Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kermogant’s tackle

theboybilly

And then there was the gamesmanship afterwards. Reading were not ready with their substitution so Van Den Berg walked all the way back to talk to the ref thereby gaining Reading time to sort out bringing on that 7'11" lump of a defender. That was Reading for me today....little niggly fouls and shirt pulls (not to mention trying to con the officials) They played some decent stuff...not much but some but it's the cheating that I will remember

I meant Van Den Berg not Kermogant

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
And then there was the gamesmanship afterwards. Reading were not ready with their substitution so Kermogant walked all the way back to talk to the ref thereby gaining Reading time to sort out bringing on that 7'11" lump of a defender. That was Reading for me today....little niggly fouls and shirt pulls (not to mention trying to con the officials) They played some decent stuff...not much but some but it's the cheating that I will remember

Reading's total football - pass it around the defence for a bit then hoof

theroyal

May 11, 2014
I think for me it's that they have nothing of note to cheer about.

I know the Brighton lot aren't the fondest of "tinpot" Reading, so I'll probably be shot down for speaking up on an opposition forum, but I come on here a fair bit in good faith and I wish you guys well - you'll obviously do better than us this season. But it gets tiresome seeing statements like this - it's just not true.

Two Championship titles. Three seasons in the Premier League, finishing 8th in one of those, missing out on European football by one point - and plenty of trips to Wembley to boot... considering our history, we've plenty to be proud of in the last decade or so, and we've not broken the bank to do it. Our record signing remains £2.5m.

We've had a disappointing few seasons, that's all.

Anyway, good game today and best of luck for the rest of the season. Remember every club has its share of morons, and its share of dedicated good people who are passionate and want their team to do well regardless of their history. :)

theboybilly

I know the Brighton lot aren't the fondest of "tinpot" Reading, so I'll probably be shot down for speaking up on an opposition forum, but I come on here a fair bit in good faith and I wish you guys well - you'll obviously do better than us this season. But it gets tiresome seeing statements like this - it's just not true.

Two Championship titles. Three seasons in the Premier League, finishing 8th in one of those, missing out on European football by one point - and plenty of trips to Wembley to boot... considering our history, we've plenty to be proud of in the last decade or so, and we've not broken the bank to do it. Our record signing remains £2.5m.

We've had a disappointing few seasons, that's all.

Anyway, good game today and best of luck for the rest of the season. Remember every club has its share of morons, and its share of dedicated good people who are passionate and want their team to do well regardless of their history. :)

Why were your fans in the East Stand corner nearest us arguing amongst themselves? It seemed to go on for ages and was quite entertaining to watch. I saw one bloke get thrown out but it could quite easily have been half a dozen or more.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
And then there was the gamesmanship afterwards. Reading were not ready with their substitution so Kermogant walked all the way back to talk to the ref thereby gaining Reading time to sort out bringing on that 7'11" lump of a defender. That was Reading for me today....little niggly fouls and shirt pulls (not to mention trying to con the officials) They played some decent stuff...not much but some but it's the cheating that I will remember

Agreed. Don't think I've seen a player go off and come all the way back again before. Hope it's deemed as refusing to leave the pitch and he gets an extra game ban.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Disgusting tackle and everyone in the ground saw what was coming, made even worse by Kermorgant trying to justify it to the ref and then complaining about the previous 'foul' on him by Rosenior.

The referee (a premier league referee i might add!) totally missed another new rule that has been put in place. No question, it should have been a red card. However as he booked him and Rosenior needed treatment, Kermorgant should have gone off at the side. The new rule is if a foul warrants a yellow card and the fouled player needs treatment, then the player who caused the foul (and was booked) has to go off too.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Cynical dirty challenge , the type of team Reading are and probably why not liked so much is that 2 of his team mates congratulated him for the tackle , wtf is that all about , goons . Hope Liam makes a speedy recovery , not the sort of player to feign injury .

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
The new rule is if a foul warrants a yellow card and the fouled player needs treatment, then the player who caused the foul (and was booked) has to go off too.
That makes so much sense - you wonder why it hasn't been implemented already. I've tried to think of any examples where it might get contentious, save for the ref being overly influenced by the injury (sound familiar?), but I can't really.

So, do you know what the rule is for if the injured player is unable to come back on, with all 3 subs having been used? As was the case yesterday.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I'm surprised the tackle wasn't shown on the FL show last night, no action can be taken as the referee only deemed it a yellow card.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
That makes so much sense - you wonder why it hasn't been implemented already. I've tried to think of any examples where it might get contentious, save for the ref being overly influenced by the injury (sound familiar?), but I can't really.

So, do you know what the rule is for if the injured player is unable to come back on, with all 3 subs having been used? As was the case yesterday.

Unfortunately its tough luck from there on. Personally i think that there should be an additional rule in the case of this situation. Annoyingly, the player is allowed back on the pitch after a few moments of play

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
On another note I've never witnessed a game where so many home players have gone down clutching their faces as if they've been hit by Henry's Hammer then get up right as rain 30 secs later
Disgraceful tactic that seems to go unpunished these days

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
On another note I've never witnessed a game where so many home players have gone down clutching their faces as if they've been hit by Henry's Hammer then get up right as rain 30 secs later
Knockaert did it once as well, I really don't like this facet of football either.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Footballers embarrassing themselves in the wake of some top quality Olympic competition.

What are the chances of that happening.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The referee (a premier league referee i might add!) totally missed another new rule that has been put in place. No question, it should have been a red card. However as he booked him and Rosenior needed treatment, Kermorgant should have gone off at the side. The new rule is if a foul warrants a yellow card and the fouled player needs treatment, then the player who caused the foul (and was booked) has to go off too.

Can you post where you have seen this? It's the first I've heard of it and I haven't seen this anywhere this weekend. I know players that receive treatment no longer have to leave the field if it's quick.

Not mentioned here:http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ges-ahead-of-the-201617-premier-league-season

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here