Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Glenn injured?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Blimey Icy. Make your mind up. A minute ago you said the club don't give injury updates, now you're disputing what has been said in them. The very updates you deny all knowledge of. :)

Vague updates are like no updates..why didn't the club let us know that he was out for months after his operation? Presumably they knew what the operation was and how long the recovery period is at the time of the op.

Please don't tell me it was because other teams need to be kept in the dark.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep we've been very lucky indeed but the luck predictably has run out and the club should have addressed this a very long time ago.

Yes, and now look at us, languishing in the third tier of English football owing to year after year of lack of goals.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Vague updates are like no updates..why didn't the club let us know that he was out for months after his operation? Presumably they knew what the operation was and how long the recovery period is at the time of the op.

Yes. If things went as they'd hoped which presumably they haven't. So they didn't know.

Or if you'd prefer because they're stringing us all along for some nefarious reasons I can't quite fathom.

I guess the former is more likely.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You must prepare to compete and looking at our history has nothing to do with getting the right players in for this season.

If "the club should have addressed this a very long time ago" has nothing to do with history, presumably you mean the end of May. But if so, in what way have we been "very lucky indeed" since the end of May? No, sorry, you post makes no sense to me. I look forward to see how you explain it without invoking events a very long time ago, i.e., way before May 2017.

I think you're conflating two things; our present striker shortage and our recruitment under Hyppia. Unfortunatly these two things are no more related than non-EU migrantion numbers, and 'taking control of our borders' by Brexitting.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
What a complete, utter, unadulterated mess.

1 fit striker who we were trying to sell last week.
I may be wrong but I thought that only NSC was trying to sell Hemed not the club. Just because rumours were in the papers doesn't mean the club were trying to get rid.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
They didn't. Someone rang up who said they'd heard that. (A tweet ?, a post on here ?)
Hughton in his interview said he hadn't recovered in time for yesterday but wasn't asked and didn't say anything about when he'd be back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Erm, yes they did actually. Johnny Cantor was talking about it, not reading tweets, he spoke about Murray first and then he mentioned Baldock, he said the last time he'd spoken to Hughton was on Monday and he'd said Baldock was a month from returning to training.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
They didn't. Someone rang up who said they'd heard that. (A tweet ?, a post on here ?)
Hughton in his interview said he hadn't recovered in time for yesterday but wasn't asked and didn't say anything about when he'd be back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Despite the fact that JC said they would ask in the interview..they didn't ....the six week bit came from a fan at the ground :moo:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Erm, yes they did actually. Johnny Cantor was talking about it, not reading tweets, he spoke about Murray first and then he mentioned Baldock, he said the last time he'd spoken to Hughton was on Monday and he'd said Baldock was a month from returning to training.

Jc said he hadn't heard from the club re Murray

theboybilly

I hope so, god loves a trier even if NSC doesn't.

Indeed. Some seem to have forgot how Tomer got us out of a hole last season when Murray was injured/suspended and Baldock was out. He might be slow and he might have poor first touch at times but we have a lot to be thankful for that he is here. Tomer gave it a right good go yesterday yet you would think he was Leon Best Mk2 at times

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Yes. He did about Baldock . Agreed. but I think OP was referring to our other injured striker - Glenn .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Indeed. Some seem to have forgot how Tomer got us out of a hole last season when Murray was injured/suspended and Baldock was out. He might be slow and he might have poor first touch at times but we have a lot to be thankful for that he is here. Tomer gave it a right good go yesterday yet you would think he was Leon Best Mk2 at times
I don't think anyone defending Tomer against the 'I'll drive him...' brigade are saying he's the answer.

Far from it, everybody knows his limitations, he can be easily upgraded but that upgrade comes at a price and that money needs to be spent elsewhere.

In the meantime he's a proper grafter, battling 2 centre backs winning the ball both times to help set up AK's first chance, before hitting the post himself.

He needs everything in his favour to play well, (another limitation) we currently don't have the squad for that and yet Tomer will always battle for the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here