Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Mag - Issue 2

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yep, we plan to do that early next year. Hopefully, the online version will suffice for now.

https://issuu.com/thealbionmagbrighton/docs/tam_2_online_version

Excellent. Although we are still quite traditional in our ways. I would rather take a pilgrimage to a local shop (or have it in the post if exiled) than take a peek online. There's nothing like having it in hand. Like the old days when I used to look forward to Roy of the Rovers each week and the Cricketer International each month. You just can't beat the anticipation and the hurried walk home to lay on your bed and read.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Excellent. Although we are still quite traditional in our ways. I would rather take a pilgrimage to a local shop than take a peek online. There's nothing like having it in hand. Like the old days when I used to look forward to Roy of the Rovers each week and the Cricketer International each month. You just can't beat the anticipation and the hurried walk home to lay on your bed and read.

I'm exactly the same , it's all part of the fun , peeling away the stuck together pages in the hope you haven't peeled away Sonia from hull's fluffy bit .

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm exactly the same , it's all part of the fun , peeling away the stuck together pages in the hope you haven't peeled away Sonia from hull's fluffy bit .

Those pages are stuck before you get home ? :eek:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
120 miles from Brighton

See correcting post. Apologies for lack of consideration for Albion exiles. They are trying to remedy this early next year.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Any chance of the print version being in the North this Friday [MENTION=2139]Soul Finger[/MENTION] ? Was well impressed with #1

Spencer Vignes

Oct 4, 2012
Good stuff. Well done to all concerned. One word of advice from someone with 20-plus years in newspapers and magazines; get a title and stick to it. At the risk of sounding like a marketing ****er, you've got to build the brand.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Excellent. Although we are still quite traditional in our ways. I would rather take a pilgrimage to a local shop (or have it in the post if exiled) than take a peek online. There's nothing like having it in hand. Like the old days when I used to look forward to Roy of the Rovers each week and the Cricketer International each month. You just can't beat the anticipation and the hurried walk home to lay on your bed and read.

You should read the online version. Not all of it. Just the Classic Away Day. You may find it VERY familiar :lolol: :moo:

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Good stuff. Well done to all concerned. One word of advice from someone with 20-plus years in newspapers and magazines; get a title and stick to it. At the risk of sounding like a marketing ****er, you've got to build the brand.

you should be able to suggest a reliable, local printer then shirley?

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004

Of course, but we're not working with Absolute now so we had to change it.

A very amicable split. They effectively help us launch.

Onward and upward with The Albion Mag!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Of course, but we're not working with Absolute now so we had to change it.

A very amicable split. They effectively help us launch.

Onward and upward with The Albion Mag!

The 'Albion Mag' has an old school feel to it. Fanzine meets mainstream publication. Not official, but not full of half readable bluster (although I must say some fanzines were especially good).

Has there been any club feedback ?

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
The 'Albion Mag' has an old school feel to it. Fanzine meets mainstream publication. Not official, but not full of half readable bluster (although I must say some fanzines were especially good).

Has there been any club feedback ?

That's exactly the feel we're after.

Club staff have said how much they like it...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
RE mendoza's piece and a post on here with the *wrong* Knockaert song lyrics - I'm pretty sure the song has always been 'only cost £2mil' not 'a mil' - well that's what I've always sang - and it's more factually correct - what do others sing? As for the Ozil bit - it clearly tongue in cheek (although little dos we know he's getting closer to Ozil's ability bracket by the week :lol:)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ummmm - a whole load of this article is missing. It stops in the middle...

624b9d4233414e04a76f5e67c45013ec.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here