Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is anybody still worried that we will not get automatic promotion?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I would expect us to take at least 6 points from the 5 games and would expect that to be enough BUT football would not be football without some twists and turns so nervous is a better description than worried. Personally I think the twist and turns will be positive and they steer us to the title.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Jeez.

Here's the breakdown for those of a queasy disposition. Goal difference is a non factor, so Huddersfield will need to get one more point than us.

If we lose all five remaining games, Huddersfield will need 13 points from their last six games(4 wins and a draw).

If we get one more point, Huddersfield will need 14 more points from their last six games (four wins and two draws).

If we get two more points, Huddersfield will need 15 points from their last six games(five wins and a defeat).

If we get three more points, Huddersfield will need 16 points from their last six games(five wins and a draw).

If we get four or five more points, Huddersfield will need 18 points from their last six games(six straight wins).

If we get six more points, we are up regardless of whether Huddersfield win all their remaining games(they won't).

Over the past 87 games we have shown tremendous character, resilience and consistency. In that time we've had two unbeaten runs of 14 games and another of 21(22?) games. Time and again we've held on to wins, scored last minute winners, been battered but come away victorious. Why would we suddenly lose all that? If that's what you think will happen you have no faith and do not deserve this incredible team that we have.

Even if we don't win another game we are almost certainly going up. Relax. Enjoy. Party.

(Yes, I know there is a job to be done etc, etc but that is the players job, not ours. Ours is to enjoy the best time this club has had in decades and to support the team, not shit ourselves if we drop some points.)

COME ON THE ALBIOOOOON!!!!!

:albion2::rock::rave::ascarf:

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
If you read the Hudds board, they are worried about not making it to the Playoffs...

Those sneaky f**kers, they're trying to fool our team so they take their collective feet off the gas, then when their team win every game they have left they will pip us for automatic promotion. It's a conspiracy I tell yer.
Or do they realise the hopelessness of the situation and we have already accumulated enough points to seal the deal?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Easter Monday much more likely than Good Friday for promotion, but it could be either.

:albion2:

Glad I will be at both then...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Jeez.

Here's the breakdown for those of a queasy disposition. Goal difference is a non factor, so Huddersfield will need to get one more point than us.

If we lose all five remaining games, Huddersfield will need 13 points from their last six games(4 wins and a draw).

If we get one more point, Huddersfield will need 14 more points from their last six games (four wins and two draws).

If we get two more points, Huddersfield will need 15 points from their last six games(five wins and a defeat).

If we get three more points, Huddersfield will need 16 points from their last six games(five wins and a draw).

If we get four or five more points, Huddersfield will need 18 points from their last six games(six straight wins).

If we get six more points, we are up regardless of whether Huddersfield win all their remaining games(they won't).

Over the past 87 games we have shown tremendous character, resilience and consistency. In that time we've had two unbeaten runs of 14 games and another of 21(22?) games. Time and again we've held on to wins, scored last minute winners, been battered but come away victorious. Why would we suddenly lose all that? If that's what you think will happen you have no faith and do not deserve this incredible team that we have.

Even if we don't win another game we are almost certainly going up. Relax. Enjoy. Party.

(Yes, I know there is a job to be done etc, etc but that is the players job, not ours. Ours is to enjoy the best time this club has had in decades and to support the team, not shit ourselves if we drop some points.)

COME ON THE ALBIOOOOON!!!!!

:albion2::rock::rave::ascarf:

Damn you coming on here with your common sense, logic and reasonableness :albion2:

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I'm 99.9% certain we've done it, but all these triumphant threads are starting to do my head in. There's a professional job to be done to get the P next to our name & then hopefully kick on and get some silverware. I'm sure Chris and the players are more focussed than the fans.

Yes but that's the thing, the players and manager are meant to be the professional ones. It's their job to not let all this get to their heads just yet. As fans, it is our rightful duty to finally BELIEVE!!!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I said this on another thread, it is not us that have to be worried by Hudders, it is Newcastle that'll be looking over their shoulders.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Easter Monday much more likely than Good Friday for promotion, but it could be either.
I realise that overturning the GD is almost impossible, but I'm pretty sure we can't make it MATHEMATICALLY certain on Good Friday - and that wonderful 'P' cannot appear until it is.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I realise that overturning the GD is almost impossible, but I'm pretty sure we can't make it MATHEMATICALLY certain on Good Friday - and that wonderful 'P' cannot appear until it is.
Pragmatism and realism ACE mathematics in this case.

:albion2:

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Not worried.
Remember us preparing for the play offs once the autos were out of reach? Hudders and the like will have to keep something in the tank or they risk fielding weakened sides in the now inevitable play offs. Throwing the sink at the rapidly diminishing chance of an auto spot is not on the agenda methinks, too much to risk. We are up, barring an absolute catastrophe, players strike, plague epidemic, alien invasion etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here