Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conway Will Join This Week......or not

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well, I hope the OP has got this right, and the reduction in odds for 'Conway -> Blackburn' is based on nothing more than an erroneous hunch. Conway was playing really well by the time he left and, I, for one, would be very pleased to have him back here.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Irrespective of the relative merits of the players we have been linked with in this window and the games played by agents this could be the third player who we have lost out on to another Championship club. And yet we think we're the dogs bollocks in terms of facilities, developments, lifestyle choice, enlightened management etc etc etc. it will be a reality check IF it happens.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Irrespective of the relative merits of the players we have been linked with in this window and the games played by agents this could be the third player who we have lost out on to another Championship club. And yet we think we're the dogs bollocks in terms of facilities, developments, lifestyle choice, enlightened management etc etc etc. it will be a reality check IF it happens.

I disagree. blackburn still have Premiership money. We couldnt offer guaranteed first team football to Williams like Millwall could. Grabban settled at Bournemouth, would always stay there if they offered a similar deal.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Fingers crossed. I absolutely loved the torment we could bring to a right back with both Conway and KLL as options.

Conway with his delivery and clever use of the ball, KLL for his pure rawness. Lovely to have different styles of wide men.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

The other two who turned us down were not going to be automatic choices for us so I kind of get why they went elsewhere. However Conway by the time his loan period expired had established himself in the team and was playing well, Apparently he loved his time down here too. I'll be gutted if he turns us down for another Championship club and it will indeed be a reality check for us fans who think we are now a very attractive club. it won't help our promotion hopes either imo. Time is rapidly running out to sign players of the required quality in this transfer window (sorry that is a bit of a No Shit Sherlock comment)

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina

Not forgetting that Barnes chose to go to Burnley and Blackstock recently turned us down to sign for Leeds.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Still hopeful Conway will sign. However, I think we're now seeing the real mentality of many modern footballers and their agents; take the biggest pay pack they can even if that means signing for a struggling Championship side with inferior facilities and less financial stability, especially if that means they are likely to start rather than having to fight for their place in a stronger squad. On the upside, it means we are seen as a club who play hardball with greedy players and agents, won't let misbehaving managers **** us around, no matter how 'big' a name they are, and aren't prepared to blow the bank for short-term gain but long-term pain. Ergo, the players that do sign for us will be made of the right stuff and will be buying into our ethical way of doing things.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Inevitable noise of competition for his signature now. Would be good to get him signed up.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Interesting that we are also after Carayol. Would indicate Buckley is on his way, we won't need KLL, Conway, Carayol, Buckley & march.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I am not sure that the Sky Sports rumours can all be believed at this time of year - I think they post up more or less anything. Lets see what happens and hope we start to get good news very soon

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Trouble is once another team is rumoured to ne interested we fall out of the equation which would ask questions of the number crunchers dealing with prospective signings

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Zaha deal not agreed yet it would seem so this one may be a few days off yet

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sky make a big thing out of Deadline Day, so I'd expect them to stoke it up in the preceding week.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
I am not sure that the Sky Sports rumours can all be believed at this time of year - I think they post up more or less anything. Lets see what happens and hope we start to get good news very soon

I still say Sky have a conflict with their news and betting departments. One issues rumours to stimulate the betting market.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I still say Sky have a conflict with their news and betting departments. One issues rumours to stimulate the betting market.

Interesting point - you can see how misinformation could lead to big profits. If the misinformation was intentional rather than well intentioned (but how you would show that I am not sure) that would need some investigation!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here