Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Appeal to pull together if Sami stays...

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
As a season ticket holder the thought of boycotting games is like going to a restaurant, paying for your meal and sneaking out without eating it!
Also, as you get older, you relish the chance to be grumpy without some miserable scrote telling you to cheer up:annoyed::glare:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Crucial difference then was that we still supported THE TEAM, even the managers (Gritt had a rough ride at first, but ended up a hero). Protests were against THE BOARD.

That's just how I remembered it, and Jimmy Case was a terrible manager.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I will go when I can, we are expecting a baby very soon, so I am happy to have this new distraction to ease the pain of the monumental fvck up bloom is making by continuing to employ the dim fin. It really is all very upsetting. The 11 players on the pitch will have my full support for 90 minutes.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
If we have the same team selection as against Millwall on Boxing Day, if Reading come out fighting and we don't, if we go a goal down then unfortunately that will never happen. It could be a sad day for all of us as things will get very heated.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Nope. The difference now is that we have the opportunity to stem the decline in a calm rational fashion that identifies Hyppia's tactical ineptitude and the dreadful recruitment policy of Burke as the key issues. Like a normal club we can deal with under-performance by these individuals decisively. That opportunity is being wasted with Bells on. The Bells being the soulless corporate side of the club.

There is no prospect of a turnaround so is enough only enough when the mathematicians throw in the towel? NO DEAL!

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
As a season ticket holder the thought of boycotting games is like going to a restaurant, paying for your meal and sneaking out without eating it!
Also, as you get older, you relish the chance to be grumpy without some miserable scrote telling you to cheer up:annoyed::glare:

This is my take on it too. This is the worst albion side I have seen in a long while but I'm not going to punish myself for their and Sami's shortcomings. I like seeing my mates, having a pint and a good old moan.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If we have the same team selection as against Millwall on Boxing Day, if Reading come out fighting and we don't, if we go a goal down then unfortunately that will never happen. It could be a sad day for all of us as things will get very heated.

I word re Reading on Boxing Day - MURRAY. You know its going to happen!!

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I think the majority of fans reasonably thought Sammi just needed a bit of time and had not had the best of luck and gave him the benefit of doubt. The reasoning was that he could turn things round and it would be worse if they sacked him, paid him compensation, got someone else in just as bad and he went elsewhere and did a good job. However it is now fairly clear beyond reasonable doubt that those factors do not apply. To keep him on now is just being stubborn. The interview he gave after the Fulham game left me with the impression he was now just going through the motions and waiting to be pushed. OK it might have been worth waiting to see how they faired against Millwall who had just been trounced at home by Middlesbrough. We got our answer. Stop dithering now please.

Peter_Taylor

Dec 7, 2014
Storrington
Clearly not too many Sami fans left and 95% of fans want him out. After Friday, myself included

Fustrating as it is, but if TB wants to stick with him everyone needs to pull together and get behind the team.

Boo'ing, threat of boycotts etc will do nothing but harm the cause

That's all...

I agree with you but I fear you are in for a torrent of abuse.

I think that we may have reached a tipping point as the big 11am announcement didn't happen.
Bloom has signalled that Sami being sacked is not going to happen and has said that he is going to back him with more transfer funds. Up at Wolves there will be less pressure on the team without thousands of 'home' supporters screaming abuse at them. I genuinely think that they will get a result and that will lead to the 'Boo' lobby slipping away for the Reading game. Of course, there will be a few that will keep it up for months but if we win more than we lose then there will be fewer each home game and we will achieve relative safety.

I agree with the O/P not backing Sami and the team on matchday can only make things worse.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
He has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he can turn this around. The only thing we should be pulling together for is more action to ensure that he is gone as soon as possible to give the new manager a better chance of hauling us out of this mess in time.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Nice thought, but won't happen. If we go a goal down on Boxing Day (maybe even at Wolves) it's not going to be a nice atmosphere.
I disagree with the personal abuse that was aimed at Hyypia on Friday but can only see it continuing unless something pretty significant happens, also wonder how long it will be before it turns to the board if they refuse to do anything

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Lucky we didn't have idiots like this about in the 90's, they would have been kissing Belotti's backside then too

As on another thread:

I think Hyypia continuing is untenable. He clearly doesn't want to be here. He's lost the crowd and the dressing room. It will be a miracle if he turns it around. Only Bloom can determine the outcome (in my view when rather than if).
BUT, in my view, creating the sort of poisonous atmosphere that existed on Friday can only make the team play worse and heighten our plight. It was also very unpleasant and, frankly, self-indulgent. So if you want to boycott Boxing Day then do so. But if you come along, get behind the team. In 96/97, Fans United was the turning point where all the frustrated energy of the troubles were converted into support for the team. From then on, a corner had been turned. Archer was still at the helm but it didn't stop us distinguishing between supporting the team and disliking the regime. The reality is we are not down yet by a long chalk. In 96/97 we were miles adrift and turned it around. There is still everything to play for.

PG

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
He has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he can turn this around. The only thing we should be pulling together for is more action to ensure that he is gone as soon as possible to give the new manager a better chance of hauling us out of this mess in time.

Should have happened weeks ago, lickers like the OP and cocks who try to blame Barber/Burke/the players for all the problems have prevented this.
SEMI is SHITE as I've been saying for ages now.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I did not boo on Friday as it felt as if it was aimed at the players rather than the manager as it started when millwall scored.
With all the in-fighting between the brighton fans all around me i actually did not see match of the play.
You end up just sitting there not cheering not booing, as if you are not there.
But I enjoy my football fix with my son every 2 weeks so I will be there.
I was happy to support Hyppia until Derby and last Friday ...
They have your season ticket money whether you are there or not so the only way you can hurt them is not buying food or merchandise...
Will keep supporting the players as we have all been in jobs where you do not perform to your ability because your manager cannot motivate..

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Clearly not too many Sami fans left and 95% of fans want him out. After Friday, myself included

Fustrating as it is, but if TB wants to stick with him everyone needs to pull together and get behind the team.

Boo'ing, threat of boycotts etc will do nothing but harm the cause

That's all...

NO.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
I will stop attending games if Hyypia stays. I didn't go on Friday and I won't be going again while he is here. Why do I want to take leisure time out to get angry and wound up, which is what I will do. The guy is completely clueless and is obviously way way out of his depth. I admire those of you who can turn up and stay positive.

It's not that we are losing, I can live with that, it's Bloom's apparent reluctance to do anything about it that is winding me up as well.

I feel the same, and sooner or later Bloom will realise when he sees matchday revenue is down because the fans are not in the stands buying beer and food. Hyypia seems a nice fella but is the worst manager we had since Hinshlewood and Bloom being stubborn in supporting Hyypia is taking my enjoyment away from supporting the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here