Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swearing at other fans

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Absolute shambles in the middle on the north in front of the screen on Saturday. That bloke "The Judge" decided to appear and start abusing fellow fans for not joining in.

Is it really necessary, especially in front of a number of kids?
why doesnt someone just tell him to f*ck off ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In terms of children being subjected to bad language, as a parent if you feel that strongly, surely you would sit away from the singing section?

There's a WORLD of difference between swearing AROUND kids, and swearing AT kids, obviously.

My kids hear such language at every game - that's life. If some self-proclaimed superfan starts shouting at kids, and telling them they are '****ing pricks' or whatever for not joining in his songs, then that's something else entirely, and isn't something anyone should be expected to tolerate. If this guy has done that, he should be out on his ear - no question. His motives may be in the right place, but that's just not acceptable behaviour, however you want totry to justify it.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
There was definitely a mad Chelsea shed girl - no idea if her name was Babs - she and a mini crew chased me and my mate all the way to Hove station after an evening fixture v Chelsea back in the mid seventies ....
No mate , babs is a bloke , black, only had one arm .

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
If some self-proclaimed superfan starts shouting at kids, and telling them they are '****ing pricks' or whatever for not joining in his songs, then that's something else entirely, and isn't something anyone should be expected to tolerate. If this guy has done that, he should be out on his ear - no question. His motives may be in the right place, but that's just not acceptable behaviour, however you want totry to justify it.

This, but replace KIDS with FANS. I'll sing when I want to sing, joining in the songs/chants I want to join. Glad there isn't some self-appointed CJTC in our area telling me how to be a "proper" fan.

I think the appropriate response should have been...
"We'll sing when we want, we'll sing when we want, f*ck off you w*nker, we'll sing when we want!"

As an aside... If there is anyone on this thread that has kids and wants a "Singing Section" but doesn't want to be in the "Swearing Section" then move to the SWC. Language can get a little over the top at times, we're not all nuns, but it is a reasonable compromise between life in the North Stand and in the Library.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...As an aside... If there is anyone on this thread that has kids and wants a "Singing Section" but doesn't want to be in the "Swearing Section" then move to the SWC. Language can get a little over the top at times, we're not all nuns, but it is a reasonable compromise between life in the North Stand and in the Library.

From WSU your flags look great :thumbsup:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So the behaviour of the stand should be dictated by who paid the most for their tickets!? Now that is just as disgusting as swearing in front of/to kids.

:lol: At least I think :lol:

If not :lol: then I am sure something else will be along to offend you very soon.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I think there are two different points being argued here. If you don't like swearing then don't sit in the North, it's very simple, you just chose from 90% of the other seats in the ground. If someone in the East stand is being sweary and abusive, then that is out of order.

'The Judge' swearing and having a go at other fans for not joining in with his bullshit is totally different altogether. For someone who does a lot to create the atmosphere in the North, he regularly lets himself down by being a complete and utter prick. I've seen him abuse other fans numerous times for not singing, one day he'll do it to the wrong person and will regret it.

Absolutely this.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I tell you what, if he swears at me and tells me to ****ing sing, I'll be straight on to NSC after the game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I tell you what, if he swears at me and tells me to ****ing sing, I'll be straight on to NSC after the game.

This is the truth as opposed to the last line posted by [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION]'s, we just aren't 'that kind of fan'.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This is the truth as opposed to the last line posted by [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION]'s, we just aren't 'that kind of fan'.

Depends, on an away day when some people have had 15 pints of lager it could be different.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Depends, on an away day when some people have had 15 pints of lager it could be different.

If he swears at me home or away he will get a slap! About time someone put this muppet and his merry bunch of followers in their place!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
There's a WORLD of difference between swearing AROUND kids, and swearing AT kids, obviously.

My kids hear such language at every game - that's life. If some self-proclaimed superfan starts shouting at kids, and telling them they are '****ing pricks' or whatever for not joining in his songs, then that's something else entirely, and isn't something anyone should be expected to tolerate. If this guy has done that, he should be out on his ear - no question. His motives may be in the right place, but that's just not acceptable behaviour, however you want totry to justify it.

Yes I agree entirely, just highlighting that there are areas where children are less likely to hear expletives, and as a parent if you feel that strongly, then don't put them in that position in the first place.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
go left go left is so 1977:ffsparr:

And they sing it completely wrong too , in the East a stand at the Goldstone
It was never sung the way they do in the North today.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
If he swears at me home or away he will get a slap! About time someone put this muppet and his merry bunch of followers in their place!

Why not wait and hear what he said first. Did he say something like "come on everyone, ****ing sing" or did he go round thousands of individuals (paying special attention to parents) saying "if you don't ****ing sing, you will very much regret it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't believe that'll be an issue with our very vocal away support.

Will he?

I find it hard to see any Brighton fan doing that, which is probably why Mr Judge feels he can act accordingly.

Were he to be a Leeds, 'Wall, West Ham, etc fan Mr Judge wouldn't behave how he does, as he would have been 'sorted out' by now.

I don't mean this is a derogatory sense at all, I think the fact we can support the Albion without turning into a bunch of meatheads is something we should be proud of.

And in the interests of full disclosure, I'm the fella tutting and rolling his eyes but not in an intimidating fashion.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Guy behind me in the North said "what an immature thing to sing" as we were chanting 'We hate Palace'. :ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here