Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kenny Jacket

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I saw the highlights of their match on Saturday v Leeds. Rotherham had no luck whatsoever and are certainly not as bad as their position suggests. It must be a long old season for their fans.

That is mainly down to Kenny. He has turned them around in terms of performance and I imagine a conversation about the transfer window has taken place and he didn't like the outcome so has decided that he doesn't want to remain at the club

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Perhaps he didn't want a relegation on his cv. Even with over half of the season still to run, it will take a super human effort to keep them up.

But it didn't look great for them 5 matches ago when he took over

I think it reflects pretty badly on him if that is the case. However I would assume (based on nothing) that he was initially promised funds for transfers and then has been told he will only get them if he sells some of the dross. He has probably since found out that no one will pay for them

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No WIN situation Surely?

How come? They are virtually set on relegation so anything that he did would be as was or better than expected. I would think that this is all down to available budget in January and the players he says he needs to offer some hope of avoiding relegation and being proud will not want to just sit and watch the inevitable relegation with his hands tied.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bit harsh on Cotterell,IMHO the other two good call.

I do not like Cotterell as I think that he is a poor manager. He was said to be odds on to become MK Dons manager but they are apparently talking to Hearts Chief Coach. If he doesnt get the job how will others feel knowing that they are an after thought. Perhaps Kenny Jackett is in the running for the job.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Like many i am no fan of MK altough its newer followers of the club were not part of the "Rape" of Wimbledon,Jacket would appaer to be a better fit,and as to anyone from Scotland is it April 1st ?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
11 points adrift at the foot of the table only a fool would take that job now

I suppose it's all down to what the owners expect. If they understand that it will probably mean relegation in the short term before the club can progress, then maybe it's still a viable proposition for an ambitious younger, or lower division manager?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I suppose it's all down to what the owners expect. If they understand that it will probably mean relegation in the short term before the club can progress, then maybe it's still a viable proposition for an ambitious younger, or lower division manager?

They will probably suffer financially with relegation so want to stay up but on the cheap without spending money. in January. That is of course if his departure was due to money or the lack of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here