Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rick Parfitt RIP

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
RIP Mr Parfitt, not particularly one of my fave musicians, but what a life to have lived! Let's hope the grim reaper has had his celebrity fill of 2016 now.

Thankfully I spotted that predictive spelling had changed the above to Mr Parrott before I hit the post button!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Don't think they actually wrote it ? Yet what a belter.

John Fogerty of Creedence Clearwater Revival wrote & originally performed it, think the best cover version was done by Bruce Springsteen.

And RIP Mr Parfitt of course, unlike a previous poster I don't consider 68 to be a Good Innings, even considering some of the stuff I'm sure he got up to in the past...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Gutted, knew he had heart problems though.

Saw the Quo loads of times at the Brighton Centre and London. Ricks guitar opening of Caroline at Brighton Centre 78 or 79 will always live in the memory R.I.P

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
John Fogerty of Creedence Clearwater Revival wrote & originally performed it, think the best cover version was done by Bruce Springsteen.

And RIP Mr Parfitt of course, unlike a previous poster I don't consider 68 to be a Good Innings, even considering some of the stuff I'm sure he got up to in the past...
But he did cram a lot in in those 68 years.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Saw them in the very early days (Friday night hall of residence hop at Liverpool Uni., with Chris Farlowe and The Herd (Peter Frampton)). Happy days! Now a sad day. RIP.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
First saw Rick and Quo at the Brighton Centre in Dec 1977. Today is a sad day.

I saw them (via climbing in through the toilet window) at the Pier Pavilion in Worthing around 1972. The location reflects that the Quo were not in their pomp at his time. To be honest I was never a great fan of their music but they knew what they were and were - or gave a pretty good impression of being - very unpretentious at a time when others were most definitely not!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
never saw them :(
now I never will :nono:

sad end? to a sad year

RIP Rick :whisky:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
never saw them :(
now I never will :nono:

sad end? to a sad year

RIP Rick :whisky:

They still tour with a new guitarist. They played the Brighton Centre a couple of weeks ago. Someone there told me he was ill but I didn't realise he was that poorly. Very sad, especially this time of year.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
No what terrable news has been very ill for a while but what a terrable time for it to happen RIP what a truly awful year 2016 has been for so many reasons, will be good to see the back of it.

Can only hope 2017 is an improvement

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Seen the Quo 4 or 5 times over the years, maybe not the most musically gifted but they knew how to work an audience and you always had a good night. I would defy anyone to just sit there when they play... you just HAVE to boogie !

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He lived a life that's for sure.

He certainly did, and has been sailing close to the wind for some considerable time now. Still comes as a shock to hear the news though.

Plenty of people knocked what he, and Quo did, their style of music etc. but tens of thousands of fans around the world loved them. They can't all be wrong.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Saw them at the Dome in the early 70's I think it was, my ears are still ringing from that one. RIP Mr. Parfitt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here