Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Stand looks dreadful when mostly empty!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If our new signings do well then there won't be any gaps soon.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
when I go to the game itself I'm not bothered but when I watch the highlights I always think it looks poor. The club are very interested in the commercial view / projecting a great brand image so it really surprises me that they have not tried cameras facing the three tier west, is it really because of the sun? it certainly would improve the perception of the ground to those not there, although again personally I couldn't care less about them.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
The obvious being overlooked here - it's still the school holidays so suspect many st holders will be on holiday themselves and or fans who buy the odd ticket to the game might be forced to spend Saturday walking round Thorpe Park instead of sitting in the south stand.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Fans are fickle like it or not. If we start winning games and playing good football they will come. I'm sure Charlton will sell their allocation and we will have a larger amount of casual supporters who pick and choose the games they go to.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Crikey I have just given the "Thickie of the Week" award to Algie but I think you may have trumped it.

You do realise that the Chelsea game was a friendly don't you?

Not sure if you have been in the West Upper but many of us regard it as THE stand at the Amex.

Yep, fully aware the Chelsea game was a friendly and but was not aware that would mean there would/could not be trouble.
I have had tickets in the South, East, West and North.
Best atmosphere has always been the South.
From where I sit now I cannot view the WSU and I never hear anything from there.
Thanks for the award but the clue is in the title (NS "Chat").
That means people voice their opinion and people can discuss rather than hand out awards...

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The club must have the stats how many of our fans who travel vast distances to home games who may not of renewed season tickets as they can now buy tickets match by match basis now we have many spare seats.. I bumped into an old friend who I new in the old goldstone days he comes to home games from Devon with his son I was very impressed when some fans moan about the transport just from brighton. I take my hat off to all those fans who travel long distances to home games and it would be great if the club could recognise this in some way as this is how we build a bigger fan base.i also think this is why we now have a good away support as the fans who have moved away from Sussex for various reasons and loyalty of families.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Fans are fickle like it or not. If we start winning games and playing good football they will come. I'm sure Charlton will sell their allocation and we will have a larger amount of casual supporters who pick and choose the games they go to.

Charlton have supposedly sold out their allocation. Should be a cracking atmosphere.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I think the best solution is to have the away fans in ESL. I think they did it a couple of times before. Against Barnsley I think when they brought about 200 or so. Give them the last block in ELS and corner if necessary. And can be a big divide between them and family stand.

I think its at Southampton where away fans are next to their singing section. Makes a good atmosphere! So vocal fans moving to south could be a good idea.

Anyway there was 1 guy behind the goal on Saturday who seemeed up for banter with the bolton lot. Running over to them when we scored

That was the Ex-Casual in the mint coloured Pringle sweater.....someone told me his boardname was Peanut Roaster...dosnt seem to be about lately.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Can't think of a ground I've been to as an away fan where the away fans are on the same side as the dugouts? Surely ESU in one corner would be appropriate? Obviously would be a challenge to separate the concourse etc as you wouldn't want the whole ESU for away fans, with 400 Bolton fans spread across! Don't think that part would be captured on TV too much either, mainly ESL.

I believe it's possible to segregate part of the ESU and ESL - I seem to remember Martin Perry saying so when I went on a tour of the stadium with him. And surely this happened at the Arsenal cup tie?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Never mentioned it before but my problem needs to be solved. ST in East Upper and when watching the 47 seconds of highlights on TV it takes me 43 seconds to realise the teams are kicking the wrong way to that which I'm used to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here