Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Paisley Has Died

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As part of the Agreement, the British parliament repealed the Government of Ireland Act 1920 (which had established Northern Ireland and partitioned Ireland) and the People of Ireland amended Articles 2 and 3 of the Constitution of Ireland, which asserted a territorial claim over Northern Ireland.
Which the people of the Irish Republic agreed to by voting 94% in favour.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They didn't take it out , they 'amended' it.
That is pathetic. This is what it now reads:

the birthright of all the people of Northern Ireland to identify themselves and be accepted as Irish or British, or both, as they may so choose, and accordingly confirm that their right to hold both British and Irish citizenship is accepted by both Governments and would not be affected by any future change in the status of Northern Ireland

So it was alright to try and block the GFA because that article is somehow offensive?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Which the people of the Irish Republic agreed to by voting 94% in favour.

Best to follow the UN charter regarding self-determination on this, I would have thought, and that says that 'separate peoples' have the right to choose their own sovereignty free from outside political interference....and the latest opinion polls indicate that people in Northern Ireland are overwhelmingly happy to remain British. Even with Catholics polled, more expressed a wish to stay British than be ruled by the Irish Republic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-21345997

As an aside, is there anything that DaveInPrague doesn't find funny? I'm not sure pissing my pants with laughter every moment of every day is a blessing or curse.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Rightwingers amuse me buzzer..sorry.
Their first reaction on this thread was to hope for somebody elses death....and I find that sort of thing funny.

psst...if youre pissing your pants, everytime you see something funny, I would get your bladder checked.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Best to follow the UN charter regarding self-determination on this, I would have thought, and that says that 'separate peoples' have the right to choose their own sovereignty free from outside political interference....and the latest opinion polls indicate that people in Northern Ireland are overwhelmingly happy to remain British. Even with Catholics polled, more expressed a wish to stay British than be ruled by the Irish Republic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-21345997
I agree, and I think the constitutional amendment in the Irish Republic now respects this. But lets be fair, the question of Ireland was always one where interpretation of that UN charter was dependent on which side of the line you are - there are two major ethnic groups on the island, but problem was that until the GFA, the Ulster-Scots were in total control of far more land than their numbers represented.

As an aside, is there anything that DaveInPrague doesn't find funny? I'm not sure pissing my pants with laughter every moment of every day is a blessing or curse.
Probably not. I think he likes to giggle in lieu of using his brain, hence his permanent state of laughter. Best ignored.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I agree, and I think the constitutional amendment in the Irish Republic now respects this. But lets be fair, the question of Ireland was always one where interpretation of that UN charter was dependent on which side of the line you are - there are two major ethnic groups on the island, but problem was that until the GFA, the Ulster-Scots were in total control of far more land than their numbers represented.

Probably not. I think he likes to giggle in lieu of using his brain, hence his permanent state of laughter. Best ignored.

Yeah, sadly, im not a pompous **** like you. Its my loss.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Rightwingers amuse me buzzer..sorry.
There first reaction on this thread was to hope for somebody elses death....and I find that sort of thing funny.

Err...I never wished death on anybody. That's the second time you've claimed that. I just said that I'd smile when he did go, please do go back and check. To put that into context, I had a good friend at Uni who lost a relative, caught up in a bombing in London back in about 1991. I remember the effect that had upon him and his family and then reading an interview with McGuinness who 'justified' the murders with his usual weasel words. I hated him then and I hate him now. As I say, I don't wish him dead but I won't pretend that I won't be glad when he's gone.

And for that you call me a bigot. I can live with that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yeah, sadly, im not a pompous **** like you. Its my loss.
Another dreary, pointless post, devoid of any quality. Plus ca change.

Isn't there a "I like drawing all over my fingers" forum that you could frequent while the grown-ups are talking on here?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Thats a huge shame, as I intended to live my life according to yours, and gimpsters direction. Im gutted.

Whats up gimpster...you seem quite happy to dish out insults, but get a bit 9 year old girl if anything comes back to you.
If you think I give a flying **** what you think, youre a bigger ****wit than I realised.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Err...what direction would that be? Rhetorical question, I'm outta here.

I should be outta here too, as I can't really compete with the hilarious putdowns such as "gimpster". No doubt he was wetting himself with laughter as he typed it out. What next? "nitwit"?

Proper people's poet.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
....and another thread dies as a result of DiP's dogma taking over the subject matter.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The 'being a pompous ****' direction. Sadly, im going to miss out now.

Loathe as I am to get dragged back in: a) I never called you that and b) that's not so much a design for living as just a plain insult. Right, hope that's cleared that up. I'm outta here. Have a good weekend.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Loathe as I am to get dragged back in: a) I never called you that and b) that's not so much a design for living as just a plain insult. Right, hope that's cleared that up. I'm outta here. Have a good weekend.

Always do. You too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here