[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe the Geeks should do it?
Hmmmm I'm not entirely sure about that.

It was hard enough herding them when I could see them all :lol: :kiss:
Not to mention getting [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] across a junction, in the dark, must be close to impossible. :lolol:

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Hmmmm I'm not entirely sure about that.

It was hard enough herding them when I could see them all :lol: :kiss:
Not to mention getting @<a href="http://www.northstandchat.com/member.php?u=225" target="_blank">Hamilton</a> across a junction, in the dark, must be close to impossible. :lolol:

The fact that I put SAFETY first should not be sniffed at. You may wish to take your lives in your own hands, but I have a duty to other younger road users - to be a role model.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I would think anyone is welcome. I don't think I can as its my youngest's Bday party at home the following morning:

BECC night ride route has been published. www.strava.com/routes/5633252

This year's ride will commence at 1830 on Sat 23rd July and stop off at a club favourite pub in Newdigate before heading up towards the Surrey hills where we'll tackle Box Hill. From there it's on to Mitcham Common to see if we can see the Ghostly Boy Cyclist before turning and stopping in Croydon where there is a 24/7 McDonalds where a hot drink or junk food can be purchased whilst we await riders meeting us halfway (23-2330pm). From there it's down towards Pease Pottage for stop 3 before tackling some lanes and little inclines before we reach Ditchling Beacon. After that it's all down hill to Brighton where we should be able to see the sun rise behind us over the pier...

Do something amazing this year.. do the Night Ride.

Lights are available from the club with advance notice and more information available on request. Any map/lane advice should be directed to me, Alan.

Looks brilliant. But why would you want to cross the M25 and venture towards Croydon? Hideous. Although coming back over the hill at Coulson is lovely.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The fact that I put SAFETY first should not be sniffed at. You may wish to take your lives in your own hands, but I have a duty to other younger road users - to be a role model.

Is that what you shouted to Crawley Wheelers as you overtook them at 20mph out of Newhaven, because I thought you said "do you need any help on the front", which was ironic given me and [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] were breathing out of our arses just trying to hold their wheel! I seem to remember they didn't take your offer to kindly at the time. Still makes me chuckle now! :thumbsup: :lolol:

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Is that what you shouted to Crawley Wheelers as you overtook them at 20mph out of Newhaven, because I thought you said "do you need any help on the front", which was ironic given me and [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] were breathing out of our arses just trying to hold their wheel! I seem to remember they didn't take your offer to kindly at the time. Still makes me chuckle now! :thumbsup: :lolol:

In fact I said, "please let me take a turn on the front for you. There are lots of pot holes along here and I can point them out so that you don't come to harm."

I noticed that they did little pointing as they left us for dead going into Seaford.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
What's the best free place to sell a road bike?

Tried my Wilier Izoard on eBay, was bid up to about £200 (luckily I had a reserve) and I'm hoping for more than that but don't want to spunk another £20 advertising it. Have tried Facebook but no joy either.

Thanks.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What's the best free place to sell a road bike?

Tried my Wilier Izoard on eBay, was bid up to about £200 (luckily I had a reserve) and I'm hoping for more than that but don't want to spunk another £20 advertising it. Have tried Facebook but no joy either.

Thanks.

I've bought 2 bikes off Gumtree. What size frame is it? I probably missed the post if you posted it on here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you're the role model, nobody would be cycling...

...we'd all be waiting at junctions, while PM has a wee-wee.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Bye bye SKS unbreakable guards. My original rear guard snapped at 12o'clock position and was swiftly replaced by the manufacturer. This week I had the same problem again. I nearly used wiggle to replace them as they are on the website for £17, but this is cycling so no expense should be spared. Enter the bonty ncs guard from Evans at £40. Now, I wonder if they'll fit, not snap...

So geeks, summer is here...for the moment! I've met a few of us but am keen to meet more. The main man Stat Brother has in the past organised opportunities for us to meet and ride. I'm wondering if we fancied a geek ride over the next month. We need to be a bit flexible but it would be amazing to be able to put names to faces pre-season!! Especially those of us that are on the Strava club.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I took the kids and my new road bike 'off-roading' on the tracks around Arundel, cyclo-cross style.

Got a really funny, snooty, look from a fella stood in the path by his mountain bike.

Do these people ever ride their bikes?

#twats. :lol:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
So geeks, summer is here...for the moment! I've met a few of us but am keen to meet more. The main man Stat Brother has in the past organised opportunities for us to meet and ride. I'm wondering if we fancied a geek ride over the next month. We need to be a bit flexible but it would be amazing to be able to put names to faces pre-season!! Especially those of us that are on the Strava club.

The AITC ride today was great fun today, was anyone else riding it? was a brilliant route, the old Brighton Breezy route that Brighton CTC used to run.I thought there would be more riders though, but was the first year that they had run it and other than on here I hadnt seen any publicity for it. We had 12 riders from our club

It would be good to arrange a geeks ride, we would need a central location though, not sure where everyone is based. Happy to offer to help arrange something if there are any takers?

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Well, I've finally got myself on the Strava app & have got in a couple of nice little rides this weekend, including an 18 miler over the SDW / Woodingdean before work this morning at 6am. Its all on the mtb though (yes Stat, we do ride them! ;o)...) but hoping to get my old hard tail some new skinnier rubber to get out on the roads as well before the summer is out.
Also got the relive app as well & love it - cheers for mentioning it!

https://www.relive.cc/view/652675489

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Sorry 10, but I'm still a complete spanner when it comes to puncture repair. It was only a teeny one, but not even in the comfort of my own kitchen could I get the job done.

Obviously a rear wheel one.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here