Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm Team CMS - and proud of it.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Think some are going overboard on the praise while a few are going well overboard in saying he was useless. Personally I think he was alright, no more no less, he did what I would expect of a lower championship forward. He should have scored, but the run and movement for the first goal was pretty decent.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He was great last night. Ripped them apart again and again.delivered good crosses and had some decent shots. Best he has been since he first arrived here - another one coming into some form under a decent manager

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
CMS had an outstanding game - he actually didn't get enough credit for the Fulham away win when he created the penalty that decided the game - I hope he gets a run now, signs of a good partnership with Baldock - and with Kayal and Tex running the midfield - we at last have the attacking football that Oscar promised x many years ago

I think it would be better to describe him as having an outstanding game by his standards. It was his best performance for some time, although admittedly he doesn't get too many chances. Great cross for the first goal but should have done the same in the second half but instead crosses over everyone's heads and i think it even went out for a throw. Tex was brilliant, what you pay your money to watch, but even he made some wrong choices. For example, did some great work on the break in the second half but instead of playing the ball to his left where we had two players, he laid it off to the right where CMS had a tighter angle and shot straight at the goal.

Last night we pretty much dominated a team that had won 5 out of their last 6, including the away win at Middlesborough. We should have had 4 or 5 with a little more clinical finishing however, I'll take the last two results, look forward to the last few home games.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
He kept making great runs which allowed Kayal to pass forward to him down the right side. He assisted a goal and created several other chances. The cross for Baldock's goal was not easy, he just made it look easy. He waited for the perfect time to cross and crossed it straight into Baldock's feet. He may not have the best first touch but he makes up for it in other ways. I think he is cut out to be a championship striker. Just not a lone striker as he has been played as since he came here. Playing him with Bladock and Tex really worked and he has definitely earned a place in the starting line up against Bolton on Saturday.
Such a shame he is lacking in confidence . Twice in second half when through he chose the pass instead of taking a shot at goal and the one time he did shoot the keep saved well to his left. An inform striker would have been more greedy and elected to shoot.... Not a criticism just an observation .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have said all along that CH will give him a new contract as he wanted him at Norwich so obviously appreciates his best attributes. Last night reenforced my view.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The Leeds fans we spoke to after the game could not speak highly enough of CMS saying they would love to sign him.
He gives them more trouble than any forward every season they reckon.

He does seem to save good performances for them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Leeds fans we spoke to after the game could not speak highly enough of CMS saying they would love to sign him.
He gives them more trouble than any forward every season they reckon.

He does seem to save good performances for them.

He's theirs for £2m :thumbsup:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I took my Bro-in-law last night who hails from Leeds (tried to convert him but supports his home town). On the bus in I mentioned CMS starting and how many will moan about this. His reply was an instant 'we'll have him' and how CMS always has a good game v Leeds. Blow me CMS puts in a cross, then another and another. I'm getting in my ear 'told you so'.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Think some are going overboard on the praise while a few are going well overboard in saying he was useless. Personally I think he was alright, no more no less, he did what I would expect of a lower championship forward. He should have scored, but the run and movement for the first goal was pretty decent.

Have seen neither a replay nor any mention of it on here but can someone clear up for me
Was CMS offside as Calde passed to him before crossing for the first goal?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Have seen neither a replay nor any mention of it on here but can someone clear up for me
Was CMS offside as Calde passed to him before crossing for the first goal?
It's on YouTube if you don't have seagulls player. Unfortunately a Leeds player near the middle of the park strays away from the camera so it's not possible to be sure. I think it is a distinct possibility though that he was offside. Certainly he appears to be when judged against the nearer Leeds players.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
It's on YouTube if you don't have seagulls player. Unfortunately a Leeds player near the middle of the park strays away from the camera so it's not possible to be sure. I think it is a distinct possibility though that he was offside. Certainly he appears to be when judged against the nearer Leeds players.

Will check it out thanks. A few of us in the west looked at each other thinking 'we got away with that'.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake

Checked out your youtube suggestion. You can actually see the Leeds defenders legs coming in to the shot. Wish I knew how to take a snapshot of the paused footage but CMS is clearly offside.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Tight, but if there is no one else out of the shot, looks a bit offside. Linesman's position of being slightly ahead of the players probably gives him a level line though...

Screen Shot 2015-02-25 at 13.54.56.png

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Leeds fan in the North Stand last night, or just a seriously arms folded, I'm not going to enjoy this kind of guy? :moo:

Screen Shot 2015-02-25 at 14.00.54.png

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
He showed why he's so frustrating last night. Fight, energy, and two great crosses. Lack of control and direction. Half a player, but his better half edged it last night.

This. He's like Dirk Kuyt-lite. Without the touch. Or pace. Or finishing ability.

Which is a shame because he tries so hard and his movement and ability to run the channels opens the game up well for us.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Craig Mackail-Smith

Someone said the first goal was offside. I didn't think so and video proves it wasn't.

I am not a great Macca fan but after the sale of Buckley (a mistake) we have not got the pace (sprint speed) needed without him.

Unlike many I never saw him as an out and out striker (who did or did not get enough service?) and since in one game he laid on a fine chance for Adgustein (who squandered it) I saw him as a provider and second striker.

His age means I would like to get a real speed merchant who can shoot. But until we do he has a place. I was hoping he got a hatrick and we could sell him (not to Leeds: they have a transfer embargo) for lots of dosh.

Solly March looks a good prospect, but I would still like a player who can frighten the opposition with sheer pace.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Tight, but if there is no one else out of the shot, looks a bit offside. Linesman's position of being slightly ahead of the players probably gives him a level line though...

View attachment 63353

The video shows this still shot to be misleading. Macca runs back into an onside position when the ball is kicked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here