Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So how many Season ticket holders for next season?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Well I think in these first 4 seasons at the Amex, myself included, a lot were prepared to make sacrifices to enable them to attend games. They would tolerate the sometimes difficult travel arrangements, tolerate the high prices, tolerate the night game logistics, tolerate the earlier up and down food and beer quality and availability, all to ensure they had a place to call their own at the Amex....... that drive of necessity is not there as much anymore......hence the drop of circa 20%.......sadly the club have missed the boat of goodwill.....now they need to provide entertainment and a quality competitive squad again to get people back.

In an earlier post you said " People who make a choice to stop buying STs are not fairweather as you put it, they are just realistic.."

In this post you say that the club need to "provide entertainment and a quality competitive squad again to get people back."

So some must be fairweather supporters, surely? In my view some definitely are - every club has supporters who will only go if they are successful - and others choose not to renew for a host of different reasons.

I wouldn't criticise any of them. We all have a choice and we don't have to justify it to anyone.

Personally, I go to support BHA; I have never had a ticket that promised me successful or attractive football, and all the peripheral stuff of getting to and from the Amex, prices for beer and food etc. is just that ..peripheral. I respect your view that the club "has missed the boat of goodwill" but I don't feel that way at all.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
In an earlier post you said " People who make a choice to stop buying STs are not fairweather as you put it, they are just realistic.."

In this post you say that the club need to "provide entertainment and a quality competitive squad again to get people back."

So some must be fairweather supporters, surely? In my view some definitely are - every club has supporters who will only go if they are successful - and others choose not to renew for a host of different reasons.

I wouldn't criticise any of them. We all have a choice and we don't have to justify it to anyone.

Personally, I go to support BHA; I have never had a ticket that promised me successful or attractive football, and all the peripheral stuff of getting to and from the Amex, prices for beer and food etc. is just that ..peripheral. I respect your view that the club "has missed the boat of goodwill" but I don't feel that way at all.
I think as you would expect, we have fans in the full gambit of commitment categories of course, but the baulk will continue to support, just not as many from the security and perhaps extravagance of a ST......that's my point really.

I feel we will see a reduction to approx 15k ST holders....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Patently the initial Amex ST sales were massively skewed upwards on a) the feelgood/emotional factor of the new stadium victory and b) the fact that everybody had to attend a presentation to secure their ST seat.

After the initial new stadium euphoria, basic economic reality is now starting to kick in. Fewer long distance STHs will want to make the trip on a Tuesday night or make forward train/hotel bookings for a Saturday 3pm match in the second half of the season when such fixtures are very likely to be jerked around by SKY at short notice.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
On the 14th March last year the club announced that over 20,000 had renewed: http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ason-ticket-renewals-for-brighton-hove-albion

What we have this season is a more concerted attempt to get people to renew with players calling/texting fans and now Tony Bloom discussing recruitment plans and performance targets for next season before we are even confirmed as safe. They are clearly worried about the take up, hence lack of announcement regarding renewals so far. It must be quite a significant drop

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Patently the initial Amex ST sales were massively skewed upwards on a) the feelgood/emotional factor of the new stadium victory and b) the fact that everybody had to attend a presentation to secure their ST seat.

After the initial new stadium euphoria, basic economic reality is now starting to kick in. Fewer long distance STHs will want to make the trip on a Tuesday night or make forward train/hotel bookings for a Saturday 3pm match in the second half of the season when such fixtures are very likely to be jerked around by SKY at short notice.

I thought the take up was really driven by the concern over being able to get to see games in that first season, with the smaller capacity there was a real concern that you may miss out. Subsequent seasons with increased capacity still had the feelgood factor of a flair team going places and a real feeling of togetherness. The fall out from that is really being felt now and it will be far more difficult to bring it back enough to generate such season ticket sales again unless we reach the top flight.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Most seem to be saying a large dropoff in s/t for next season, how they know as the club won't release any detail at the moment, but today I wanted to move seats in WSU and the available choice in the area I want was very limited. So from that it would seem that the support in the WSU is staying pretty strong amongst the s/t's.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Most seem to be saying a large dropoff in s/t for next season, how they know as the club won't release any detail at the moment, but today I wanted to move seats in WSU and the available choice in the area I want was very limited. So from that it would seem that the support in the WSU is staying pretty strong amongst the s/t's.

The upper tiers of the West are the bedrock of our support and both tiers always look packed, maybe it's because you're so far from the action that you can't actually see some of the shite that those of us on ground level have had served up to us on the pitch in recent times.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We currently sell an incredibly small number of match by match tickets. The prices are too high.

We'll have to be pushing at the top of the league to shift any reasonable quantity on a regular basis.
Rubbish
We actually sell more now than previous seasons...This season we have 21500 St holders not 23k like many think.Many games we have between 2k-5k match day sales and it will increase even more next season as many give up ST's.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Rubbish
We actually sell more now than previous seasons...This season we have 21500 St holders not 23k like many think.Many games we have between 2k-5k match day sales and it will increase even more next season as many give up ST's.

Yes i agree,IMO it is much more healthy to have fans buying on a match basis,and in greater numbers if the team is playing well,rather than no show seat blocking season ticket holders.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
My son started Uni at the beginning of last season so I was left with his st. I managed to sell it for every game and every person who came enjoyed the experience and will come again (including the wife!). His season ticket has been shared between 2 of those for next season so is still active. All 8 of us who sit together have renewed. I really don't think it will be the disaster that some on here seem to hope it will be.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Trouble is that people won't believe it after last Summers shambles, he needs to show serious intent not just come out with the same platitudes
I agree with this, but I also think it will happen. We need to see the club to continue heading back in the right direction.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Because everyone is moving forward and towards the centre......I assume you weren't looking to move to the wings, or to the back ten rows.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here