[Albion] "Brighton set for €10m Camarasa"

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
"Brighton set for €10m Camarasa"

Assists? they're there, the nod back for Hemed's winner against Newcastle, the sweeping crossfield ball that sent us on the way for our opener against Bournemouth

:

Not to mention the one he stuck on a plate for Hazard on Saturday :whistle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Or I could have said: Are we really saying that DS is better than many of our other players?

Yes, I would say that in his role DS has performed consistently better than some of his first team mates and is a decent PL central midfielder. His job, including in the Championship, is to shield the back 4, win the ball back and pass to creative players. Despite being surrounded by slower paced Propper and Gross, meaning all 3 are under pressure, he has fared well.

He'll be snapped up by another PL club if we drop.

Dyche and his Albion team mates really rate DS. That's good enough for me and means far more than the opinion of arm chair coaches.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Another reason why the awful Argus is slowly dying.

I have absolutely no idea why any Albion fan would seem to welcome the eventual demise of the only local paper providing in-depth coverage of their club (not to mention excellent coverage of all the local non-league clubs). Beggars belief.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
I dont think that you can hold that against him as he just stuck his foot out to stop the ball going across the goalmouth but unfortunately it fell for Hazard, he was just unlucky.

:lolol:

#whoosh

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Or I could have said: Are we really saying that DS is better than many of our other players? Based purely on some decent passing/tackling stats? The BIG issue is this idea that DS doesn't just recycle the ball, he sodding does - his longer passing is good, but totally ineffectual in our current system and borne from need as he plays sooooo deep. If he's such an integral cog in our system, where is the success that should be coming from his influence as the go to guy in Midfield? He's picking passes, as the stats back it up but clearly he's picking the wrong passes as the goals scored column confirms.
I'll put myself in the undecided camp (pathetic really), but I don't agree that the goals scored column indicates he's picking the wrong passes, it's perhaps more to do with the performance of our forwards and the fact our wingers have to track back so much.

Is he making a good fist if things in a difficult offensive system? Yes, BUT he isn't able to undo the opposition enough and is relying on his long cross field balling to disguise the fact he can no longer influence things in a telling way through the middle.
That's not his main role though. He's also often outnumbered in the midfield.

Overall the consensus seems to be that It's the wingers and strikers fault, but Dale is a blameless footballing genius on the level of Shelvey... oh great.
I think perhaps some posters are just trying to be balanced. He's not a world beater, but he's not particularly to blame for our results.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Another reason why the awful Argus is slowly dying.

Don't always help themselves;

1. The front page naming of the Albion players in that hotel sex "scandal".
2. Naylor's MEGA-TROLLING of Albion fans with the Hammond signing - clearly hinting it was going to be Zamora, and clearly trying to piss off Albion fans.
3. Naylor's CONSTANT sniping about NSC - never mentions it by name but always obvious when he's talking about it.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

2. Naylor's MEGA-TROLLING of Albion fans with the Hammond signing - clearly hinting it was going to be Zamora, and clearly trying to piss off Albion fans.
3. Naylor's CONSTANT sniping about NSC - never mentions it by name but always obvious when he's talking about it.

The 21st century low budget Argus simply passes on tabloid esque 'stories' shit stirring about councils, Greens vs Labour, proposed housing schemes, car versus bicycle and various other local click baits. With the same few dozen trolls slagging each other and strangers off in the comments underneath. The website is riddled with pop up ads, no matter how good your blockers, as they desparately seek income by any means.

It used to be a good newspaper.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have absolutely no idea why any Albion fan would seem to welcome the eventual demise of the only local paper providing in-depth coverage of their club (not to mention excellent coverage of all the local non-league clubs). Beggars belief.

Where did I welcome it, it's simply a fact, that local papers and the Argus are in terminal decline. Times change.

As pointed out by posters on this thread, many fans get their Albion news FIRST elsewhere.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
The 21st century low budget Argus simply passes on tabloid esque 'stories' shit stirring about councils, Greens vs Labour, proposed housing schemes, car versus bicycle and various other local click baits. With the same few dozen trolls slagging each other and strangers off in the comments underneath. The website is riddled with pop up ads, no matter how good your blockers, as they desparately seek income by any means.

It used to be a good newspaper.

Absolutely this. I wouldn't miss it for a second.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I'll put myself in the undecided camp (pathetic really), but I don't agree that the goals scored column indicates he's picking the wrong passes, it's perhaps more to do with the performance of our forwards and the fact our wingers have to track back so much.

That's not his main role though. He's also often outnumbered in the midfield.

I think perhaps some posters are just trying to be balanced. He's not a world beater, but he's not particularly to blame for our results.

Cheers Trigger - always nice to be considered/resonsed and opt for actual 'feel' rather than bland statistics to back up your response. I appreciate what you're saying, and can't argue with how you put it. All done in a non patronising, 'trying to be funny' or condescending way. Most unusual for nsc these days, and most welcome.

Kosh

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
This is a real worry. 292_camarasaurus_frank_lode.jpg. Camarasaurus is a dinosaur which lived approximately 150 million years ago during the late Jurassic Period. Castellano___Juanjo---Camarasaurus_b765.jpg
Quick Camarasaurus Facts
Lived to the age of 26 years old
Weighed as much as 4 African Elephants
Could be as long as 6 car links
May have traveled in large herds
May have had clutches of eggs
I'm out.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Plus Naylor's blind favouring of Calamity Wayne over Michel regardless of the FDM actually stopping goals going in rather than Hendo finding umpteen different ways to gift goals to the opposition.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here