Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interesting Stat - If games were only 45 minutes long - We'd be 4th!!

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Hughton really earns his salt at half time.

Would be good to witness one of his half time 'talks'!

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Looking at other stats.

We have twice as many points after 43 games than two seasons ago. Just shows how far CH has taken us from the shambles of Hyypia.

2016-17 92
2015-16 84 +8
2014-15 46 +46
2013-14 65 +27
2012-13 66 +26
2011-12 65 +29

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Sorry i dont normally criticise other peoples comments (only in defending their responses to mine!) but this is up there in the "most pointless threads of the year :) "

It's filling up time between now and kick-off time tonight? :shrug: :flounce:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Can someone tell me how many goals I have missed this season going to the toilet at 42 mins?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Can someone tell me how many goals I have missed this season going to the toilet at 42 mins?

THREE

Glenn Murray v Villa
Lewis Dunk (OG) for Wednesday
Sam Baldock v Derby

I have to ask, why do it? For the sake of a slightly shorter wait you miss key goals. You have FIFTEEN minutes to go for a piss. I will never understand this, take the Villa game, you base your day around the football, travel to and from the game and it ends 1-1 but you have missed the most significant part of it all by going for a piss.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have to ask, why do it? For the sake of a slightly shorter wait you miss key goals. You have FIFTEEN minutes to go for a piss. I will never understand this, take the Villa game, you base your day around the football, travel to and from the game and it ends 1-1 but you have missed the most significant part of it all by going for a piss.

Couldn't agree more.

I'm completely anal about not missing a moment. I think I missed about 30 seconds once when I chanced a piss-dash during a lengthy injury delay, but apart from that I haven't missed a minute of the 100+ matches I've attended at the Amex.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If you went to the bar on 40 minutes, you'd have missed TWO (Villa and Derby) and Dunk's OG v Wednesday

INCORRECT

I saw Murrays goal vs Villa in the PIE queue. The bloke in front of me was STREAMING the game (although there was about a 5 second delay between hearing the ROAR outside and us seeing the goal on his phone).

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
As Liam Brady once said: if my granny had balls, she'd be my grandad.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seriously?
I was hoping nobody would call me out on it, because I can't for the life of me remember who said it.

I'd like to think it was within the BBC's celebratory coverage.
Ideally a comment from Clem.

I definitely stand by it, I just can't pin it down.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't think it is about 'sorting' things at half time, in general. The tactics are planned right through, and generally involve plenty of possession first half to sap the opposition, before upping the tempo to take advantage of that second half.

I definitely think there are tweaks at half time. Often once a game starts the opposition tactics won't be quite as expected, a particular player or combo may be working better or worse than expected. We do seem good at controlling tempo but we also do seem to troubleshoot at half time, in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here