Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which of your friends/family Premier League supporting teams have given you.......

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
All been very congratulatory here in Wales. My Swansea supporting mate is organising us a box at the Liberty when we play.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Mostly people who know so little about football. They always seem to pipe up negatively about things they know not much about.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
All have been very supportive but 1 person I work with confuses me.. He's annoyed at all the Brighton fans who's come out of the woodwork now but was born and lives in Brighton and supports Liverpool...

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
All of my in-laws (and Mrs KK) are red scouse; all been very supportive but beginning to worry about us turning them
over at Anfield next season :)

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
No grief...............Only support and best wishes

Brighton are going to be everyone's second favourite side next year in the Premiership

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Most my mates support Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, West ham and most of them hate Brighton. Strange as every single one of them are Brighton born and bread. Most have also been very jealous of our success.

With all due respect to them, they sound like a right bunch of twats.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
My twin brother supports Arsenal, but he sees Brighton as his second team and goes to the Amex as a neutral.
He, llike me was born in Brighton, I don't know why he supports Arsenal and have not asked him.
Still in shock I suppose.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Don't think I'm friends with any prem plastics :shrug:

One of my best mates is a chelsea fan but he's from West London and was a season ticket holder for a few years. Lives in Sussex now and is delighted for us.

el punal

Most people here, down in Southampton, have said it's great to have us in the Premier League. Three south coast clubs in the top flight with dear old Pompey still two divisions below!

To be honest, most Premier League teams' fans see us as a welcome break, the brand new kids on the block so to speak, rather than the usual yo-yo merchants. I can't say I've heard any negative comments about us.

Final comment, the Geordies I met when we played up at Newcastle last August absolutely love Chris Hughton. The feeling, even then, was that both of us would be promoted. Top fans the Geordies!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Have to say all the PL supporters i know(who are mates) who go to games and the lads that i watch England with are chuffed to bits we have made it.
We have known each other for years and they have followed our story over the years.They never took the piss before so cant see them starting now.

Havnt had a bad word yet from the armchair banter mob........that will probably change though as ive been actively contacting them and promising them tickets.
When they finally realise ive been fvcking with them all along i expect they will show their outrage on whatsapp and refuse to watch our highlights on MOTD or something

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
[SUB][/SUB]
Most my mates support Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, West ham and most of them hate Brighton. Strange as every single one of them are Brighton born and bread. Most have also been very jealous of our success.
It's not fashionable to support your home town club:lolol:
Normally when a southerner tells me they support manure or Liverpool I lose interest very quickly.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
[SUB][/SUB]
It's not fashionable to support your home town club:lolol:
Normally when a southerner tells me they support manure or Liverpool I lose interest very quickly.

I find it weird talking to southerners that support Man utd, Liverpool ect, almost like there opinion do not matter as they are not "proper" football fans.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I been a Brighton fan all my life however I have to admit I have watched with friends Spurs Arsenal Palace Norwich and Derby Nottingaham Forset and many other games but this was mostly in the Seventies as it was easy to get a tickets but I never wanted to surport any of these teams before Brighton I just wanted to watch football when Brighton weren't playing.
However I have always been proud to say I am a Brighton Fan first.
I not winding up my friends until after we played them next season :facepalm:

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
The worse case scenario for these Sussex born and bred armchair followers of big PL clubs is that we have made it to the "Promised Land" - it just highlights their shallow existence (in terms of being a football fan). They will be desperate we get relegated as soon as possible to justify their deluded view of saying "we this" and "we that" when talking about a football club / international brand they have probably never visited. Thank god I and all my family know the true meaning and joy and despair (and every emotion in between) that comes with supporting your local club.

I don't post often but this subject always gets me going!!

That feels better!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
My Saturday Lunchtime drinking friends include a Chelsea and an Arsenal Fan. Both very happy to see Brighton promoted and both think there is a good chance of us staying up - A Better Team than Bournemouth was their view...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here