Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Cooper to be punished ?

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Some people seem to still think Leeds fans are amazing, dunno who wrote it, found it on a twitter feed of a Leeds fan

View attachment 83495[/QUOTE

Yes, Leeds took good numbers to Reading last night but the Reading fans sounded as vocal.

Lol, comparing English football to teams in Poland and the Balkans where gates, with some notable exceptions, are at league two level at best! For heavens sake, as you say, some people are a bit deluded about this Leeds would 'of took' more love-in nonsense.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If any of us did that we'd be answering to the Crown Prosecution not the FA.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Some people seem to still think Leeds fans are amazing, dunno who wrote it, found it on a twitter feed of a Leeds fan

View attachment 83495

Many years ago (1975?) I spent a year in France as an "assistant" in a French school. I came home over the May half-term because it was my girlfriend's 21st.on the way home (Friday night), there were loads o French rugby fans going to Twickenham. I thought "this is going to be a bumpy night", and they were very rowdy and boisterous, but all in a very good natured and amicable way. I ended up enjoying the journey much more than I thought.

On the way back to France a few days later, I was on an overnight ferry - lots off Leeds fans on the boat going to a European final (I think). I was on the verge of being frightened all the way. Thugs.

Even earlier, as a kid, I can remember watching the FA cup final on telly in the mid '60s - Leeds vs Liverpool. I started out wanting Leeds to win but, because of the way the game was played, ended up very happy that Liverpool won.... And I was only about 11 or 12.

I noticed in a recent programme programme too, in the light of the Mings thing, Alan Mullery discussing the hard men of his generation, but the worst of the lot, he said, was Johnny Giles of........ Leeds.

It's in the genes.

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
I just watched that. How can anything under 8 weeks not even start to justify that! He jumped at the player studs leading down.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39491847

Leeds United defender Liam Cooper has been charged with violent conduct after an alleged stamp on Reading's Reece Oxford.

The incident, which was not seen by the match officials, occurred in the 75th minute of Saturday's Championship match, which Reading won 1-0.

If found guilty, Cooper, 25, could face a longer ban than the standard three matches, the Football Association said.

The defender has until 18:00 BST on Tuesday to respond to the charge.

A panel of three former top-level referees reviewed the video footage to determine whether Cooper committed an act of violent conduct.

The FA said it had submitted a claim that the usual three-match ban was "clearly insufficient".

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39491847

Leeds United defender Liam Cooper has been charged with violent conduct after an alleged stamp on Reading's Reece Oxford.

The incident, which was not seen by the match officials, occurred in the 75th minute of Saturday's Championship match, which Reading won 1-0.

If found guilty, Cooper, 25, could face a longer ban than the standard three matches, the Football Association said.

The defender has until 18:00 BST on Tuesday to respond to the charge.

A panel of three former top-level referees reviewed the video footage to determine whether Cooper committed an act of violent conduct.

The FA said it had submitted a claim that the usual three-match ban was "clearly insufficient".

47585116.jpg

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I'd not seen that until today but cannot see that it was anything other than a spiteful, cowardly attack on a player already on the ground due to a 'robust' challenge. Deserves all he gets.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
It's the right decision. Given that he has until 1800 to respond, is it possible they will impose an immediate ban (ie tonight) (providing he doesn't contest it)?

Mixed back for us, mind, as he would miss Newcastle game. They have Jansson to come in.

PG

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

View attachment 83495[/QUOTE

Yes, Leeds took good numbers to Reading last night but the Reading fans sounded as vocal.

Lol, comparing English football to teams in Poland and the Balkans where gates, with some notable exceptions, are at league two level at best! For heavens sake, as you say, some people are a bit deluded about this Leeds would 'of took' more love-in nonsense.

Not so loud when they were 2-0 down at the Amex, in December.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It's the right decision. Given that he has until 1800 to respond, is it possible they will impose an immediate ban (ie tonight) (providing he doesn't contest it)?

Mixed back for us, mind, as he would miss Newcastle game. They have Jansson to come in.

PG

Hopefully he misses all play off games

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

View attachment 83495

What a load of pretentious shit.

'A Leeds United away end belongs in a Museum'. Yes it does. A museum dedicated to the forgotten world of football in the 70s, with neanderthal knuckle-draggers casually abusing everyone around them, with vile racism and homophobic bile.

And they've only got one song.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here