club&p=8131372#post8131372

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Well it should be good and I’ll hand it to the club, you can sit comftably but if they sold Pringles and Popcorn they’d be £4 and £6 respectively, the queue would be too long and they’d sell out by ten past three..... Bring back Archer and Bolony I say

The kiosks at the Amex do actually sell Pringles, or they did last season, the youngest has got me to buy him some a few times.
I saw a photo on Twitter of someone eating popcorn at a stadium, can't remember if it was West Ham or Wembley. Plenty of comments taking the piss followed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Going to be honest here, if I have reason to moan, complain or criticise the club I will not hesitate to do so.

Damn right.

We are the club. Staff, players and even the ground itself all come and go. We are the one constant throughout. It is up to us to ensure those who are temporarily given the privilege of representing the club do so in appropriate way. If we didn't do that, there wouldn't be an Albion for us, and our children, to enjoy today.

Damn right.

We are the club. Staff, players and even the ground itself all come and go. We are the one constant throughout. It is up to us to ensure those who are temporarily given the privilege of representing the club do so in appropriate way. If we didn't do that, there wouldn't be an Albion for us, and our children, to enjoy today.

Put much more eloquently than me, but yes this is what I was alluding to.

D

Deleted member 2719

If the club look after me, I will look after the club.

That's how it works, doesn't it???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here