Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jeff sterlings outburst

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I think I will have to agree that if Des had done that at the height of our troubles, I think that the majority of Brighton fans would thanked him for doing so.

If Des had ranted live on air that Steve Gritt should be sacked, 2 weeks before Hereford, I don't think the majority of Brighton fans would have thanked him at all. That is the parallel you are suggesting here.

If on the other hand he had called on the Board to go, for secretly changing the Articles of Association that would allow them to profit from the sale of the Goldstone with no viable alternative ground then he would have had everybody's full backing.

But of course that isn't what Jeff Stelling did at all. Why are some people confusing this?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
should have been shouting from the stands

not from a TV studio

calls himself a supporter :lol:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
If Des had ranted live on air that Steve Gritt should be sacked, 2 weeks before Hereford, I don't think the majority of Brighton fans would have thanked him at all. That is the parallel you are suggesting here.

If on the other hand he had called on the Board to go, for secretly changing the Articles of Association that would allow them to profit from the sale of the Goldstone with no viable alternative ground then he would have had everybody's full backing.

But of course that isn't what Jeff Stelling did at all. Why are some people confusing this?

That is not what I meant, I was making the comparison of Des calling for Archer/Bellotti to go.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I suspect that this had been brewing behind the scenes for some time and it was something of a last resort. I guess, as club President he was more of a supporter than representative of the club. - noew confirmed by his resignation and engagement with the supporters. Whilst it wasn't his best day, sometimes passion overtakes events - as Brighton fans we will all have experienced that.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I like Stelling but he's a bit of a parody of himself these days.

That said, if I had a platform like he does, I'd use it too. He knows he has no risk of losing his job as he's so fundamental to that show's success.
Isn't he going at the end of this season anyway?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Fair play to him I say!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Gritt had done a brilliant job with two weeks to go before Hereford, why would Des do that ???

Lord B,you have a soft spot for The Iron,s don't you ? Tommy Tynan.

More than a soft spot. County are the first team I ever supported. I used to walk to games at Somerton Park.

Tommy Tynan is a great Newport hero (along with John Aldridge and Tony Pulis), but they were all after my time, living in the place. My County heroes were Colin ("Rock") Hudson, who played briefly for the Albion after he left Newport, and Harry Harris, an inside forward who was transferred to Portsmouth, before returning to finish his career at Somerton Park.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Rubbish, the man supports an unfashionable club, he is well within his rights to have a pop.

Would you have slated Des Lynham in the war years, had he kicked off about our set of boardroom wankers?

I love Jeff Stelling and I love his passion and I love that he supports an ''unfashionable'' club like Hartlepool like you say; however, as a fan he has every right to make such statements but not whilst in his capacity as a TV Presenter. There are Sky paying Customers who are fans of Newport County who would like to see their team survive at the expense of Hartlepool.

I hope Hartlepool stay up but someone shouldn't be crying for a man to be sacked live on TV when they are being paid to report news and deliver football results.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I love Jeff Stelling and I love his passion and I love that he supports an ''unfashionable'' club like Hartlepool like you say; however, as a fan he has every right to make such statements but not whilst in his capacity as a TV Presenter. There are Sky paying Customers who are fans of Newport County who would like to see their team survive at the expense of Hartlepool.

I hope Hartlepool stay up but someone shouldn't be crying for a man to be sacked live on TV when they are being paid to report news and deliver football results.

He is paid to entertain , like I DO

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Just when they most need to score goals, they call on Barndoor Billy!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Unprofessional and pathetic using your position as a TV presenter to demand that another person is sacked from their job live on air.

What a cock.

That's the one! Would be justice if Stelling gets the sack for his pathetic, childish outburst.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here